1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.156

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Who's the Better Baddie?

Discussion in 'Debate Hall' started by mamboking053, Dec 22, 2018.

1. mamboking053

mamboking053 Active Member

Edward Longshanks and Tywin Lannister are pretty similar and probably some of the best villain characters I've come across- if not as flamboyant as The Joker.

They both live in- technically- the same time period, occupying roughly the same position, in a similar culture, with the similar condition of being a ruling patriarch trying to secure their legacy from incompetent or problematic kids. They are both shrewd, formidable, and ruthless and both of them have that air about them that says they're a king by character, not crown.

Between these two, though, who do you think was the better baddie?

2. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Who is Tywin Lannister?

3. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

Being the victim of patricide while on the toilet tends to sully one's reputation for badassery, I think.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  4. hjh102

hjh102 Well-Known Member

I don't follow Game of Thrones and the doings of the Lannisters, but Edward I did not die on the toilet, although suffering from dysentery and who knows what else in 1307.. he died in the middle of a failing campaign against Robert the Bruce of Scotland.

I'll always vote for real-life individuals who are always more interesting (to me, anyway) than fictional characters.

5. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

Right, Tywin did. "Spoilers" I guess!

6. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

Alan Rickman (the late great, I may add) as the Sheriff of Nottingham..."I'm going to cut out your heart with a spoon"

Graviton likes this.