• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Shy Pete

Based on the league points system it does not take years to start a city and make it diamond league. Without paying real world money it can be done in less than 8 months. I started a city and a guild to prove just this is possible. All a guilds needs is to be able to place P1 or P2 for 7 seasons. This gets the guild to diamond league. Because of the league points system, it does not mean the guild will be competitive and/or able to stay in diamond league.
You're very right Tony... I started a guild in over 1.5 years ago and about two months ago we got into the diamond league for the first time (we didn't get many 1st places like you did, just a lot of #2 & #3 spots). We had no illusions that we were going to triumph in diamond and saw that just getting there was a huge accomplishment for a junior guild. What I didn't like was getting threats from guilds that if we didn't participate in their checkerboard scheme they (meaning multiple guilds) would bury us so we wouldn't even get to play for rewards (and they did). That bothered me. Do what you have to do, but don't threaten or repeatedly taunt guilds that are just trying to have fun. Collusion (not alliances) between guilds defeats the GBG concept in my mind. What's happening now is an exploit, but I do not blame anyone for doing it. I play in another guild that follows these cooperative rules and I have enjoyed up to 300 battles and the rewards each day.

Also, I haven't heard much discussion on the treasury disparities amongst guilds. I know in GE the more members you have and the more advanced the age, the bigger the cost to your treasury to open up each level. We wouldn't mind playing along with the checkerboard scheme, but like two or three siege camps built and our treasury is toast for at least the next two rounds. It was too easy to get to diamond so I see both sides of the argument here... the top guilds shouldn't have to worry about junior guilds. What I wish they'd concentrate on erasing are those guilds with only 2 high score players that are probably the same person.

Ebeondi Asi

Treasury disparity is your choice to fill or not to fill. (Problem is too many players think someone else should be the person to fill the Treasury to play hard on GbG.)
Many top Guilds require level 80 Arc (with many members with Arc over 100 , some over 130+ adding to Treasury every day , level 60+77+ Observatories, many top Guild mandatory to level up Observatory, Some ask for Atom if can do it, then there are players with sky high CF who donate thousands of Goods every day. My personal calculation every high functioning Guild member should be adding 2300 Goods per day to their Guild Treasury at a minimum to be really pulling their own weight. Top players are adding 5000+ to the Treasury every day
Top Guilds may at times be using more than two million Goods per season of GbG. All of those Goods added to the Treasury by the member's GBs or donations. that is how they have the Goods. No one hands them the Goods. The players generate the Goods.

Guilds that are straining have too many members who think someone else should be picking up the tab in cost of Goods to play GbG and even GE for little Guilds. (IF you join a Guild and complain they cannot open GE? did you pay your fair share in the cost?) they pay it because you owe it Or do you think the Guild owes them? (Sadly even a lot of long time players think someone else should be carrying them, Thus so many who do not have a high level Obs, or level it to 10 and think they are all good. When in fact they are dragging down the Guild 's ability to play GbG well. I have been in Guilds where the constant refrain of need Treasury Goods. but players balk at leveling Obs.(They cannot seem to see a high level Obs helps themselves as much as the Guild.)

(The cost of GE Goods to open levels 2 3 4 is minuscule, but some small Guilds seem unable to even pony up those Goods) )

Klaaa

For me 10 days is too long, usually the outcome already decide within first couple hours. We have not yet experience true free for all in any GbG maps, one thing maybe they can do is still keep 10 days, first 5 days random same way as it is, then the last 5 days grouping guild together that has similar VPs on each league map..i think that would add much more balance and more fun to the game.

85gt

I also think a part of the game that requires you to be on every 4 hrs is asking too much, way too much

Ace-

Okay, if you will permit me, let’s set aside the ad hominem arguments (you’re a bad person so your ideas don’t count) such as you are a whiner, you are too lazy, you don’t understand the game, you have a bad guild, your leaders are weak, etc. Let’s also set aside the obvious, though valid, argument from those who benefit the most that the current system is just fine.

We are trying enjoy the game like everyone else. We are fine with the strongest diamond guilds continuing to play GBG as they do. But let them play against other guilds with comparable strength. We aren’t trying to change the game so we can beat you or get the same rewards with little effort. Not all guilds have the same level of intensity and they shouldn’t expect the same results.

We just want Inno to stop forcing lesser guilds into unplayable, let alone un-winnable, situations week after week. If that is just the way GBG is, then so be it, but many of us will lose interest or already have.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Okay, if you will permit me, let’s set aside the ad hominem arguments (you’re a bad person so your ideas don’t count) such as you are a whiner, you are too lazy, you don’t understand the game, you have a bad guild, your leaders are weak, etc. Let’s also set aside the obvious, though valid, argument from those who benefit the most that the current system is just fine.

We are trying enjoy the game like everyone else. We are fine with the strongest diamond guilds continuing to play GBG as they do. But let them play against other guilds with comparable strength. We aren’t trying to change the game so we can beat you or get the same rewards with little effort. Not all guilds have the same level of intensity and they shouldn’t expect the same results.

We just want Inno to stop forcing lesser guilds into unplayable, let alone un-winnable, situations week after week. If that is just the way GBG is, then so be it, but many of us will lose interest or already have.

