• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Which GB's NOT to build and why?

Lancer

It depends on your perspective. I have a city in CE that has no regular residential or production buildings, so the little bit of supplies that a few of my GBs produce is not worthless to me. They provide what little I need in the way of supplies for recurring quests and tech. :)

Same here, I now only keep GBs that are important to my vision, event/special buildings, TFs, SoKs, and SSWs. Anything that helps boost your coin/supply production or helps boost your attack/defenses as well.

BTW, I didn't realize that this was an old thread until after I posted my reply and decided not to remove it.

*Arturis*

I have 30 gbs built so far
Not built gbs are
Colosseum
Gaea
Atomium
Lotus
Notre Dame
Observatory
Delphi
Space Needle
Voyager
Deal castle and St Basil too, but I got them in after having TA for 194-194 defense to deter 2/3 of the hood, for the upper 3rd, I just use shield if needed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12006

i am with you bro ,i have 39 0f 40 and 2 bps short of Oracle of Delphi

DeletedUser30312

I think Delphi is okay if you're doing a low age strategy since it's so easy to build and level up, and it has a usefully small footprint. And it's okay as a starter GB for newbies. Otherwise it's pretty weak.

My post on the front page is in some dire need of updating, maybe I'll finally finish working on it eventually. But my views on the GBs introduced after I posted it:

Kraken: Generally good for anyone, though it's somewhat combat focused.
Blue Galaxy: Build this only if you have a lot of buildings that make multiple FP. Originally it was best for people with lots of Terrace Farms or Indian Palace sets, but a player with a good collection of leveled up event buildings will probably find it beneficial. Also potentially useful for WW farms.
Terracotta Army: A must have, IMO. Boosting all attack and defense if useful even for someone who doesn't fight a lot.
Himeji Castle: Excellent for anyone fighting, but probably not useful for a pacifist city. You'll want to level the attack boosting buildings first though.
Virgo Project: Doesn't really activate enough times to make it worth it, except maybe for GE fights. Not enough uses for any serious GvG, and won't work in PvP. Battlegrounds might make it more useful, but we'll have to see how the meta develops.
Star Gazer: Good for people who do a lot of negotiating or trading. Probably good for people who farm goods for the guild. I think it makes refined goods (don't feel like checking right now), so it becomes more useful from PME onwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

ODragon

I think Delphi is okay if you're doing a low age strategy since it's so easy to build and level up, and it has a usefully small footprint. And it's okay as a starter GB for newbies. Otherwise it's pretty weak.

Agreed. If you are staying in Iron age, it does work out nicely as it is small, gives great happiness for that level and enough supplies to do one recurring quest.

Kraken: Generally good for anyone, though it's somewhat combat focused.

Well sized but so expensive, I found HS to be a better choice to speed through. I found the happiness it gave offset the inno population (also very cheap to level). Even at high level, the Kraken's secondary ability is meh.

Himeji Castle: Excellent for anyone fighting, but probably not useful for a pacifist city. You'll want to level the attack boosting buildings first though.

This is an interesting one, even for non-combat cities. It puts out more supplies than any other supply building by a fair amount. If you just do GE and the 5-9 battles a day, I can see it being worth it. It is probably a better space use than LoA or RaH. If I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn't have the LoA and it's so high at this point, I feel bad getting rid of it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29726

If you're going to be low age forever, Himeji as sole source of supplies works out great yes. If you're going to advance all the way to mars though, at some point Lighthouse will fit in well (2M supplies a day is chump change by VF) unless you plan to make your supplies via quests - and if nothing else Lighthouse is good for lazy goods so I wouldn't get rid of one you've already leveled. Royal Albert Hall is far more questionable because of its size but rather conveniently space doesn't really matter all that much anymore either.

ODragon

If you're going to be low age forever, Himeji as sole source of supplies works out great yes.

It's a matter of how fast one is moving from IA further. But still, you are right. L10 doesn't give as much as I thought (I'm at 60 so I was thinking of it like that but you're right, that's not a reasonable thought).

DeletedUser38613

Temple of Relics sort of sucks, unless you want a couple of dozen 2x2 Face of the Ancients and 10 or 12 Tribal Squares!
I know this is a super old ass post, but since the topic is still relevant, I thought I'd respond with an amendment.

Temple of Relic no longer sucks. in this FOE's day and age. With the addition of auction, if you have nothing else to give away in your satchel, that right there is the easiest thing to make coins off of. Won't be missed and it gives at least something. Which is better than nothing.

DeletedUser38613

It's a matter of how fast one is moving from IA further. But still, you are right. L10 doesn't give as much as I thought (I'm at 60 so I was thinking of it like that but you're right, that's not a reasonable thought).
seems pretty good to me. Especially if your a fighter. At what age does its become pointless?