• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

whats the most painful thing that ever happened to you?

• Thread starter DeletedUser40473
  • Start date
Lets see
Mental: Having a catchy song or long train of thought in your head right as you are trying to go to sleep but keeps you up most of the night.

Physical: The tip of my index finger hammered on the handle part of a key (was straightening the key, lost feeling there for about a week)
Once in a while, if I am moving something heavier than normal, my mid to lower back will pop. It goes away in about 5-10 minutes but really catches me off guard.
Chiggers. Just, chiggers.

For shocks, I work on antique electrical devices in my spare time, most memorable was:
TAN headwire on an old fan had a bare spot, moved the fan while on, unknowingly touched the bare spot and ZAP!
For anyone who is not familiar with antique plugs, the wires screw in on either side of the plug. Sometimes a stray strand will come loose and in contact with my metal power strip and start conducting it. I can definitely see why power strips are plastic now lol.

Lady Gato

I used to rodeo in my younger days - barrel raced and even rode bulls. I fractured 3 vertebrae when I was 8. I've been kicked, bit, stomped on, and had a horse fall sideways and land with me underneath him. But the most painful thing that happened to me (including childbirth which I got thru with just a shot of demerol) was a reaction to a gas that was injected into me prior to a surgery. I thought I was dying -- I had to physically crawl around on the floor while taking care of an infant. Luckily it only lasted a few days.

Alpha Persei

Recently, my grandfather (my mother's side) of 86 years of age left to Mexico after a huge argument with the rest of the family. Don't know what exactly could have triggered such a scream fest, but it got physical, and both my grandfather and father (who tried to stop him) were hurt, although my grandfather's injuries are unknown to me. That man had developed something that reminded me of King Saul; letting himself slowly lose his sanity and becoming a terrible person, physically and mentally. He stopped being grateful for the sacrifices that his family (including an uncle of mine) made just to take care of him and my grandmother and making sure they were healthy. After a while, he took to nagging and complained about everything, even about our family, until the incident I mentioned above.
That man is dead to me, and will remain like that until he fixes his attitude. As I type this with enraged fingers, I will let others know that no way in hell will I let myself be called his grandson. What little sympathy and respect I had left for him is gone, reduced to atoms (no, I have not seen Endgame). And, while I would never wish calamity upon any foe of mine, I hope he knows that he needs to be with his family; that it's for his own good and for his safety.
ohh, this sad to hear. i hope u and ur family are doing well though .

Alpha Persei

let's see ..
1) getting stabbed with a glass bottle on the beach ,(while salt water is being poured on it )
2) getting nearly stabbed by a steel in the chest ( while riding a bike)
3) having to have re-do a quest again because the internet stopped , knowing that u just had one more thing to complete it .
4)running bare feet on concrete from a pack of dogs( cause some how, my slippers had flew off)
5) getting my foot stuck under a door while walking
6)fell on my neck once ( twice actually)
and the list goes on.....

AwesomeAadi10

One time while I was visiting my relatives in India, I was using their exercise machine. It was one those that are basically a bike but it didn’t move. And if only had one tire in the front. I was about 10 maybe and I pedaled so fast that my feet slipped off. My right foot Swami under the tire and “crunch”. My foot wasn’t broken but I had a huge scare gushing blood right below my pinkie toe. The worst/funniest part was that when I asked my mom for help and told her that my foot was bleeding badly she told me to go away and that she’s busy. Wow mom, just wow. I still have a scar where that happened. I probably have a worse memory but I don’t remember any since I have a really bad memory. Oh and there was that time I ran into a door by accident when I thought my brother was chasing me,“ but he wasn’t, but that wasn’t as painful and that’s a whole other story.

emmagirl2

Physically - splitting my eyebrow open when I was three I had to wait 3 days for sitches
Everyday my back is in agony
When my little brother hit my knee with his tablet
Mentally-1# 2015 my stepdad does of cancer
2# on my 6th birthday my dad ditched me (totally the best present )
3# they day my little brother stopped breathing for an whole minute