• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Who here enjoys music?

DeletedUser

I've realized that I listen to a lot of music. Whether I'm doing some form of chores or working on a project, I usually have on my headphones as much as possible. I don't have a specific genre of music that I prefer, but I listen to anything that sounds good. So, one minute I can listen to Classic Rock and the next Hip Hop, or any other type. I also listen to my fair share of 80s and 90s music (probably more than others).

So everyone, what music do you listen to? Do you have any favorite genres or artists?

DeletedUser10076

I usually got some metal playing while im playing this game. Right now im really into Sabaton(new album tomorrow) and Hydra.
I love 90s and 80s (Foo Fighters, Creed, Journery, The Who, old-school limp biscuit(yes i know its not spelled that way i forget the "cool" way to do it)
I have little to no respect for the hippidy-hop

DeletedUser11463

Classic rock, classical, some contemporary stuff, no rap or hip-hop (mean & nasty lyrics aren't my thing). Zeppelin,Van Halen, Journey.

DeletedUser9624

♫♪ Anything from Merle Haggard to Ozzy Osbourne but no rap ♪♫

DeletedUser

I usually got some metal playing while im playing this game. Right now im really into Sabaton(new album tomorrow) and Hydra.
I love 90s and 80s (Foo Fighters, Creed, Journery, The Who, old-school limp biscuit(yes i know its not spelled that way i forget the "cool" way to do it)
I have little to no respect for the hippidy-hop
limp biscuit

Ew
I personally like a lot of different stuff. Modest Mouse, Spoon, Nirvana, etc etc. "hippidy hop" is fairly awful if all you listen to is the scum on the surface. The Death Grips were a pretty awesome underground hip-hop group.

DeletedUser13231

Favorite genres: Contemporary Christian and Christian Rock

Favorite artists:

Newsboys
Third Day
Mercy Me
Sanctus Real
Sidewalk Prophets
Mandisa
Chris Tomlin
Josh Wilson

I listen to Newsboys the most..especially their worship album. Awesome awesome!! They rock!

Favorite radio station: KLOVE

LeatherAndLace

DeletedUser1862

Right now I'm listening to the 'Country' genre on my Ipod. I can't fiddle with things right now, so I can't adjust my 'favorites' from what it was a long time ago. Most of the music I have is anime Opening/Ending/Inserts anime seems to cover all genres really and most of it is really good (and it's been getting better recently IMO).
I'm not really picky about what I'll listen to except rap. As someone I knew said 'songs are poetry put to music, rap is just bad poetry'.

Favorite genres: Contemporary Christian and Christian Rock.

I don't know what genres they work in, but I love Joy Williams (she did a concert at my home church) and Casting Crowns songs. Early LeAnn Rimes and Rascal Flatts songs and lots of Country music are easy to hear the Christian message in. Also, though they don't call themselves 'Christian', I haven't heard an Evanesence song yet that isn't easy to understand as Christian worship.

DeletedUser

I prefer Classical Music and Opera, but still love 50's-60's Rock & Roll, and Broadway Musicals. Favorite Artists are Placido Domingo, Alfie Boe, The Eagles, Everly BRothers.

DeletedUser

My musical tastes are pretty varied, mostly a little bit of everything.

I can't stand rap & hip hop though. I can tolerate it for about 3 minutes & then it starts giving me a headache.

A few specific kinds/artists I like are: Irish music (Pretty much all of it, but Darby O'Gill, Celtic Woman & Riverdance are my favorites), Il Volo (The way they sing O Sole Mio, mmm! And they're cute!), Garth Brooks, Roy Rogers (Yes people, I said Roy Rogers!), Journey, Bon Jovi, Queen, Smash Mouth, and Elvis. And many more.

Some songs: We Will Rock You, Rockin' Robin, Living On A Prayer, You Give Love A Bad Name, La Bamba, Tim Finnegan's Wake, You Raise Me Up, Viva Las Vegas, Tumbling Tumbleweeds, Friends in Low Places, All Star, Don't Stop Believing, O Sole Mio (Did I mention that one before?), and about a bazillion others I can't think of right now.

And anything I can dance to. I like to dance.

DeletedUser23123

I started with AC/DC. And will always live AC/DC. I have taste for Pink Floyd, Godsmack, Blackflag, Pantera, Ozzy and ZZ Top. Some guys at work called me Old Man Head Banger. Classic Blues is cool. Jimmy, BB King, Muddywater kind of stuff. I never really got in the Hair bands or Glamour Bands. Don't like Pop and can't stand Country or Rap

Queen53

This is a good thread. I can get new Ideas on other muic. My likes in music is very much a across the board. Rock; Evanesence, 30 seconds to Mars, Delerium, Adele, cassical music, some country, some hip hop, but not rap. My list would be long. If it is good then I will listen to it. I like to listen to anything that is from a different place.

Mustapha00

I can listen to just about anything.

My parents were dating in the late 1940s, so my house growing up had lots of Big Band 78s (kids- ask your parents...or maybe grandparents) and 33s of Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Duke Ellington, Louie Armstrong and the like. My mom also liked the "crooners", so add in Perry Como, Mel Torme and, of course, Francis Albert Sinatra.

They pretty much skipped the Fifties.

By the time I really began to get into music in the late 1970s, I had an embarassment of....well, if not exactly "riches", then at least "choices": you had disco, country rock, early New Wave and punk, rock (or "classic rock" as it is now called), rockabilly, hard rock (not "metal", not quite yet) and a few other genres. I listened to everything from David Bowie to ABBA during this time.

Still do.

High school came along, and I gravitated towards two genres which, together, made absolutely sense: British Invasion circa 1963 to 1968 or so and New Wave. If I had a IPOD back then, shuffle might produce something by The Beatles followed by something by Devo. Led Zeppelin might segue into Madness.

Once Grunge came out, I went straight to classic rock on my car radio and never looked back

These days, I love me my Sirius/XM satellite radio. I have presets for my 80s stuff, Rewind (which is cassette era stuff like Yes, Van Halen, etc.), Classic (little bit older stuff) and my favorite First Wave, which has all my New Wave and Punk favorites (Public Image, LTD, Psychedelic Furs, Yaz, Madness, Talking Heads, Depeche Mode and more) in one place. The app has the same ability as Pandora to allow you to upvote or downvote based on individual songs so it can provide a customized playlist.

I'm not a fan of much of what passes as "music" these days, especially what I'd say is the current iteration of "Top 40" or "Hits" radio. It all sounds pretty much the same to me, what with vocoders to hide just how bad a singer you really are and synthesizers meant to cover up just how bad a musician you are. I still can't get into classic country, but at least I respect the talents. Rap I do not even consider "music", nor do I think the 'artists' talented in the least. But hey....I doubt fans of rap would dig The Alarm either.

DeletedUser25904

Johnny Cash, Foo Fitters, Willie Nelson, Black Sabbath, Weird Al Yankavch, Hiway Men, Reba, Kongos, Cervches, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Rush, Imagine Dragons, Twenty One Pilates, AC/DC, Arctic Monkeys, Lady Antebellum, Hank Williams JR., and many more.

DeletedUser26217

I'm a fan of Bob Seger, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Pantera, Foo Fighters, Violent Femmes, Gogel Bordello, Disturbed, Billy Withers, Otis Redding, and many, many more. I like a little of everything except for christian/gospel and less country or rap/hip hop than anything else.

Praetorius

I actually named by account for German composer Micheal Praetorius and named my first city Bransle for this: