• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When does the fun actually start coming out of the game.

• Thread starter DeletedUser40546
  • Start date

Is this Overkill

• Total voters

DeletedUser40546

All I can say is wow I'm not even sure how many Colossus kits are in front of me right now but all I know is it's a large dollar amount

DeletedUser40061

i dont know what to say except wow. so many collossus bldgs. only 2 cities i have it and not even fully built, only showing its legs:( well done bro, very well done

i am on tuulech i think it's called. started 4 days ago. dropped into a dead neighborhood. no one even collects their tavern silver. i joined a dead guild by mistake but now i went to a different guild, hopefully less dead. you could loot here i don't care. so far unhelpful forum players are unhelpful. i can't even unlock legionaires because no one trades. so i guess you could loot me, i can't put up much of a fight. also can't get any further in the forge bowl. this game objectively sucks.

yes well, turns out bronze warriors are heavy troops and iron soldiers are light troops. whoops. i got spanked. have archers unlocked, could try em. but slingers never won a single battle so idk. are they supposed to run away on their turn?

The Lady Redneck

who in their right mind designs a game where you literally have to sit around hoping someone will trade or visit your tavern
game is old and dead now, doesn't work. clash of clans is better

So the main problem with this game is that you cannot sit around doing nothing whilst hoping other players hand it all to you on a plate? You have not looked into actually PLAYING the game then?,

FoE has been growing and evolving as a game for about 7 years. It was not built around the Tavern which is a newer addition to a game that requires the player to actually explore all the game has to offer. Then to use his/her own powers of logic,, reason and a good amount of patience to found an city that will be strong enough and productive enough to support his troops in whichever. or all of the 3 different battle scenarios that are possible. There are a lot of dead guilds. They are dead because they are full of people who thought this was some sort of cross between Mario and Candy Crush, When they realised they would actually have to think things out for themselves it was to much for them. If you made the mistake of joining one, then dump it and look for a guild that is not on auto join and where the players range from SAM down to IA. Read the guild description, then send in an application form stating why you would like to join that guild and what you hope to get out of the game. If this is all to much for you by all means go play something else.

DeletedUser

yes well, turns out bronze warriors are heavy troops and iron soldiers are light troops. whoops. i got spanked. have archers unlocked, could try em. but slingers never won a single battle so idk. are they supposed to run away on their turn?
Iron Age Archers are much better than Bronze Age Slingers. Archers will wipe up the field with any heavy units. You don't want to use them against Ballistae or Stone Throwers, but they work well against every other Bronze/Iron Age units.

So the main problem with this game is that you cannot sit around doing nothing whilst hoping other players hand it all to you on a plate? You have not looked into actually PLAYING the game then?,

FoE has been growing and evolving as a game for about 7 years. It was not built around the Tavern which is a newer addition to a game that requires the player to actually explore all the game has to offer. Then to use his/her own powers of logic,, reason and a good amount of patience to found an city that will be strong enough and productive enough to support his troops in whichever. or all of the 3 different battle scenarios that are possible. There are a lot of dead guilds. They are dead because they are full of people who thought this was some sort of cross between Mario and Candy Crush, When they realised they would actually have to think things out for themselves it was to much for them. If you made the mistake of joining one, then dump it and look for a guild that is not on auto join and where the players range from SAM down to IA. Read the guild description, then send in an application form stating why you would like to join that guild and what you hope to get out of the game. If this is all to much for you by all means go play something else.
whatever, chump. trading is still required, and lots of it. take your condescension and shove it.. wherever you like.

i see this community is as toxic as the next, if not more so. in the 5 days i've been playing, i visited hundreds of taverns. i'm running 2 of each goods building that i have bonuses for, and i was running non bonus buildings but was condescendingly told that's not good. pun not intended. i'm doing my part and then some. being stuck waiting for no one to trade is just not fun. new guild helps greatly. and as usual, non helpful forum jerks are non helpful.

DeletedUser

whatever, chump. trading is still required, and lots of it. take your condescension and shove it.. wherever you like.
Trading is actually not required at all. I have a successful Iron Age city right now that produces all the goods I need. Obtain the BluePrints for the Tower of Babel and the Lighthouse of Alexandria, both of these Great Buildings produce current age goods once a day. If you're in a guild, you can also battle the Guild Expedition encounters instead of negotiating, and that will give you a net gain of goods, both current and previous age. In order to battle effectively, obtain the BPs for the Statue of Zeus, build it and level it up to give your attacking troops an attack boost.

By the way, it is rather hypocritical of you to complain about the Forum being toxic right after posting this gem. :rolleyes:

well excuse me for not knowing about the tower of babel, the lighthouse of alexandria and the temple of zeus. also for not knowing how to get the blueprints for them. i have a couple of each already. been playing for 5 days here. i still say this community is toxic . all i get is snark from older players.

Last edited by a moderator: