• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When, if ever, do you delete SOKs or SSW?

DeletedUser29623

Maybe some people never delete them, but I’m curious if anyone does. I am starting to replace my CA SSWs with Industrial Era ones because I get a pretty steady supply of the things and once they’re an age or two below my current age they aren’t that useful in filling the recurring quest for coins. I don’t want to fill my city up with the things. SOKs I don’t pursue much, but I can see finding the EMA ones annoyingly low-paying once I get my second city to Colonial. Or maybe this is sacrilege? Do you spend one-up and reno kits on them?

DeletedUser3882

As always, to each their own, but yes, reno or one-up gives you more ranking points and more coins.

Salsuero

I can see finding the EMA ones annoyingly low-paying

The thing is... "most" people probably don't think twice about the coin output of these particular buildings. Yes, they are useful for recurring quests where the "collect X amount of coins" quest is concerned, but I doubt "most" people build SOKs (or SSWs) for the coin output, and I don't think "most" find a low output to be particularly annoying because the forge point is always the same value. But I can see folks wanting it to perform better just because it can perform better. That's what Reno Kits and One-Up Kits are for, though... serving to alleviate such annoyances from your game.

I suppose you would delete them when you no longer need (or more to the point concern yourself with) the forge points they provide. Some people have reached a point where they don't care about that anymore and I have seen towns evolve beyond them. Are you at a point where you no longer need, want, or care about forge point acquisition? If so... it might be totally acceptable for you to delete unneeded/unwanted buildings, even those highly coveted by most others players.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

I've never 'deleted' one, but I've put them back into inventory before when I've needed the space. Because of their larger size, SSWs tend to go back into inventory more often than SoKs.

Like you, I also need them to have a healthy coin production. Since I don't have any goods buildings or barracks, my population needs are low so I don't have a lot of houses. Before I had enough SoKs and SSWs, I would have to carry a ton of extra population because I needed all the extra houses to keep my coin level high enough.

I do use One-Up and Reno Kits with them, my general rule of thumb is every other age. In my LMA city, the ones age locked to LMA are a mixture of those I've acquired in LMA and the EMA ones I reno'd when I first arrived. I've left the ones age-locked to HMA alone for now, they'll get reno'd as soon as I arrive in CA and I'll leave everything age locked to LMA alone, until I hit Indy.

DeletedUser29726

I've started deleting them on my main world. Once you have hundreds of FP a day coming from your GB collections they're significantly less precious. Intent is to eventually phase them all out as i find stuff i want to replace them with - primarily attack boost. But bigger aid eaters that are as space efficient have caused me to toss some too :)

SSWs on the other hand get the hatchet anytime they're not convenient on all my worlds. Not worth a SB, I'll win more if i want them back at some point.

qaccy

I've deleted somewhere around 60-70 of them in my time playing, mostly SoKs. They're what was available first, and SSWs were still relatively new when I took all those SoKs away. It was ultimately due to poor planning on my part that they ended up being deleted, as I replaced them with buildings like the Oasis since I started to have a need for goods that were slowly trickling away. However, these days SoKs have finally received decent alternatives and if I could do it all again or do it differently, I would have cashed in on things like set buildings and these newer 'combo production' buildings instead. SoKs just seem so...lacking now compared to what's been coming out over the past year!

DeletedUser27889

I know someone who deleted dozens of SoKs because he ran out of available aids to keep them motivated, hence no longer producing the FP. This was before the self aid kits though.

I have never deleted either myself but I could see replacing the SSW with SoKs or,
There's a building in the summer event that's the same size as a ssw and is a multi production building whose 24HR output in a FP. Which would essentially be a ssw that can do double duty and doesn't need to be motivated but is susceptible to plunder

I believe I do have a couple of SSWs in inventory I simply don't have room for.

DeletedUser27184

I had not deleted one SoK, TF or SSW so far, and as much as I would be able to, I wont. Most of my city is filled with FP buildings, but there is always place for more.

Agent327

You start deleting them once moving them to your inventory does not make sense anymore. I have 23 SSW in my inventory. No way I will be able to place them all, so when I remove one from my city I might as well delete it.

Mustapha00

I know someone who deleted dozens of SoKs because he ran out of available aids to keep them motivated, hence no longer producing the FP. This was before the self aid kits though.

I have never deleted either myself but I could see replacing the SSW with SoKs or,
There's a building in the summer event that's the same size as a ssw and is a multi production building whose 24HR output in a FP. Which would essentially be a ssw that can do double duty and doesn't need to be motivated but is susceptible to plunder

I believe I do have a couple of SSWs in inventory I simply don't have room for.

That is the only circumstance in which I could see myself deleting them.

IngeJones

I am considering deleting some SoK now, because in OF I am chronically short of goods but SoK gets prioritised for motivating so that sometimes my special buildings that produce goods get left unmotivated. Obviously I don't have good enough friends, cos in theory I have enough in total to get my whole town motivated daily.

DeletedUser11463

I am considering deleting some SoK now, because in OF I am chronically short of goods but SoK gets prioritised for motivating so that sometimes my special buildings that produce goods get left unmotivated. Obviously I don't have good enough friends, cos in theory I have enough in total to get my whole town motivated daily.
Or use the bazillion self motivator kits. I've got 60+ on one world and over 100 on another. Mass motivation kits are good too when you have 4 or 5 buildings you want to collect from that are unmotivated.

IngeJones

Well I have self-motivator kits but even with 60 saved up they'd still soon go if every day you have buildings you'd like motivated that are not being motivated. What I really wish we had were deco objects with an option to not be polishable. I'd love to decorate my town, but I daren't because people waste their Aid on them.

DeletedUser33636

Sounds like it’s time to delete friends and add new ones. I probably delete friends every few weeks.