• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aurora Jolene

I have only been playing a few days and am in the bronze age. That being said I can't figure out where all my citizens went? I uploaded a screenshot of the city so you can see. I've played around with it and closed and reopened the game and it hasn't changed! Please help.

Attachments

• 20191220_213656.jpg
    20191220_213656.jpg
    935.7 KB · Views: 13

Super Catanian

Did you turn animations off?
If you look just south of the Vineyard, you'll see a woman walking, so it's not that.

To the OP,
Production, Military, and Goods Buildings require population, which is provided by your Residential Buildings. If you tap on that number of population, it will also show you how much actually live in your city. They're still there, but you might have too many people working to be able to build something new.

Aurora Jolene

If you look just south of the Vineyard, you'll see a woman walking, so it's not that.

To the OP,
Production, Military, and Goods Buildings require population, which is provided by your Residential Buildings. If you tap on that number of population, it will also show you how much actually live in your city. They're still there, but you might have too many people working to be able to build something new.

Well I didn't have any goods or production going and it was still the same. But idk about military I do have that going but idk how many people it takes

DeletedUser8428

Well I didn't have any goods or production going and it was still the same. But idk about military I do have that going but idk how many people it takes
No, you've missed it.

Let's say you have an empty city. You build 6 stilt houses (each provides 22 people) and now you have 132 people. You build a fruit farm (50 people) and 2 potteries (41 people each). You have now gainfully employed 132 of your 132 people. Your population count will be 0 = it shows the number of people available who are not tied to a production or goods building. Building residences gives you population available and building other types of buildings reduces available population. In my example above, you would not be able to build any more buildings - you have 0 population available.

Part of the challenge of this game is having to juggle the balance of available population with needing to build production/goods buildings. You can't build the producers without population to support them.

Good luck!

Aurora Jolene

No, you've missed it.

Let's say you have an empty city. You build 6 stilt houses (each provides 22 people) and now you have 132 people. You build a fruit farm (50 people) and 2 potteries (41 people each). You have now gainfully employed 132 of your 132 people. Your population count will be 0 = it shows the number of people available who are not tied to a production or goods building. Building residences gives you population available and building other types of buildings reduces available population. In my example above, you would not be able to build any more buildings - you have 0 population available.

Part of the challenge of this game is having to juggle the balance of available population with needing to build production/goods buildings. You can't build the producers without population to support them.

Good luck!

Oh okay! I get it thanks! I didn't realize that it tied them to it but makes since thanks!

Super Catanian

Just to add on to what was already mentioned, those Buildings still take up population even if you have no production cycles currently active.

DeletedUser

It doesn't matter if you have them going, it only matters if you have them built. As soon as you lay the foundation for a production/goods/military building, the necessary number for that building is subtracted from your total population number for as long as that building stays in your city.