Where did the movie theater go?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Victoria and Albert, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Victoria and Albert

Victoria and Albert Active Member

Two of us in my guild have lost our movie theater. There was no warning. Was there a finite number of ads we could watch and they've run out of other games to try and sell me?
    Anyone else have this problem?

2. Nicholas the Freelancer

Nicholas the Freelancer Member

Mine's gone as well.

Victoria and Albert likes this.
  3. commanderstinkfoot

commanderstinkfoot Active Member

Mine was there this morning. I hope they didn't remove it, I was looking forward to an afternoon showing!

4. Pythagoras 1290 The Dire

Pythagoras 1290 The Dire Active Member

Mine is gone as well, watched the last showing a few hours ago. I do hope they bring it back.

5. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

It was a test that has been removed.

6. Ognor the Hood

Ognor the Hood Active Member

Not sure why

I think players both new and old liked it and I’m sure inno got a little something too ... makes no sense that they got rid of it

7. bobhurd

bobhurd New Member

I miss the Movie theater. It was a nice source for 2 free FPs each day if you waited 24 hours before watching another ad. Another source for FPs gone... :-(

8. zedzedm99

zedzedm99 New Member

I liked it, will miss it. With the theater and treasure hunt gone, I hope more Incidents will appear [at least more rare ones anyway].
    Here's a thought: it advertised other mobile games, could be possible Inno may have gotten jealous of the competition?!?

9. amiar

amiar Active Member

I turned it off as soon as I saw it in my city. I will not miss that thing.

10. Snowbelle

Snowbelle Staff Lead Forum Moderator

This feature was in a trial test.

11. Nicholas the Freelancer

Nicholas the Freelancer Member

I push the button, I get cheese.
    Now, no more button.
    This is why lab rats have stress.
    Gimme my cheese!

12. arenisca

arenisca New Member

13. Manda the first

Manda the first Well-Known Member

I didn't even know it made it's way to live, I thought once it was abandoned on beta that was the end of it.

Outsider ads can cause a host of issues that Inno cannot control. While you can simply not click the video no one on beta was able to tell if simply loading the game would load the ad and be enough for any spyware or issues to come from it. Inno themselves in ToS shielded themselves from any liability. Most their thought it would be fine if, like it used to be, you would click a link to an outside source and watch the video from there, this way it only loads if you choose it to and this way nothing 'extra' got loaded with the game when you loaded it.

Also ads in a game can bend the will of the developers. Are they doing X for the players and the game or are they doing it to appeal to their advertisers?

Here is the original feedback thread from beta https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/feedback-new-feature-show-hall.8793/ where you can read some of the concerns raised with this feature.

I believe it's better for the game as a whole that this is not a part of it.

14. JCera

JCera Well-Known Member

^ Only mobile players got it. Maybe even mobile-only. I play both (mobile during week days, PC the remainder) and I didn't get it.