• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Which age is the best?

Ebeondi Asi

Progressive was the best early Age of all the first half for fighting. It was great.
My next favorite is my current Era SAM
I was going to stay in Future, but was prodded into moving up. and glad I did. Yes AF and OF are hard. So what.

Darkest.Knight

Since I've steadily improved as I advanced I like my current age most, SAV. At this pt I have nothing to complain about, I make an excess of everything except medal, I'm producing 300M plus coin/day, 1560 fps/day, and I'm able to do over 90 battleground fights/day. Since I'm concentrating on my GB's I'm able to do a fight or 2 more/day per cycle and my rank is still advancing, rank 215. In general the game became more entertaining after wading thru the oh so slow oceanic future.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Personally I like Iron and Future best. Progressive and VF were next best in my opinion, though I've never played in any of the space ages, so can't comment about those.

Johnny B. Goode

I liked most ages up to Future except for EMA. Tomorrow kinda grew on me, as it is right after Contemporary and suffered by comparison at first. I detest ages AF to SAM. SAM is as far as I've gone with my oldest city. I don't plan on taking any other city beyond Future unless something major changes. I frequently have to resist the urge to delete my SAM city and start over on that world. So far the fact that I've had that city for 7 years keeps me from pulling the plug, and the fact that I have over 120 WWs/FoYs in it. My ranking of Bronze to Future ages:
1. Future
2. Contemporary
3. Tomorrow. This one actually surprises me.
4. Industrial
5. Colonial
6. PostModern
7. LMA
8. Iron
9. Progressive
10. HMA
11. Bronze
12. Modern
13. EMA
Most relevant factor in my rankings is military considerations. In pretty much every other game facet, there is very little differentiation between these ages. The main reasons I detest the ages above Future is the military and "special" goods. The units jump the shark, to borrow a term from TV, and the special goods just add a complication without any accompanying enjoyment. Just making the game harder for the sake of being harder ruins the appeal of those higher ages.

Just An Observer

EMA works wonders when a player uses Iron Giant style as the way to play GBG in this era. Trebs rock the house even when the A/D numbers are in the 350's.

Lord Pest

If I could go back to an age it would be AF. I do a lot of GBG fighting and in AF using 2 battle fortresses and 6 rogues gave me the highest attrition level I’ve been able to reach 119. It was easy to auto fight into the mid 90s. I’m in SAM now and even though my offensive stats are a lot higher I’ve never come close to equaling what I could do in AF. I liked Future age and OF. I don’t understand why players don’t like both AF and OF. If you are set up well both are fun and easy. VF is easy too. VF will give you the most expansion squares you are likely to get in an age.

tigerkitkat

Since I've steadily improved as I advanced I like my current age most, SAV. At this pt I have nothing to complain about, I make an excess of everything except medal, I'm producing 300M plus coin/day, 1560 fps/day, and I'm able to do over 90 battleground fights/day. Since I'm concentrating on my GB's I'm able to do a fight or 2 more/day per cycle and my rank is still advancing, rank 215. In general the game became more entertaining after wading thru the oh so slow oceanic future.
Can you collect more FPs at a time as you move up the ages?

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Can you collect more FPs at a time as you move up the ages?
No. The only way to collect much more than the 100 limit on the FP bar is to use the 5 Diamond collect button. And even then you have to use it when your FP bar is at 99 or less. No matter how many FP you produce in your city, you can't collect when your bar is over 100. (There is an exception if you have purchased the Forge Plus option, but right now not everyone has that available.)

Just An Observer

what is iron giant style?
Iron Giant is an approach where the player stays in Iron Age. You then build up to have an effective Artillery 8-unit army and use it to good effect in GBG. One guild in C-world that is a Big Dog saw their top scorer be a player who took this approach.

What you miss by staying in Iron Age: The AD. I found the Iron Giant approach brought to EMA worked even better as well as giving a player access to the AD. My best score of 7600 in GBG was done with the EMA Iron Giant approach with this being in a deep Big Dog guild. Play in one where there are not as many good players to see the score go higher.

The technique for Fighting is very fast autobattle. Do not replace units until at least 2 spots are open.

Hope this helps!

tigerkitkat

No. The only way to collect much more than the 100 limit on the FP bar is to use the 5 Diamond collect button. And even then you have to use it when your FP bar is at 99 or less. No matter how many FP you produce in your city, you can't collect when your bar is over 100. (There is an exception if you have purchased the Forge Plus option, but right now not everyone has that available.)
OK