• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Which GB first?

Brew J B

I just started the EMA. I have the Oracle of Delphi & Zeus built. I have all the bp's for the Colosseum, Hagia Sophia, and Tower of Babel. Does it matter which order I build them?

Triopoly Champion

If you need more city space, consider build Tower of Babel first.

Cathedral of Aachen and Castel del Monte will be the 2 most important GBs to build during the EMA and HMA gameplays.

The Arc is a bit trickier, you'll need to collect the complete set of blueprints first, then buy goods using fps from a higher era player.

P C C

Don't build Colosseum or Norte Dame

I'd try and build Light House and or St Marks next followed by COA
Does St Mark's provide much value to a beginning city? I never needed coins and wasn't short on goods. It would allow more Fnord quests so maybe I missed out on more than I realized but it's 6x6 which is large for an early city. I can see it being particularly useful in combination with a (high level) Chateau Frontenac.

wolfhoundtoo

Depends on how you've structured your city. I found the St. Marks useful when I began my cities but now with all of the various types of event building boosts i'm not sure that it's necessary early on.

As for which great building you want to build next my question back to the OP is what are you plans for your city? While I do fall into the group that thinks the Collessum or the Notre Dame isn't worth much it really depends on what you need to develop your city. If you don't want many supply buildings in your city the Notre Dame might have a use (to be clear I'm not recommending it :)) but it really depends on what your next goals are for your city.

The Hagia is big but gives happiness and forge points which is useful for most early (and later cities forge point wise anyway). The Babel can provide some population but I never found it worth it just for the population but the goods is makes is decent for the footprint.

Do you participate in GE or GBG? If so how do you do that (fighting, negotiation or both)? To get decent advice we really need an understanding of your city and what's on next on your to do list for your game.

martingus

I just started the EMA. I have the Oracle of Delphi & Zeus built. I have all the bp's for the Colosseum, Hagia Sophia, and Tower of Babel. Does it matter which order I build them?
Did you do any special action to get all the bp's for 4 GBs?
I am in HMA and have no GB complete (except Oracle of Delphi). I have 125 blueprints, distributed over 17 different buildings.

I do polish/motivate friends & guild members (almost) daily. I don't switch guild to polish more.

BruteForceAttack

I am in HMA and have no GB complete (except Oracle of Delphi). I have 125 blueprints, distributed over 17 different buildings.

I do polish/motivate friends & guild members (almost) daily. I don't switch guild to polish more.

M/P to get bps is really old school other than guild hoping part.. Best way to get bps is to donate fps to the gb for which you want the bps, work with the owner and try and secure at least 5th spot.

wolfhoundtoo

If you are in a good guild then they should be willing to help you get blueprints that you need. 4th or 5th might be only 1 blueprint but frequently you can get it for 1 forge point if guild members are willing to work with you.

CherryButterfly

Keep in mind when you are mo-ing and po-ing that whatever Age the building is that you are aiding is the Age that you will win a BP from, if you win one. So, if you are aiding an EMA building, you might win an EMA BP, but will NOT win a BP from any other Age GB.
Sorry for all the initials, but I think you can figure it out.
So, if you are looking for certain BPs, make sure when you are aiding, you aid buildings from the Age GB you want to win BPs for. This requires actually visiting the cities to Aid, so you can choose the building you Aid. If you just hit the Aid button, there is no way to choose.
Hope this helps.

I joined an incredibly active guild 3 weeks ago, and my BPs of every kind have practically exploded. I have full BPs for buildings I had none for before, in that time. And that's by taking only 4th or 5th spot on their GBs during swaps and 1.9 threads.

Get yourself a supportive guild that concentrates on building its members up. That might take a few hit-or-misses, but it's worth the effort.

I would build the Babel first of those 3. Later on, other buildings beat it for population, but for right now, in early eras, I love the population and goods it gives me while I level it up. With Babel and a few Lord's Manors, I've been able to get rid of all my houses in HMA and still have population for other stuff that might come down the pike.

Last edited:

martingus

That is helpful; i thought the BPs are always random. For MO/PO & for GB contribution. I should focus more indeed on what i need.

And i have indeed BPs of buildings of later ages. Which i understand now from above comments. But still weird. That someone can have a GB of an era that he hasn't reached. An EMA castle as town hall, surrounded by Cape Canavaral, other Future and Virtual Future and Oceanic Future in one map; just seems just too odd. I didn't find other discussion on this, but i can't imagine no-one has comments on that. Anyway, i don't want to open that discussion in this thread. If you know of another thread with this discussion you may let me know though.

Mustapha00

Frankly, I would not build any of those. There are better alternatives out there to each of them.

"Friends don't let friends build Colosseum". Period.

Babel does have the appeal of having a small footprint for a GB. The goods production is okay, made somewhat better by the fact that it cannot be plundered. Population, or, at least, the gaining of it, isn't the problem it once was, as most Event buildings bring tons of new inhabitants to your city.

Of the three, the Hagia Sophia makes the best case to be built. Some, but not all, of those Event reward buildings have boosts to Happiness more-or-less equal to their boost to population. Some do not. Too many unemployed folks leads to an unhappy populace in general, with the loss of production that comes with it. HS does add to Happiness (although an Alcatraz is better for that and gives military units to boot). Better yet, it produces Forge Points every day, and the number of FPs produced increases as you level it up, and HS, being an early game GB, doesn't take all that many FP to level up. All I can tell you is that, if I built an HS in my city, I'm glad I have it but, if I didn't build it, I don't miss it. I hope that makes at least a little sense.

If you're looking for a building that produced Forge Points early in the game, I'd suggest Castel del Monte. It's smaller than a Hagia, but it does take slightly more FP to level. But it's other benefit is an ever-increasing boost to your army's Attack rating, which will come in handy in any number of circumstances: attacking Neighbors, Guild Expedition, Guild Battlegrounds, fighting on the Continent Map are among those circumstances. Even early on in the game, BPs shouldn't be hard to come by.

CherryButterfly

As for GBs of higher ages, you are able to build GBs from any Age, as long as you have the BPs and find someone to trade you the Goods needed. So, if you don't mind the differing looks, you can get the benefits of much higher Age GBs. Depending on what you want to do with your city, this can really help.
For example, if you have an Arc, you will multiply the number of BPs, Medals, and FPs you earn from contributing by a small percentage, depending on your Arc's level. So you will start to earn larger and larger amounts as your Arc's level raises, allowing you to afford more expansions and other things more quickly.

WendyEJ

I have repeat blue prints of Tower of Babel Can I trade them the ones I need At a loss and not sure what do or how to go about it

Kranyar the Mysterious

I have repeat blue prints of Tower of Babel Can I trade them the ones I need At a loss and not sure what do or how to go about it
You can, and for Babel it might not be a big deal since those prints are easy to get, but you will need the extra prints you get for other more desirable buildings when you level them above level 10. After level 10 you need a complete set of prints for each level.

Kranyar the Mysterious

On PC go into your inventory and into the great building tab. From there choose the great building, then select one or two prints and press the trade 2:1 button.

On Mobile, select the great building via the great building tab in the lower right, then do the same as above.

You trade 2 prints for 1 random one. Might not get the one you want, but you won't get the one or ones you traded (usually better to trade two to increase your odds).

Rugsteker

That is only trading with yourself.. I think Wendy was asking if its possible to trade BP's with other players.... I don't think it is.