• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Algona

It is the biggest abused part of the game, not even close to fun for many, personally I think they should get rid of it, it is also letting the gap between larger and smaller player grow. Send it to the trash can

Tripling your battles and RP since GBG came out and months of sneering at weak Guilds

weak guilds can come and pitch there ideas

All this nonsense about how to take from the big guild and give to the little guild

Just a way for the weak guilds

and suddenly in the last two weeks you now feel this way?

Take two emotional suppositories and don't call me in the morning.

85gt

Tripling your battles and RP since GBG came out and months of sneering at weak Guilds

and suddenly in the last two weeks you now feel this way?

Take two emotional suppositories and don't call me in the morning.
I don`t care about the rewards, Im tired of GbG adding more time that I have to spend on the game, all the little guilds complaining the big guilds coordinating it uses alot of time and after over a year of it I don`t care if its part of the game anymore, got it

Algona

I don`t care about the rewards, Im tired of GbG adding more time that I have to spend on the game, all the little guilds complaining the big guilds coordinating it uses alot of time and after over a year of it I don`t care if its part of the game anymore, got it

Got it.

INNO should drop a profitable aspect of the game because you put too much time into it.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

GBG is what it is. To say it isn't balanced is false. The league points determine your rank, that is how it is balanced. Now if you want to argue that too many guilds are grouped too highly, then we can talk about that. If you want to argue that GBG isn't "competitive" due to collusion between guilds, we can talk about that. And if you want to talk about nerfing the Seige Tower, we can talk about that. But GBG is "fair", and everyone has equal opportunity to succeed. Big guilds that have been building stockpiles of troops and resources and working together for years have been successful. That doesn't mean INNO should change it just because you're a noob and have low resources and think you should be competitive right away. Take the time, put the work in.

Flavius Belisarius

The new PvP Tower in BETA seems to satisfy the desire to fight Armies for profit in competition with others (Individuals & Guilds) but it appears to have the same issues at the higher end as the current GbG. I said "appears".
GvG, GbG, PvP (current and new) GE and Settlements really seem to favor the patient steady player who aren't "rushing" to some kind of conclusion.
It seems FOE is really about the journey, not the end of the road..... In FOE, there is no end unless you quit playing.

Tony 85 the Generous

To say it isn't balanced is false. The league points determine your rank, that is how it is balanced.
Perhaps balanced and unbalanced are the wrong words. Perhaps you would prefer lopsided or mismatched. It is the league points system (advance-to-win) that causes the "noob guilds" to be pitted against the "big guilds" and provides groupings on (some of) the maps to be lopsided and thus not allowing
equal opportunity to succeed

I'm not sure where you make the differentiation between "noob" and "big" guilds? At the same time, why does the league points system allow a guild that is only a few months old and obviously not nearly as strong as the guilds that are years old to be on the same GBG?

Archimedeez

I am in a "noob" guild that doesn't have the treasury to build siege camps, but we have active players. A few months ago, we won our Platinum league at about 850 LP and gained 175 LP, taking us all the way to 1000 LP (!!!???!!!???)

We were then pitted against the big guilds that destroyed us and we couldn't get out of the 4th row. We have been going back and forth between Diamond and Platinum since. Two seasons ago at 975 LP in Diamond, I didn't fight a single battle with more than one siege camp. It sucked. Last season at 850 LP in Platinum, we swapped with the other decent guild and I got in over 2000 fights. This season, we are back at 975 LP and getting blasted again.

There is simply way too much movement in the Diamond League which creates all of these bad match-ups. There needs to be a wall/gate at 900 LP that stops your guild and then above that the movement is much slower. The LP rewards in Diamond shouldn't be more than +/- 20, 15, 10 and 5. This would keep the guilds matched up against others that have the same capabilities.

No guild that has 1000 LP should be falling all the way to 825 in one shot. No guild that has 825 should be going all the way to 1000. This is what is creating the lack of balance that a lot of people on this thread are talking about.

Tony 85 the Generous

I am in a "noob" guild that doesn't have the treasury to build siege camps, but we have active players. A few months ago, we won our Platinum league at about 850 LP and gained 175 LP, taking us all the way to 1000 LP (!!!???!!!???)

