• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When will the Halloween event start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser29623

i realize it hasn’t been announced yet, but is there an approximate usual date?

DeletedUser31592

It is a 15 day quest line. I would imagine it ending the first week of November so October 16-23 would be my guess of when it hits.

They tend to favor mid-week for events. Every event this year has started on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. So, 17-19 is probably the best bet, but the 24th wouldn't surprise me, either.

This year, a lot of the Historical Questlines have started on Mondays, but no events. So a Monday wouldn't be terribly shocking.

DeletedUser31592

I went and looked up the last few years.
2016- Oct 20 - Nov 3 (Thurs)
2015- Oct 26 - Nov 10 (Mon)
2014- Oct 22 - Nov 5 (Weds)
2013- Oct 24 - Nov 3 (Thurs)
2012- Oct 25 - Nov 4 (Thurs)

I'm going to amend my guess. Too early. 19th, 23rd, or 24th is my prediction. (Technically I suppose I narrowed my guess.)

DeletedUser29623

GE today, incidents tomorrow and Halloween quest the day after. They’re keeping me interested!

DeletedUser30665

Any chance at all they will revisit the Quest requirements? I see the "Research A Technology" requirement and have to miss an event! I am not interested in advancing to a new Era and I am left with that option if I complete the Quest. Maybe I have been lucky that lately they have at least given us options when a task requires advancing. Does whining and crying help? I am really disappointed, the Fall event was so crappy to me (in terms of luck) that I almost quit trying. Maybe I need a 12 step program instead.... aaaaaaghhhhh!!!!

Freshmeboy

Sorry Twitch...one of the trade offs in the game is advancement for free event goodies. There are options to your play style but not the quests it seems this time around. INNO has granted us some reprieve these last few go-arounds with quest options but apparently the free ride is over on Halloween...you must make the choice so often mentioned here.."Is the prize worth changing my city or adapting my playing style.." Good luck..

DeletedUser26154

the Fall event was so crappy to me

I was vocal in my displeasure of the Fall Event's Prize Table.
The Fall Event was good if you wanted a mix of good items.
I like Events where I can plan what I'm going to win in advance, then I do so.
The Summer Event was much better.

The Events never hurt progress; That's just a myth spread for what ever reasons.
How can an Event hurt your progress?
You do the same stuff in Events as you do otherwise.
This "Forced Tech" stuff affects less than 1% of the population.

30c5dcfa8363313783979e615ff7d52adad6380282f53b6cd649c3b4e606d22f.jpg

But I guess that's good enough for a handful of people to harp on how bad Inno is.

DeletedUser30665

Fall event had some things I really wanted, and plenty of info was out there about when they would pop up. My frustration with that event was my own pure bad luck! I think I "bought" with my apples about 100 of the same blueprint! I just couldn't get the apple gods on my side. My frustration with this event is with me! I left myself one tech to research in my current age and now I have to pay the price! I was just hoping that some good old-fashioned whining would let me get my way! I will have to see what mood I am in on that day and who knows, I may just advance to the next era and give up all my dreams of world domination for a bigger graveyard prize that gives even more happiness, an asset even less valuable than Blueprints! But that dang "Dark Tower" has a hold on me, and seems to be calling my name and peering right into my soul... Where the hell is Gandalf when I need him!

DeletedUser26120

I think they have been doing great in giving us alternatives to scout/research/conquer map but I don't think we can expect them every single time.

The point of the game is to advance and Inno doesn't want players in any one single age for too long.

Not saying that's the way it should be but that's the way it is and there's not much use complaining about it if you are going to camp ages. At some point you'll be forced to choose between that or a good event building.

Additionally we need to move this discussion over to Halloween feedback thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.