• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Where did the movie theater go?

Victoria and Albert

Two of us in my guild have lost our movie theater. There was no warning. Was there a finite number of ads we could watch and they've run out of other games to try and sell me?
Anyone else have this problem?

I liked it, will miss it. With the theater and treasure hunt gone, I hope more Incidents will appear [at least more rare ones anyway].
Here's a thought: it advertised other mobile games, could be possible Inno may have gotten jealous of the competition?!?

DeletedUser27889

I didn't even know it made it's way to live, I thought once it was abandoned on beta that was the end of it.

Outsider ads can cause a host of issues that Inno cannot control. While you can simply not click the video no one on beta was able to tell if simply loading the game would load the ad and be enough for any spyware or issues to come from it. Inno themselves in ToS shielded themselves from any liability. Most their thought it would be fine if, like it used to be, you would click a link to an outside source and watch the video from there, this way it only loads if you choose it to and this way nothing 'extra' got loaded with the game when you loaded it.

Also ads in a game can bend the will of the developers. Are they doing X for the players and the game or are they doing it to appeal to their advertisers?

Here is the original feedback thread from beta https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/feedback-new-feature-show-hall.8793/ where you can read some of the concerns raised with this feature.

I believe it's better for the game as a whole that this is not a part of it.

DeletedUser31592

^ Only mobile players got it. Maybe even mobile-only. I play both (mobile during week days, PC the remainder) and I didn't get it.