We were then pitted against the big guilds that destroyed us and we couldn't get out of the 4th row. We have been going back and forth between Diamond and Platinum since. Two seasons ago at 975 LP in Diamond, I didn't fight a single battle with more than one siege camp. It sucked. Last season at 850 LP in Platinum, we swapped with the other decent guild and I got in over 2000 fights. This season, we are back at 975 LP and getting blasted again.

There is simply way too much movement in the Diamond League which creates all of these bad match-ups. There needs to be a wall/gate at 900 LP that stops your guild and then above that the movement is much slower. The LP rewards in Diamond shouldn't be more than +/- 20, 15, 10 and 5. This would keep the guilds matched up against others that have the same capabilities.

No guild that has 1000 LP should be falling all the way to 825 in one shot. No guild that has 825 should be going all the way to 1000. This is what is creating the lack of balance that a lot of people on this thread are talking about.
Thank you.

In addition to points change you suggest, the ranges for each league need to be larger as well.

Nice2HaveU

Some can say, enjoy the challenge.
Some can say, unbalanced.

Per season, either enjoy the challenge or feel unbalanced depending on the guilds participate. Nothing changes!!

Archimedeez

Fighting against someone who is 2 to 10 times your size is a challenge.

Fighting someone who is 100 to 1000 times bigger than you is not a challenge. It is a bully situation. For some reason, Forge creates these bully situations in a couple of places. It's non-competitive and not what most people are looking for. I'm sure there are a few people who enjoy the bully situation. Tbh, these people need therapy more than they need to be spending all their time in an online game picking on people 100 times smaller than them.

There are many good, wholesome reasons to play online games: comradery, teamwork, strategy, working towards a goal, being able to manage your own destiny, having a real challenge, etc. Being able to bully people 100 to 1000 times smaller than you is not a good reason to be online and it is not the way Inno should be managing the gameplay. Keep in mind, this thread was started by a player who was complaining of non-competitiveness from being pitted against guilds that were all too small and incapable, not because he couldn't handle a challenge.

There are obvious ways to improver the competitiveness of GBG and make it an actual challenge for almost everyone. I have given an easy way to do it in my previous post. There are other ways that have been suggested.

Nice2HaveU

To keep it balanced, GBG should perform like cultural settlements. No benefits from great buildings/friends tavern/inventory boost items. Every guild should start from level 0 to get their army created to gain sectors. Is it balanced now, even now players who spend diamonds will have upper hand.
If this goes like this, everyone does not have fun playing GBG.

Having strong competitor means it is just part of the game. But game gives a way for us to become strong competitor and didn't stop it anytime like increase our attack GBs and so on.

One scenario, Even in the game of tennis, top seed player start the tournament with non rank players to get the final stage. Non rank players cannot ask the association like give only non ranked players to compete.

Only possibility, improvising (attacking strength) ourselves and suggest the same to our guild members.

CaptainKirk1234

Having strong competitor means it is just part of the game. But game gives a way for us to become strong competitor and didn't stop it anytime like increase our attack GBs and so on.

Only possibility, improvising (attacking strength) ourselves and suggest the same to our guild members.
Like life

Archimedeez

Algona: Who is belittling who? Nice2HaveU responded to my post by insinuating that some of us don't like a challenge. I responded that we do want a challenge, why are you defending the bully scenario? We are trying to have a discussion about improving the game and making it an actual challenge with fair game play.

Going back and forth every other season between the 850 LP guilds that build palaces and traps (lol), and the 1000 LP guilds that checkerboard the map and don't let you get out of your starting block is not competitive game play. It is not a challenge. There has got to be a better way.

Our guild should be playing in the 925 - 950 range, so we can play against guilds that are at our competitive level. The GBG mechanics make this impossible because there is too much movement. Only 1 in 8 guilds at the 925 level gets the +25 result that we want and only 1 in 8 guilds at the 950 level gets the equally coveted -25 result. Everyone else is pushed into these non-competitive situations that have been thoroughly described.

Our guild, like others, loses good GBG players to the bigger guilds, and for what? So they can log in, check the gbg thread for which provinces to prime, get their free FPs and logout. Then check back later. We know how this works. The only people with the challenge and the competitive games are the people running the grid. Everyone else either gets a bunch of free FPs, if they are on the big guilds, or does practically nothing if they are on the other 5 or 6.

