• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

honey55

read again, I said your guild can stay in plat but you chose not to, and yet crying about getting smacked in diamond league
Am I missing something? The only way I can see that one can stay in platinum is to on purpose not participate much for any season one sees winning a top spot moves one up. That in itself ruins gbg for me. Not really an acceptable solution for a game feature where you're supposed to try to win. 2 weeks of sitting on the fence. This bad season won't just happen once, but still likely repeat itself over and over again.

icarusethan

Am I missing something? The only way I can see that one can stay in platinum is to on purpose not participate much for any season one sees winning a top spot moves one up. That in itself ruins gbg for me. Not really an acceptable solution for a game feature where you're supposed to try to win. 2 weeks of sitting on the fence. This bad season won't just happen once, but still likely repeat itself over and over again.
so you can either do that or go to diamond and do nothing for a season then come back to plat, over and over again

RazorbackPirate

I honestly don't see the issue with the current situation. Whether I'm in diamond or not. in a farming agreement or not, I can get as many rewards as my attrition allows. Sure, in some seasons and scenarios, I can get more than others, but the rewards in any season are there for the taking.

I have never had a problem with our guild churning from Platinum to Diamond and back again. What most fail to realize is you either compete against the other guilds, or if you're in the other guilds, you compete against your own guildmates for rewards. Either way, you're still competing for rewards and if you're not a top player in that top guild, you don't get much and you take the attrition the big boys won't touch.

As far as I'm concerned the complaints about the current system come down to envy or lack of understanding. Envious the biggest players in biggest guilds get the most, or don't understand the mechanics of being in a large GBG farming guild. Either way, I'm good with it as is. Easy rewards when I want them, easy to ignore when I don't.

It took less than 3 seasons for players to turn GBG into what it is now. False expectations of anything different should have ended shortly thereafter. Unless and until it breaks for Inno, meaning, diamond expenditures in GBG dries up, nothing changes. You don't fix, what ain't broke, and from Inno's standpoint, it aint broke. How do I know that? They've done nothing to change it since introduction. No Fix = Ain't Broke.

That this is still being argued about at this stage is nuts. Inno will do what it wants when it wants, for the reasons it wants, every one of them tied to the bottom line, and that's the bottom line. Period. (And yes, sometimes it needs to be spelled out.)

Tony 85 the Generous

read again, I said your guild can stay in plat but you chose not to, and yet crying about getting smacked in diamond league
I don't see the word "guild" in your post. Do you?
no, you have a choice to stay in high school league but you chose not to
I also don't see anything about diamond in either your post or mine. I wasn't talking about diamond, I am speaking in general terms.

so you can either do that or go to diamond and do nothing for a season then come back to plat, over and over again
(a) That sounds like a lot of fun to do every two weeks. NOT!
(b) Why should the players have to work around the problems with the game's design?

honey55

Here is what they said in the first announcement about gbg:

To ensure that there’s no substantial difference between the participating guilds on each Battleground map, we will have a League System made up of five distinct league categories: Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Newly arrived guilds will always be positioned in the Copper league.

There is many times a substantial difference. And to be clear, while I like getting the rewards, I am not doing gbg for them. I enjoy ge too and if I was doing it just for the rewards, would not bother doing it all the time. Maybe it's strange, but I enjoy ge and gbg. I would like gbg to be more competitive. It isn't fun to even watch a game where one team creams the other and it certainly isn't fun to be so unmatched whether we're way too good or don't have much of a chance. I'm getting my fights in. If that's all I want, great! It isn't really satisfying.

