• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Which eras are my buildings?

DeletedUser31023

Since the recent UI change, the era of many production buildings is not displayed. It's no longer listed at the top. How do I know what era my special event/GE production buildings are?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

Since the recent UI change, the era of many production buildings is not displayed. It's no longer listed at the top. How do I know what era my special event/GE production buildings are?
I'm just going to guess you're talking about Mobile? Because on Browser it's still showing for me;

building age - Copy.PNG

DeletedUser31592

It is all mobile apps, I believe. Both my iPhone and Kindle Fire updated this week, and you can no longer see it on either. The only solution I can think of is to pull up a chart to compare medals/supplies/coins to figure out which era it is in or set a goods production and pay attention to what comes out when you click it. Definitely annoying. I hope they fix it.

The other temporary solution I thought of can be trickier- ask a friend or guild mate to click on it and tell you. But when you have multiples of the same building (like I have 4 bazaars), this will get confusing.

Jools1956

I’m on mobile IPhone. I can click on building and it shows era. If building is in production you must wait until it’s not. Don’t know about android.

DeletedUser26965

It is all mobile apps, I believe. Both my iPhone and Kindle Fire updated this week, and you can no longer see it on either. The only solution I can think of is to pull up a chart to compare medals/supplies/coins to figure out which era it is in or set a goods production and pay attention to what comes out when you click it. Definitely annoying. I hope they fix it.

The other temporary solution I thought of can be trickier- ask a friend or guild mate to click on it and tell you. But when you have multiples of the same building (like I have 4 bazaars), this will get confusing.
Well, you could try to find a PC and do it too but yeah I just checked my mobile (android phone) and opened a building (Cider Mill) and don't see an age indicated either but I rarely ever do play mobile so I can't even say if there was an indication before so I'll just take your word for it there was. You could always file a ticket with support as well and see if they say anything.

DeletedUser31499

In EMA using an iPad. My SOK, Pavillion, Clapboard houses all show the Age. My cidermill doesn’t.
My town hall and decorative items show the Age. Production buildings do not show the Age.

DeletedUser26965

Just checked some more buildings too. It seems with buildings in which you can cancel the production; Luau, Cider Mill, goods buildings etc. it does not have an Age/Era description but if you tap on something that auto produces after collection; SoK, Lord's Manor etc. it shows you the info box with time counter and age/era info as well. Was it always this way?

DeletedUser31592

Just checked some more buildings too. It seems with buildings in which you can cancel the production; Luau, Cider Mill, goods buildings etc. it does not have an Age/Era description but if you tap on something that auto produces after collection; SoK, Lord's Manor etc. it shows you the info box with time counter and age/era info as well. Was it always this way?
No. Before you saw them all like you are seeing your SoKs, Oasis, Tribal Squares, etc...

DeletedUser31592

Well, you could try to find a PC and do it too but yeah I just checked my mobile (android phone) and opened a building (Cider Mill) and don't see an age indicated either but I rarely ever do play mobile so I can't even say if there was an indication before so I'll just take your word for it there was. You could always file a ticket with support as well and see if they say anything.

It makes my computer crash. I know many other players have the same issue.
I did download Opera, and it helped, but I am so used to the mobile version after 2.5 years, that the desktop version drives me crazy. My guild doesn't do GvG, so no need to be on a computer.

DeletedUser26965

No. Before you saw them all like you are seeing your SoKs, Oasis, Tribal Squares, etc...
But when you tap a SoK it shows you an info box, you can't cancel it. When you tap on Cider Mill now it opens the window to set/cancel a production. So are you saying before it showed you how long you had left on that production from cider mill or any other building you could cancel a production in? How did you cancel the production? Did it have a cancel button below the timer or something?

It makes my computer crash. I know many other players have the same issue.
That's odd, I know of only one other player who has ever said that his computer crashes and he apparently even works in the pc field:confused:, boggles my mind. This game has been running for over 5 years on Browser, exclusively so the first couple years with 100's of thousands of players playing it just fine. I've been playing daily for over a year exclusively on Chrome on PC and never had a PC crash playing this game, rarely a shockwave crash.

DeletedUser31592

But when you tap a SoK it shows you an info box, you can't cancel it. When you tap on Cider Mill now it opens the window to set/cancel a production. So are you saying before it showed you how long you had left on that production from cider mill or any other building you could cancel a production in? How did you cancel the production? Did it have a cancel button below the timer or something?

That's odd, I know of only one other player who has ever said that his computer crashes and he apparently even works in the pc field:confused:, boggles my mind. This game has been running for over 5 years on Browser, exclusively so the first couple years with 100's of thousands of players playing it just fine. I've been playing daily for over a year exclusively on Chrome on PC and never had a PC crash playing this game, rarely a shockwave crash.

Before, it did not open the production menu. It worked more like the online version. It showed like the SoK does now, but there was a cancel production button underneath.

As for the crashing- this is where things get really strange. If I log on with my laptop and use Firefox or Chrome, it will crash. Repeatedly. If I use the same laptop, log onto my work remotely, then I can play using Firefox and Chrome without it crashing. Same laptop, same internet speed. I guess by logging on virtually, it must expand the RAM or something. I don't know. I'm surface-level tech savvy. The actual stuff IN the computers baffles me.

DeletedUser26965

Before, it did not open the production menu. It worked more like the online version. It showed like the SoK does now, but there was a cancel production button underneath.

As for the crashing- this is where things get really strange. If I log on with my laptop and use Firefox or Chrome, it will crash. Repeatedly. If I use the same laptop, log onto my work remotely, then I can play using Firefox and Chrome without it crashing. Same laptop, same internet speed. I guess by logging on virtually, it must expand the RAM or something. I don't know. I'm surface-level tech savvy. The actual stuff IN the computers baffles me.
Ah, okay, so it seems then now they should add the age/era to the production window menu title of these type buildings.

And if I'm not mistaken if you're remotely using another PC then the resources required for the game would be applied to the remotely used computer and only the resources needed for you to see that and control the mouse actions etc. would you need your resources for so to me that makes sense, perhaps you just don't have the RAM/CPU power to run the game and maybe try when they switch to HTML5 and see if that makes any difference or just get a better laptop or build a PC.

DeletedUser29623

F667063B-87BA-4FBD-82A4-BF59BEF06A25.jpeg Here’s an example, using a special production building. You can’t tell what age it is until/if it produces goods.

This is true regardless of whether the building is producing at the moment.