• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Which GB should I build next?

DeletedUser27096

Hi all!

I have all BPs and most of the goods needed for Hagia Sophia, Colosseum and Notre Dame. I am also one BP away from Castel del Monte, St. Basil's and St. Mark's. I already have Zeus, Alexandria, Babel and Aachen. Which should I build next? I know a lot of folks don't like Colosseum and ND so which would you choose out of Hagia, CdM, St.B or St.M and why? Thanks in advance for your advice!

DeletedUser15042

Regardless of play style, Collosseum and ND are a 100% NO.

For the rest, St Marks is good for the Supply Boost and the goods, and most people build. The CDM is good if you fight or do GE, plus is good for the FP it gives. Hagia is nice if high leveled, but some people do not like it. I built it early on in one of my cities and it is level 10. I like it, but my older cities do not have it and I wont build it there. St Basils is not that great. Watch Fires are a much better use of space.
So for your Choices: St Marks then CDM then Hagia then St Basils.

DeletedUser27096

Regardless of play style, Collosseum and ND are a 100% NO.

For the rest, St Marks is good for the Supply Boost and the goods, and most people build. The CDM is good if you fight or do GE, plus is good for the FP it gives. Hagia is nice if high leveled, but some people do not like it. I built it early on in one of my cities and it is level 10. I like it, but my older cities do not have it and I wont build it there. St Basils is not that great. Watch Fires are a much better use of space.
So for your Choices: St Marks then CDM then Hagia then St Basils.
Awesome, thanks for the great advice!

DeletedUser25273

St Basil is more important if your guild tries to hold a lot of territory in GvG, as it provides support pool, which gives your GvG defensive armies their boost.

BruteForceAttack

You have to fight in this game if only to conquer your continent maps.
And the bona-fide giggle G.E.

Some folks don't like to fight or cant really fight, for them there is always option of negotiating. Yes it is goods heavy but if your city is fully of goods buildings and gbs, it is technically possible to advance in this game with just doing couple of fights in the tutorial.

DeletedUser26965

St. Mark's Basilica

With a lvl 3 I currently make 254,800 more coins a day just from my residential, not including other coin buildings. And 26 goods a day. An excellent choice that will serve you all the way through.

DeletedUser27096

You have to fight in this game if only to conquer your continent maps.
And the bona-fide giggle G.E.
I have mostly been negotiating on the continent maps bc it seems like the "ruler's" military is always an age ahead of mine. I keep my military up to date as I clear the tech tree but the continent map always uses the troops or artillery I haven't reached yet (currently the big one is cannons. They are at the very end of the tech tree so by the time I can build them, I'll be in Colonial Age and they'll again be obsolete.). How does one fight against troops from the next age? Because it takes so long for troops to heal, I've just resorted to negotiating instead. Any advice on a better way would be much appreciated. I also only negotiate in GE bc again, my troops never seem to be able to compete.

DeletedUser27096

Some folks don't like to fight or cant really fight, for them there is always option of negotiating. Yes it is goods heavy but if your city is fully of goods buildings and gbs, it is technically possible to advance in this game with just doing couple of fights in the tutorial.
Yep, that's me in a nutshell :D!

Mustapha00

Hi all!

I have all BPs and most of the goods needed for Hagia Sophia, Colosseum and Notre Dame. I am also one BP away from Castel del Monte, St. Basil's and St. Mark's. I already have Zeus, Alexandria, Babel and Aachen. Which should I build next? I know a lot of folks don't like Colosseum and ND so which would you choose out of Hagia, CdM, St.B or St.M and why? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Of the ones you have all the BPs for, the Hagia is the best choice but it is far from a "must have". Yes, the FPs are nice- you always want more than you have- but it is a massive building and the thing you never seem to have enough of besides FPs is space. I play in 4 worlds and did build it in 3 of them...but, in the one in which I didn't build it, I can't say I miss it.

Of the ones in which you are only one BP away, I'd go for the Castel del Monte first and St. Mark's second. CdM gives FPs and boosts your army when attacking (but NOT for city defense against other players). If you do GE, that boost comes in really handy (although you can use your Tavern silver there to buy a temporary boost...but I'd rather have both). Even a couple levels of a St. Mark's ends your coin woes (although I understand advanced players level it up even further so they can make enough coin to buy FPs- the price goes up with each purchase and it gets really expensive). I've not built a St. Basil's and none of the Guilds in which I am a member seem to emphasize it.

DeletedUser21322

Decide what your goals are for your city. Are you a farmer? Fighter? this will help give you direction as to what GB's are best for you. Or some players like dropping as many as they can.