Btw Algona, if you throw a rock into a flock of sheep and one of them says baah, you know which one you hit.

Archimedeez

Captain Kirk: It sounded like you are saying that the game being non-competitive is like life, so deal with it. That is like saying your broke down car is like walking, so deal with it.

The entire reason we invented cars is so we could go a lot faster than walking.

The entire reason we invented and play games is so they will be competitive for all participants, not like life, which is very unfair for many people.

CaptainKirk1234

Algona: Who is belittling who? Nice2HaveU responded to my post by insinuating that some of us don't like a challenge. I responded that we do want a challenge, why are you defending the bully scenario? We are trying to have a discussion about improving the game and making it an actual challenge with fair game play.

Going back and forth every other season between the 850 LP guilds that build palaces and traps (lol), and the 1000 LP guilds that checkerboard the map and don't let you get out of your starting block is not competitive game play. It is not a challenge. There has got to be a better way.

Our guild should be playing in the 925 - 950 range, so we can play against guilds that are at our competitive level. The GBG mechanics make this impossible because there is too much movement. Only 1 in 8 guilds at the 925 level gets the +25 result that we want and only 1 in 8 guilds at the 950 level gets the equally coveted -25 result. Everyone else is pushed into these non-competitive situations that have been thoroughly described.

Our guild, like others, loses good GBG players to the bigger guilds, and for what? So they can log in, check the gbg thread for which provinces to prime, get their free FPs and logout. Then check back later. We know how this works. The only people with the challenge and the competitive games are the people running the grid. Everyone else either gets a bunch of free FPs, if they are on the big guilds, or does practically nothing if they are on the other 5 or 6.

Btw Algona, if you throw a rock into a flock of sheep and one of them says baah, you know which one you hit.
I am sorry sir, but I have to say, my guild is at 1,000LP and there lowest member is 300K and the highest member is 50M, its not a ton, but our guild works hard though and is loyal, by that degree we are able to perform well. You said that all the good players go to the good guilds, well even in bad GBG seasons we have players 50M and above join our guild for a season and help run things and oversee, Not just logging on to get free fp and logging off, similiarly we have our own members that go and oversee other guilds for a season.

Algona

Algona: Who is belittling who?

I haven't a clue what you are asking about. My post to you was about you belittling a what, not a who.

As the rest of your post except the end has nothing to do with what I quoted you about, I see no reason to reply to it. If you want my opinion on that, ask. Or feel free to go back 18 months and read my posts scattered across the multiple threads on GBG.

But since you addressed this

to me, I'll make two comments specifically to this quote.

Your parable is demonstrably false. Unless you're the shepherd or the sheepdog (neither of which is likely to throws rocks at their flock) identifying one baahing sheep in a flock will be quite difficult. Further since sheep bah for other reasons, if multiple sheep baah at the time your rock lands in the herd, you won't be able to tell which sheep you hit. Unless you see which sheep gets hit by the rock, in which case you don't need to hear the sheep baah to know you hit it. Or you don't hit a sheep and the sheep baahed because of the noise. In addition, if you did hit a sheep, possibly the sheep does not baah because, among many other reasons a sheep may not baah, you may have killed it.

Which brings me to my second point, promulgating animal cruelty on top of belittling bullying strikes me as ineffective techniques to support a position on why to change a feature in a game.

Flavius Belisarius

Captain Kirk: It sounded like you are saying that the game being non-competitive is like life, so deal with it. That is like saying your broke down car is like walking, so deal with it.

The entire reason we invented and play games is so they will be competitive for all participants, not like life, which is very unfair for many people.
So buy a new car. Spend money to be more competitive or develop a strategy to make yourself (selves) more competitive.
Buy INNO and make your car better.

DeletedUser

Sorry , like in life where those participation awards are worthless once you get out into the real world so is the free ride in Stone Age. The game does not adjust to your thinking , your thinking adjusts to the game unless you are the one that coded the game. This is not the case so what Capt Kirk said stands even if it doesn't agree with your entitled attitude.