• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Which world to spend diamonds in?

• Thread starter DeletedUser34910
  • Start date

DeletedUser34910

I just started a second world, and I'm curious how those of you who play in multiple worlds decide which world to spend your diamonds since they work across worlds. I only use mine for expansions.

I understand the benefit of having diamonds work across worlds if you have one main world, but I want the same advantages/disadvantages in both so I think it's going to be hard for me to decide where to spend them. For me, I wish they were kept separate (yes, I could keep track myself but blah!).

BTW, I do not buy diamonds so I can only earn them through game play.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

Guess it all depends on what you do in those worlds. The obvious answer will always be expansions. the last BP, travel. I'm still working on getting enough for the last expansion @1500 on my main, then VF is soon to be out most likely with 2 more at probably a higher cost. So, I'll be saving for that and events if needed.

DeletedUser34910

Guess it all depends on what you do in those worlds. The obvious answer will always be expansions. the last BP, travel. I'm still working on getting enough for the last expansion @1500 on my main, then VF is soon to be out most likely with 2 more at probably a higher cost. So, I'll be saving for that and events if needed.

Sorry, I meant how do you decide which WORLD to spend them in. I only use my diamonds for expansions. I have edited my original post.

wolfhoundtoo

Sorry, I meant how do you decide which WORLD to spend them in. I only use my diamonds for expansions. I have edited my original post.

If you don't have a 'main' world then you decide based on the needs of each world and what you do in each world. Many people will have different play styles in each (some are fighters in one world and some are traders for example). Figure out what your plans are for each world and how much space you'll need for what you want to do. Then you place the expansion in the world that most needs the space.

If you want to keep it simple buy expansions on the world where it's cheapest first.

Agent327

You just pick one world. There you spend your diamonds and nothing on the other.

DeletedUser26965

As I said it depends on what you want to do. I have a main world and alt worlds. I mainly use the alt worlds for Wishing Wells, if I run out of space then perhaps I'll use diamonds on those alt worlds for expansions. In the past though I've played and advanced in alt worlds so perhaps I may use some for that last BP or travel in that instance. If I'm going for WW's from an event on an alt world perhaps I'll use diamonds on them. But in the end most of my diamonds I have spent have been on my main.

Agent327

I already stated that's not my intention hehe, but thanks! :p

You ask how we spend our diamonds. I only spend them om one world to get to the top. Spend them on expensions on every world and you are mediocre everywhere.

DeletedUser34910

You ask how we spend our diamonds. I only spend them om one world to get to the top. Spend them on expensions on every world and you are mediocre everywhere.
Yeah I understand that view. Just hard bc I just want them separate..in my first world I think I started with 400 or 500 diamonds? And in this new one I didn't have that. However, that's not how it works and I accept that...but I don't think I'm at a point to choose a dominant world. I am parked in IA in my first world (started 2 months ago) and I built this new one to fill in the game gaps but I'm progressing faster as far as GBs, etc in the new one lol

DeletedUser26965

Yeah I understand that view. Just hard bc I just want them separate..in my first world I think I started with 400 or 500 diamonds? And in this new one I didn't have that. However, that's not how it works and I accept that...but I don't think I'm at a point to choose a dominant world. I am parked in IA in my first world (started 2 months ago) and I built this new one to fill in the game gaps but I'm progressing faster as far as GBs, etc in the new one lol
Well, that's the nice thing about it tough, you can try different Playstyle Variants of FoE and see what you like, then perhaps if you settle into one more than the other you'll be glad you have the diamonds from the other to use for it.

DeletedUser34910

Well, that's the nice thing about it tough, you can try different Playstyle Variants of FoE and see what you like, then perhaps if you settle into one more than the other you'll be glad you have the diamonds from the other to use for it.
I have read that and don't find that I'm a specific "play style" which I guess would be the Normy lol! I like plundering and GE so far, haven't tried GvG but I think it would be a good fit for me, too. I like to battle, don't really care which way I do it except I am bored by the 2 spear fighter defenses lol.

DeletedUser26965

haven't tried GvG
how dare you, GvG is the game as far as I'm concerned:) a tough never ending long struggle to the top but I also like being casual too so those two conflict really, or have the potential to anyway.

DeletedUser34910

how dare you, GvG is the game as far as I'm concerned:) a tough never ending long struggle to the top but I also like being casual too so those two conflict really, or have the potential to anyway.
Haha I am VERY interested in GvG but haven't had the chance. My guild doesn't do it (yet...?) but they really helped me get on track with GBs and battle strategy.

DeletedUser26965

Haha I am VERY interested in GvG but haven't had the chance. My guild doesn't do it (yet...?) but they really helped me get on track with GBs and battle strategy.
Yeah you have to set the tone early in the guilds life to be a GvG guild, if they're not doing that from the get go it's gonna be a struggle to ever change over because you end up with too many casual, solo player types who don't really care for what it takes for a guild to come together to accomplish glory in GvG. You don't necessarily need 50 fighters but it still really requires a guild mindset in all the members to do effectively over the long term.

DeletedUser32973

I just started a second world, and I'm curious how those of you who play in multiple worlds decide which world to spend your diamonds since they work across worlds. I only use mine for expansions.

I understand the benefit of having diamonds work across worlds if you have one main world, but I want the same advantages/disadvantages in both so I think it's going to be hard for me to decide where to spend them. For me, I wish they were kept separate (yes, I could keep track myself but blah!).

BTW, I do not buy diamonds so I can only earn them through game play.

Thanks!

It sounds like you should have created a different account for that different world. As far as I know you can have multiple accounts as long as they never share worlds. No account should have more than one main imo, and every account's main is where diamonds should be spent.

DeletedUser26965

You do love to promote your own threads don't you?

How is that considered if you look at forum purism?
Yep, no shame in self promotion.

Gaming Purism is a loose concept not well defined. An FoE without sharing diamonds I believe comes from the sense that a world should be in and of itself as help from other worlds is in essence cheating in a way, an easy button of sorts or however one would like to express it.

DeletedUser34910

It sounds like you should have created a different account for that different world. As far as I know you can have multiple accounts as long as they never share worlds. No account should have more than one main imo, and every account's main is where diamonds should be spent.

Oh I see that now. The #1 rule is titled "One account per player" but in the Example bullet points it says, "It is allowed to use multiple accounts to play Forge of Empires but never on the same world." So the title is misleading. Thanks!