• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] When to take Arc past 80

Ralthor121

Hello!

I am trying to determine when to take my arc passed 80 and wanted to get others’ takes on how to think about going passed 80. I know it depends on game style, so a few facts:

I am currently in Indy, and have: Arc(80), HS(32-in process of power leveling), ToR(10), HC(10), SC(10), Traz(15), CoA(11), SoZ(11), Obs(10), CDM(60), CF(55), CC(66). I am a bit of a jack of all trades strategically and both fight and negotiate; I use RQs for goods, fight through GE4, and in GBG I negotiate after I cannot fight anymore. I also put up a fair number of FPS in my guild’s 1.9x thread and do occasionally snipe but not all the time. I plunder infrequently because I can never seem to get more than coins/supplies :).

My thinking is that next GB on the FP train is an inno (and it would be tight but I think I have the happiness to hyper level already), Comparing to Inno, taking my arc to 90 would roughly be ~14k fp, which I think works out to: if I contributed 4K fp to the 1.9x thread, I would profit 40fp daily, which would roughly equal the break even of a power leveled inno (~350 days). 4K feels like a lot, but I definitely have done that amount before in a day depending on how quickly people flip their GBs. In order to do it comfortably, I would have to keep a few thousand more fp inventory than I do today-not sure how to factor that in. I might have access to a 1.91x thread if I get there too, but it is not guaranteed and I am not sure it would make a huge difference.

I am also thinking about maybe power leveling the HC next. It is a bit less fp efficient than Inno, but could help me get away with having an under leveled Traz for longer, and the extra supplies would allow me to do a few more RQs.

What do you think? Should I go for the arc 90? Go on the fp snowball train and build an inno? Do HC next? Or do something else entirely?

BruteForceAttack

CDM-11 -- + 1% attack
TA - 10
Zues/CoA to At least 61
Use the winning from GE/GbG/HC to Level HC

The above is good, if your guild does some gbg farming. You can easily win 100 fps or more if you can do more gbg.

Ralthor121

CDM-11 -- + 1% attack
TA - 10
Zues/CoA to At least 61
Use the winning from GE/GbG/HC to Level HC

The above is good, if your guild does some gbg farming. You can easily win 100 fps or more if you can do more gbg.

We are not to the farming point and can’t build siege towers at will (although we are growing and can now build them more frequently which is exciting). I also get to level 50 or so attrition as it is, and I know fighting is essential but that will cost 25k+ fp, and I don’t think I would get that much farther than level 50 attrition (maybe 60?). Probably not far enough to get the additional FPs I wld need relative to the other options

Of course there are other benefits to fighting, like more ranking points, not sure if could finish all of GE fighting if I age up, etc.

BruteForceAttack

We are not to the farming point and can’t build siege towers at will (although we are growing and can now build them more frequently which is exciting). I also get to level 50 or so attrition as it is, and I know fighting is essential but that will cost 25k+ fp, and I don’t think I would get that much farther than level 50 attrition (maybe 60?). Probably not far enough to get the additional FPs I wld need relative to the other options

Of course there are other benefits to fighting, like more ranking points, not sure if could finish all of GE fighting if I age up, etc.

Then I'd probably go with inno tower + Hagia + Traz, with the extra income work on HC and then SC. After that I'd probably go for arc. On the side keep increasing your attack.

Inno and Hagia are cheap to level and will increase your daily income without doing anything fancy.

Increasing your arc past 80 really only does 1 thing: lets you profit off every 1.9 donation, thus moving more FP into storage. Even at a level 93 arc, with the amount of action in my guild, I make about 50 FP per day in profit.

Jes JoeKing

Increasing your arc past 80 really only does 1 thing: lets you profit off every 1.9 donation, thus moving more FP into storage. Even at a level 93 arc, with the amount of action in my guild, I make about 50 FP per day in profit.

Actually what you said is only partly true but you are not thinking of another avenue of FP revenue your Arc past 80 also benefits. For one, Sniping your hoodies. I go through my hood twice daily and snipe positions on GB's and I pay less than 1.9. In most cases I am paying less than 1.8 on positions to make it worth the investment. Additionally there are a lot of guilds whom don't have 1.9 threads for their GB's, some only have 1.8 or 1.85 due to their players are smaller and are in lower ages. When I started this game I was lucky to get a 1.75 investment on my GB's. I use to get 1.7 plus x amount of goods from my top two investors on my Arc. The game has changed since then and so has the investment increase to 1.9. I know a guild in particular that gives BE for the top two spots on any attack GB posted. A higher Arc has many benefits and you just need to determine individually when is the best time to invest the FP for your own situation.

Falconwing

I got my Arc to 80 last year or so and left it there. I have way too many other GB needs than to shoot for that 0.1% per level. All of my other GB's will be in the 60's before I go back to the Arc, even my Obs.

Farfle the smelly

I’m still a baby but if I had a (near) level 80 arc I would be sniping my face off, all day every day. Seriously, that’s a major income booster that shouldn’t be ignored.