• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Emberguard

Moot point when no top guild is going to do what you're implying they will do. No sensible top tier guild with ambitious members would just randomly take a break and not do anything during an 11 day period. They play GBG for the Checkers everyday rewards and if they happen to be rich, to actually do GBG and compete
I get that and it just proves my point. If the top 3 spots always gains more points than the other spots on the diamond island and never loses points then you’ll have those 3 guilds as permanent diamond guilds until they break apart. And if they broke apart internally but kept the guild you’d then have a backlog of leading points to catch up to keeping them in that spot for however long instead of requiring them to earn the position each season.

It's a huge problem if all the other guilds in the map can't play GBG checkers. Much less refuse to leave their HQ. The guild is basically not getting 11 days worth of rewards and ranking points
Even last place gets reasonable rewards....and dont forget, a guild has to have had some strength to get into Diamond....our guild bounces between plat and dia. going to plat is on purpose so we can do a swap meet. being in diamond is boring cause we can never get out of our HQ. I think u have it backwards...but then again, it was noted u look like a strong guild who is stuck in diamond....does not make me sad for ya

Player8089030

GBG needs to be cross world so no alliance is easy. Then it would truly be a free for all and small guilds would gnaw at whoever swept across the map and alliances where segments are traded to lock guilds out would be almost impossible to maintain.

Plain Red Justice

I think u have it backwards...
Naah, you even do checkers yourself so you should know that no one actually cares at those peanuts end of season placement rewards. Those miniscule consolation prizes simply cannot compare to even a single day of doing Checkers with a competent guild. Even the strongest guild that doesn't get competent allies on the map is basically getting locked out of maximum 11 days worth of rewards.

Kranyar the Mysterious

If the LP cap was removed, no one else would ever catch up because all 8 d
GBG needs to be cross world so no alliance is easy. Then it would truly be a free for all and small guilds would gnaw at whoever swept across the map and alliances where segments are traded to lock guilds out would be almost impossible to maintain.
Either wouldn't make a difference or it would actually make it even easier, since many players could be in all the top guilds, using their knowledge to simply farm.

Player8089030

Even last place gets reasonable rewards....and dont forget, a guild has to have had some strength to get into Diamond....our guild bounces between plat and dia. going to plat is on purpose so we can do a swap meet. being in diamond is boring cause we can never get out of our HQ. I think u have it backwards...but then again, it was noted u look like a strong guild who is stuck in diamond....does not make me sad for ya
If the LP cap was removed, no one else would ever catch up because all 8 d

Either wouldn't make a difference or it would actually make it even easier, since many players could be in all the top guilds, using their knowledge to simply farm.
The odds that a player is in enough guilds to make your scenario anything but an extreme outlier are phenomenal. It would make a huge difference as i have seen the two top guilds on B- world lock 6 other guilds out of participating almost completely using a ton of communication and an organized sector swap. Cross world would wreck that completely and they’d have to stand alone.

Emberguard

Cross world would wreck that completely and they’d have to stand alone.
Sometimes actions speak louder then words. You don't need guilds to communicate with words to have the same situation as there is currently. Everyone's been at it long enough to know the tactics used. All you'd need is for guilds to read the map early on in each season to find out who's the two strongest guilds and then for those guilds to do the same dance we have now.

Yes you've seen it done with communication and for those that rely excessively on it then it would wreck havoc at least initially. However I've seen it executed almost flawlessly without ever speaking a single word to the allied guild. Cross world may potentially reduce the amount of islands that succeed at it, but it won't eliminate the tactic because there are guilds out there who don't need verbal communication to read whether a guild will cooperate with them.

Making it cross world would simply shift the focus from communication with allies to reading the map to determine intention of the other guild(s). I would like to see cross world just to see how it'd play out, but I wouldn't expect it to get rid of the tactics used.

Last edited:

Player8089030

Sometimes actions speak louder then words. You don't need guilds to communicate with words to have the same situation as there is currently. Everyone's been at it long enough to know the tactics used. All you'd need is for guilds to read the map early on in each season to find out who's the two strongest guilds and then for those guilds to do the same dance we have now.

Yes you've seen it done with communication and for those that rely excessively on it then it would wreck havoc at least initially. However I've seen it executed almost flawlessly without ever speaking a single word to the allied guild. Cross world may potentially reduce the amount of islands that succeed at it, but it won't eliminate the tactic because there are guilds out there who don't need verbal communication to read whether a guild will cooperate with them.

Making it cross world would simply shift the focus from communication with allies to reading the map to determine intention of the other guild(s). I would like to see cross world just to see how it'd play out, but I wouldn't expect it to get rid of the tactics used.

I couldn’t disagree more. Seeing it done flawlessly without any communication while other guilds are trying to break it is impossible. It could be done sloppily to a degree but you are giving people far too much credit and being dismissive of how much work it takes to hold 6 other guilds back into their starting sectors by immediately trading nearly all sectors on the board. No way someone does that on the fly. I’ve been playing for six years on multiple worlds. No way.

