• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Who's the Better Baddie?

mamboking053

Edward Longshanks and Tywin Lannister are pretty similar and probably some of the best villain characters I've come across- if not as flamboyant as The Joker.

They both live in- technically- the same time period, occupying roughly the same position, in a similar culture, with the similar condition of being a ruling patriarch trying to secure their legacy from incompetent or problematic kids. They are both shrewd, formidable, and ruthless and both of them have that air about them that says they're a king by character, not crown.

Between these two, though, who do you think was the better baddie?

Graviton

Being the victim of patricide while on the toilet tends to sully one's reputation for badassery, I think.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8428

Being the victim of patricide while on the toilet tends to sully one's reputation for badassery, I think.
I don't follow Game of Thrones and the doings of the Lannisters, but Edward I did not die on the toilet, although suffering from dysentery and who knows what else in 1307.. he died in the middle of a failing campaign against Robert the Bruce of Scotland.

I'll always vote for real-life individuals who are always more interesting (to me, anyway) than fictional characters.