UBERhelp1

There is no substantial difference between guilds competing in GBG. Everyone in the season is there because of their activity in the past season. That's not going to change.

honey55

I've heard it suggested we don't bother fighting when we don't stand a chance. That way the guild that is way better won't have anything to take. Nothing more frustrating than taking the entire map in the first couple hour and then having nothing you do for the rest of the season. I kind of wonder if some of the guilds didn't decide to do that today from the look of our map. I haven't been able to do much today myself but it doesn't appear that many others in our guild have either. If they don't want to match the guilds that are able to take the map in such a short time against each other than why should we enable them to farm. So, if all the other guilds took a season off when up against these guilds that are substantially better as suggested, I might expect that members of these great guilds might come here and complain because then they too would end up having to sit out the season after the first hour.

icarusethan

I've heard it suggested we don't bother fighting when we don't stand a chance. That way the guild that is way better won't have anything to take. Nothing more frustrating than taking the entire map in the first couple hour and then having nothing you do for the rest of the season. I kind of wonder if some of the guilds didn't decide to do that today from the look of our map. I haven't been able to do much today myself but it doesn't appear that many others in our guild have either. If they don't want to match the guilds that are able to take the map in such a short time against each other than why should we enable them to farm. So, if all the other guilds took a season off when up against these guilds that are substantially better as suggested, I might expect that members of these great guilds might come here and complain because then they too would end up having to sit out the season after the first hour.
big guild can match big guild and take the whole map, nobody would care

Tony 85 the Generous

There is no substantial difference between guilds competing in GBG. Everyone in the season is there because of their activity in the past season. That's not going to change.
There are many significant differences between the guilds competing in GBG. The only substantial similarity is their standings in past seasons, which means little since that success is based on only the relative success against 4-7 other guilds instead of all of the guilds in their league or in the world.

Not Visi

I too have talked to leaders about "taking a season off" and letting the greedy guild just sit there. They're too afraid of what the bullies may do in retaliation in GvG. Put the greedy bullies together and let them hold hands and play with their fp's, let the fighters fight

Ebeondi Asi

In every GbG season, there are usually seven Guilds. That one or two might decide to not participate means nothing. Even five hang up the towel nada. as long a s two can trade tiles back and forth they can play with no problems. Go ahead and find any six Guilds that you can get to agree on much? like herding cats. LOL
Guilds I am in have negotiated the board up with one, two or three other Guilds.

icarusethan

I too have talked to leaders about "taking a season off" and letting the greedy guild just sit there. They're too afraid of what the bullies may do in retaliation in GvG. Put the greedy bullies together and let them hold hands and play with their fp's, let the fighters fight
small guilds are taking a season off anyway if you not in the coop with big dogs, what makes you think they would care if you really do it?

Yugi the 7empest

We were beached last season as we ended up on a map with 3 really big guilds. This season we are ranked #40 with 36 players. We are on a map with 5 of the top 13 guilds in our world. So.....yeah, there's that. I hope that it's random matching, because if this is the result of some formula designed to achieve parity, it's broke.

Obviously, guild ranking means very little as we have a guild with 2 members in the top 10 on our world rankings. It would be nice if rankings were based on factors that actually matter when it comes to GBG such as size, number of members, cumulative experience points of the members, just to name a few.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

GbG could be better if it were world against world

Not going to happen ,

Multiple accounts are allowed across different worlds and the abuse and goods sharing between accounts would go through the roof. All it would take is the time it takes for the big guilds to form "mirror" guilds in other worlds and the exact same thing would exist except players would play against themselves and rake in double the rewards.

The Lady Redneck

GbG could be better if it were world against world
I used to be in a multi world guild that was really into GE in 6 of them. We could take up to a week to do all 4 levels, but if the challenge was there we had to be able to do all 4 within the first hour if needed. It was so easy to win GE every week in those worlds. As many of the other members were also multi worlders. It was a simple matter to put out a battle call in our main world to say fighters were needed in another, So it was no problem for us to win the gold in at least those 6 worlds. And also more of the worlds we played in. It would be the same with GBG. It would take planning, time and commitment. But the challenge of beating the system is something that some would relish. It was that challenge that turned GBG into what it is now, Then once the problems were worked through, more guilds would get on board with it. So it would end up pretty much as it is now. You cannot share goods between worlds. But you can share expertise and the required information to move your fighters.