Last edited:
If you haven't figured out that GbG was designed almost entirely to produce the maximum amount of rewards for the highest number of committed players than you are simply allowing yourself to be fooled by all the rhetoric of the "experts". #getwoke

Plain Red Justice

I couldn’t disagree more. Seeing it done flawlessly without any communication while other guilds are trying to break it is impossible. It could be done sloppily to a degree but you are giving people far too much credit and being dismissive of how much work it takes to hold 6 other guilds back into their starting sectors by immediately trading nearly all sectors on the board.
True. I've been in comms with 2 other allies and it's already been hell trying to protect our loot and our allies' candies as well from just a single nothing special but persistent guild especially when even one of the other party's leaders are offline and the troublemakers happened to be quite active during the dead of the night. Even if there are no enemies, sector swaps still tends to be a hassle especially when you try to minmax; it's literally unplayable without comms

ahsay

I'd have to agree as well with previous two posts. Although I have experienced, sort of, what embergard said but I'd attribute it to laziness and luck. I could definitely be wrong

Player8089030

If you haven't figured out that GbG was designed almost entirely to produce the maximum amount of rewards for the highest number of committed players than you are simply allowing yourself to be fooled by all the rhetoric of the "experts". #getwoke
But that isn’t what they created. It is only the maximum rewards for the committed players who happen to be among the high ranking guilds while they bully smaller guilds out of those same rewards. I know many all day players who get very few individual rewards from GBG because their mid-sized guild advanced into diamond and now every GBG is a quick alliance by the two biggest guilds and no one else really can play. Inno has created a haven for the bully mentality. Make this crossworld and that goes away pretty fast.

ahsay

But that isn’t what they created. It is only the maximum rewards for the committed players who happen to be among the high ranking guilds while they bully smaller guilds out of those same rewards. I know many all day players who get very few individual rewards from GBG because their mid-sized guild advanced into diamond and now every GBG is a quick alliance by the two biggest guilds and no one else really can play. Inno has created a haven for the bully mentality. Make this crossworld and that goes away pretty fast.
I'm not in the highest ranking guild. We've been as low as #37. I love my rewards and don't see any difference between being higher ranked or not.

The only time your scenario occurs is if the two guilds take turns blocking out every smaller guild. Yes that can happen but I find it very rare. One, because there are too many guilds and two it aint easy to coordinate something like that. Three, guilds don't want to block anyone intentionally, unless there is some type of animosity. Blocking other guilds means the blocking guild gets less rewards.

What you have not considered is that any two guilds in any league are free to conspire. Crossworld does not change that.

Player8089030

I'm not in the highest ranking guild. We've been as low as #37. I love my rewards and don't see any difference between being higher ranked or not.

The only time your scenario occurs is if the two guilds take turns blocking out every smaller guild. Yes that can happen but I find it very rare. One, because there are too many guilds and two it aint easy to coordinate something like that. Three, guilds don't want to block anyone intentionally, unless there is some type of animosity. Blocking other guilds means the blocking guild gets less rewards.

What you have not considered is that any two guilds in any league are free to conspire. Crossworld does not change that.
Welcome to Brisgard. Most of the large guilds enter alliance specifically to block the rest of the guilds and they benefit immensely by mechanically trading the sectors back and forth while the blocked guilds can only watch. You’re right, it isn’t easy but they do it every time just the same because they’re used to it. And crossworld would make communication so much harder it would definitely stop it.

Plain Red Justice

And crossworld would make communication so much harder it would definitely stop it.
What era do you think we're living in? The effect is trivial when you can just invite leaders to way more reliable 3rd party chatting apps like Discord. It shouldn't be an issue to take the extra step when both or 3 of your guilds are clearly the strongest in the map

The Lady Redneck

And crossworld would make communication so much harder it would definitely stop it.
Not so. Many players are active in more than one world and have friends in those worlds. Even in GE I can ask friends in other worlds to check out an opponent to see if it is best for us to complete GE fast. So it would be easy to use the same network in GBG. And, as said, use Discord for communicating. The main driving force of this game is the war aspect. In RL wars, allies on different continents communicate with each other in order to defeat the enemy. The enemy does the same with their allies. And the losers complain of the atrocities inflicted on them by the winning forces. It is a cliche.... But all is fair in love and war.

ahsay

Welcome to Brisgard. Most of the large guilds enter alliance specifically to block the rest of the guilds and they benefit immensely by mechanically trading the sectors back and forth while the blocked guilds can only watch. You’re right, it isn’t easy but they do it every time just the same because they’re used to it. And crossworld would make communication so much harder it would definitely stop it.
Then stop it in Bisgard. Or leave Bisgard. There are options beside ruining the game for the rest of us.

Here's a possible solution. Have the other guilds pick one to defeat. You have 9 days to organize or even pre-organize. Start rallying now for the sessions that may happen weeks from now. All of you that got blocked this session should organize. Then each of the leaders reach out to guilds of similar size. Then when/if you come together again. Pick one guild and hit them hard.

I don't suspect it will be easy but, in time, you all will have a list of offending guilds. Circulate that list, remind each other. Get a group thread going, Discuss among your selves.

We've been blocked too but it's like plundering. Sure it's really bad one or two sessions but you get your opportunities.