• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

NWWolverine

Exactly. Help the weaker guilds get involved with a trump card. We're currently fighting against the #1 guild and it's #2 puppet. They have all the other guilds penned up in their base camp and as soon as the timer resets, they just swap ownership. Let's go nuclear! I have more radical ideas coming. Just have to stew a little more....running low on gas right now (Give a s##t)

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

Radical ideas will never get used. thy are not going to just dump the way it is now and go with some other totally diferent thing. . We need ideas that are evolutionary. and will not cause thousands of players to go insane LOL
But knock yourself out.

Tony 85 the Generous

An idea that was put forward and ignored would be 100% attrition free all sectors touching home sector. and half attrition (free no SC needed for the first 50% , traps do not work Fortress does not affect in touching Guild home sectors nor in one away sectors
Fortresses and traps have little effect on diamond league guilds.

As you allude, the problem with being locked into your home base is that every hit on the surrounding sector is 1:1 attrition. While I don't necessarily agree with 0 attrition for hits on the adjacent sectors, some help would be nice.

NWWolverine

Radical ideas will never get used. thy are not going to just dump the way it is now and go with some other totally diferent thing. . We need ideas that are evolutionary. and will not cause thousands of players to go insane LOL
But knock yourself out.
If change would make thousands of players insane, then maybe the tens of thousands that are already going insane would be cured and participate more. Who knows? I don't expect them to listen to my ideas any more than they pay attention to the 2 happy guilds and the 5 miserable guilds playing in our GbG right now. As I said, I'm just venting and adding to an already beat to death thread. ..

LoveNkind

I would like to draw Inno's attention to a problem they probably do not know about because it only affects a few players in the top few dozen guilds per world. Most guilds can play GBG whenever they want. I have no problem in my Iron Age guild. But in my main account, I am in a first-page Diamond League guild. At the top of Diamond League, play is so fast that guilds reach the center in about 20 minutes. Within an hour all the squares of the first 3 rings have been captured. This takes days in lower leagues. I find the intensity of the race very exciting, and it is one of my favorite parts of the game.
After the initial rush, we often have trouble finding any square to play in, not only that day, but for the rest of the season. This sharply reduces our ability to play the game (we are intense players, not 15 minutes a day players). Maybe that is good for our real life, but I expect Inno wants to make it as easy as possible to play.
A couple of suggestions:
1. Add a ring to Diamond League maps. Maybe two
2. Reduce the guilds in diamond leagues to five per map.
3. Reduce the lockdown time.

Inno is wonderfully smart and can think of improvements without help. It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

DevaCat

I’m going to pass on commenting on the ideas of the op, just want to point out that if you want to get Inno’s attention this is not the place. They don’t read anything here - your only chance is to post in an existing thread labeled “Feedback” where your ideas have a chance of being collected with others and passed on to people at Inno.

If you just want to discuss gbg problems there’s a thread with > 1100 posts about it - just scroll down! No real need to start another one:)

..Boudica..

It's no use complaining. Save your breath and time and use it to increase your city's A/D boost, rally your guild and get on it. GbG is as accessible as you make it. It's anybody's map. On day one this week we didn't have a single sector in the morning but by evening we were dominating. Then the guild we compete w most is King of the Hill. The next day it's a whole different map. That's the nature of GbG.

Sure, we're DL but every single member puts GbG time in, every one of us. That's what you need for Guild Battleground-- guildies that want to fight. If you're not in a GbG-centric guild and you want to compete, find a diff guild. It's simple, really.

obytt

I have lost hope in Inno making GBG balanced. It`s the same old crap every time. How they figure 11-member guild is even to a guild with 2 to 8 times more members in it! It's not even logical. Whatever they are doing is not working. Rarely do we get to take more than 1 to 3 sectors. I just play it to get the rewards.
I hope they can balance it someday!

Darkest.Knight

If u can't compete try a bit harder, don't expect success to be handed to u. Look at the top fighters, it's really easy to copy their build; spend some cash and play more, but plz stop the whining.

..Boudica..

When I logged on Day 1, nearly entire map was the right color. The forum was buzzing, folks having several conversations at once.