The only way to do this would be to not give VP to below 1st and second place. Don't forget that you rise to the top slowly but surely with even a 25% participation in GbG because the bottom 4 are usually non participants. This forces all participating guilds to eventually square off and only giving VP to 1st and second place would stop this except for the most active two guides in the season. Do away with VP for 3rd and 4th and you will see this "fair" system you are wanting within 2-4 months.

Agent327

That is really a terrible argument.

In your hood you do not play against players with comparable strength. In GvG you do not play against Guilds with comparable strength. In GE you do not play against Guilds with comparable strength. Nowhere in the game you face oponents with comparable strength, so in GBG you should? Why? Cause that is where the big profit is?

Ace-

In your hood you do not play against players with comparable strength. In GvG you do not play against Guilds with comparable strength. In GE you do not play against Guilds with comparable strength. Nowhere in the game you face oponents with comparable strength, so in GBG you should? Why? Cause that is where the big profit is?

We obviously disagree. It’s a game. I wish you the best.

Yugi the 7empest

I think Agent is correct in his statement. GBG should not have to be played among equally skilled guilds. However, I think one can make an argument that there should be some parameters set on who gets matched up with whom. Comporable strength? No. But somewhere in the same zip code? Yes. I think what we are seeing is grossly mismatched maps with top GBG guilds paired up with very weak guilds. Currently, there is not a good system in place that can recognize this imbalance and pair up the map accordingly. You can't use guild rankings due to GVG being used as a factor in rankings and the majority of players not having access to GVG on mobile apps.

I think that's what this thread is all about, finding balance between "only guilds of comporable strengths" being matched up together and "David vs. Goliath" match ups in which Goliath always wins. There should be something in the middle of these two extremes that would satisfy most players who find the current system a joke. But just my .02

Sharmon the Impaler

He is trying to do exactly what his is saying he wants done away with. If all seasons were completely matched up then it would be a farming community everywhere and GbG would have no chance of being competitive from that point on. He is not looking for a better GbG just a way to make more rewards with less effort. It is like a hockey season stopping at the quarter finals and then giving all 12 teams the Stanley cup (rewards)

Ebeondi Asi

The way many look at this is through a lens where Guilds are a solid never changing entities, wherein players seem to be serfs owned by their Guild forever. But in fact anyone can change Guilds, and move up to better functioning Guilds at anytime (with the understanding that the person asking to move up have the capability to function at a higher level demanded by the new Guild)
So many of the complaints in this thread are Guild based. even though the actual players can migrate to a better Guild that does do well in GbG.
So I say most of the complaints throughout this entire thread are just completely wrongheaded, mainly because of this centering on weak Guilds, instead of focusing on the fact weak Guilds should be abandoned by strong players who can move to strong Guilds and do well in GbG.
More like a Pro sports teams farm teams, where newer players learn how to play better, and those who are ready for big time play just move to the Majors. instead of expecting their farm team to battle at Pro levels.

So in my view, this whole complaining about GbG is wrong. Nothing wrong with GbG Instead it is the way players are looking at their Guilds that is the wrong part.

Johnny B. Goode

The way many look at this is through a lens where Guilds are a solid never changing entities, wherein players seem to be serfs owned by their Guild forever. But in fact anyone can change Guilds, and move up to better functioning Guilds at anytime (with the understanding that the person asking to move up have the capability to function at a higher level demanded by the new Guild)
So many of the complaints in this thread are Guild based. even though the actual players can migrate to a better Guild that does do well in GbG.
So I say most of the complaints throughout this entire thread are just completely wrongheaded, mainly because of this centering on weak Guilds, instead of focusing on the fact weak Guilds should be abandoned by strong players who can move to strong Guilds and do well in GbG.
More like a Pro sports teams farm teams, where newer players learn how to play better, and those who are ready for big time play just move to the Majors. instead of expecting their farm team to battle at Pro levels.

So in my view, this whole complaining about GbG is wrong. Nothing wrong with GbG Instead it is the way players are looking at their Guilds that is the wrong part.
The only conceivable response to this is: LOL. This whole post is "wrongheaded". :rolleyes:

Tony 85 the Generous

This is an interesting twist on what you have said dozens of times. Though the math I have stated previously has not changed (there are not enough places in the few diamond leagues for those that would want to do as you said), your additional statement leads to two additional conclusions. Based on your statement you concur that new guilds will never, can never, be competitive in diamond league. secondly, your statement also supports the conclusion that the design (the league point basis) is inherienty flawed.

This is not about making it easy to win GBG, but to have even chance, the ability to compete, the ability to go toe-to-toe or head-to-head with the other guilds in GBG. This is about not being pinned into one or two sectors and struggling to do anything except take one sector every four hours. Putting an alliances and the ability to implement the two-tier softlock strategy would be a good start.

Ebeondi Asi

Greed makes many people miss the point of the argument. lol
Miss the point???
The basic game is all about greed. Foe started with attacking all you neighbors and stealing anything not nailed down LOL.
The rest of it all just kind of grew up around taking what you can grab. Being polite enough to not steal from your Guildmates is an add on. wanting other to 'care' about you. "Oh please do not plunder the H out of me' is no different than "Please let my weak useless Guild get goodies too" Just something to laugh at. just like people post the hate PMs they get from people they plundered.
If you are not strong enough to win. then no one should expect to be handed the prize. That is the game. If you want the sing Kumbaya all day and share everything equally. You are playing the wrong game !!!!!!!