When I logged in Day 2 there was a solo member asking who else was there? He and I slogged through a race, we maintained a small lead but by the end my guys are all banged up and my attrition has joined the Mile High club. Then 3 more marked sectors pop- our colors are far and few -so here I am, negotiating like an old yardsale pro while my units heal (I only hit Heal All once by mistake) more folks start jumping on but there's not much more I can do until recal. I negotiated myself out of Robots and Marbles bc I used a bunch yesterday to pick up trades for my old guild (of course they needed em, the market's dead for them, I see. Great.) Now my coffee's cold to boot so I bail for a bit, make another cuppa but when I return- ouch -the Battleground still looks incredibly hopeless. I start making trades to resurrect the empty shelves so I can hop back in while I'm waiting for a round of tanks to cook; I see a few pleasantly hued patches and there are three sectors being worked at once, so I look for the one that needs the most help and join in the fray--

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

You shouldn't expect the game to be designed (in all features) so that a 11 member guild can be competitive in all aspects. Grow your guild with people who want to play (and 11 members who have the time and desire to do GBG can beat a larger guild that doesn't put in the effort).

The Lady Redneck

I have lost hope in Inno making GBG balanced. It`s the same old crap every time
I cannot understand why people STILL keep going on about all the problems in GBG. The only difference between all the problems in GBG and all the problems in GvG is INNO did finally step up and admit they could do nothing about it so it was getting left as is. Eventually they will step up and say there is nothing they can do with the problems in GBG and it also will be left as is. They may pretty it up again by giving another map with different tile configuration. but basically nothing else will change.

Sharmon the Impaler

I cannot understand why people STILL keep going on about all the problems in GBG. The only difference between all the problems in GBG and all the problems in GvG is INNO did finally step up and admit they could do nothing about it so it was getting left as is. Eventually they will step up and say there is nothing they can do with the problems in GBG and it also will be left as is. They may pretty it up again by giving another map with different tile configuration. but basically nothing else will change.
Nothing done ? They changed the map sizes , reduced the number of building slots to almost nothing on the outer rings. Made Sky high attrition a common occurrence now. This in turn forces more cooperation between guilds that normally would not cooperate. What more would you like done to it ?

The Lady Redneck

Nothing done ? They changed the map sizes , reduced the number of building slots to almost nothing on the outer rings. Made Sky high attrition a common occurrence now. This in turn forces more cooperation between guilds that normally would not cooperate. What more would you like done to it ?
But none of that addresses the underlying issues. It WAS supposed to be an attempt to give those on the mobile platform a battle scenario in the game. But even with the changes you noted it (as you say) forces more co-operation between guilds so the can still farm. Any pretense at fighting has all but gone. Even as a farming addition each change they make just add to the drudgery. So why not just accept it as is and get on with it?

Jackshat

Exactly. Help the weaker guilds get involved with a trump card. We're currently fighting against the #1 guild and it's #2 puppet. They have all the other guilds penned up in their base camp and as soon as the timer resets, they just swap ownership. Let's go nuclear! I have more radical ideas coming. Just have to stew a little more....running low on gas right now (Give a s##t)

Are the radical ideas you're talking about related to how players problem-solve to address the problem IN-GAME, or through Inno intervention?

If the former, I hope you're in East Nagach! Look me up and we'll exchange! If the latter, no thanks.

Thinking way outside the status quo to overcome the dominance of those mighty Krakens, makes staying in FoE worthwhile!

Whiners...Farmville beckons. Diabolical anti-farmers...let's chat!

Last edited:
I have lost hope in Inno making GBG balanced. It`s the same old crap every time. How they figure 11-member guild is even to a guild with 2 to 8 times more members in it! It's not even logical. Whatever they are doing is not working. Rarely do we get to take more than 1 to 3 sectors. I just play it to get the rewards.
I hope they can balance it someday!

i.m not sure that they are expecting an 11=member guild to compete successfully with, say, a 61-member guild. im guessing that they expect you to go out and recruit a bunch more people and then try to compete.

What would you suggest ? 8 diamond leagues segregated every 10 members added ?

I was simply implying that the logic was flawed. Their 11 person guild has a hard time competing against a much larger guild not because the system is flawed but because their guild is too small. That isn’t something inno needs to fix that’s something their guild needs to fix by becoming bigger and/or better.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I was simply implying that the logic was flawed. Their 11 person guild has a hard time competing against a much larger guild not because the system is flawed but because their guild is too small. That isn’t something inno needs to fix that’s something their guild needs to fix by becoming bigger and/or better.
If that was the real reason then there would be no single player guilds in platinum or diamond league.