• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why can't phones access GvG

DeletedUser27096

It's a free download is it not? It's about as deceptive as any other freemium app claiming to be free.
OK, I'll get off my self-righteous, indignant soapbox :D! I am just ticked bc I may have not started playing if I knew by playing on mobile, I would be at a distinct disadvantage to other players. Then of course I wouldn't have met all you fine folks, so I guess there is a silver lining!

DeletedUser29390

I'm way late to the party post, this has been an interesting thread. I too am disappointed by not having the chance to join in or lead my guild in GvG, but I don't feel mislead or betrayed as a mobile only user. I trust the maker to support it's fan base as it relates to the fiscal balance.
I hope a lot too.......

DeletedUser28670

I kind of feel like GvG was kinda like a failed experiment, I'll explain why.

Number 1: All Ages GvG map. That means that debs won't need to focus more attention on new GvG maps.
Number 2: The problems with lag, and the uselessness of OE and AFE goods. They haven't resolved that issue in quite a while now.
Number 3: When has there been a new GvG update recently? I sure don't remember one.

Conclusion: I believe that GvG has been abandoned and the focus has shifted to GE.

DeletedUser

Number 1: All Ages GvG map. That means that debs won't need to focus more attention on new GvG maps.
Number 2: The problems with lag, and the uselessness of OE and AFE goods. They haven't resolved that issue in quite a while now.
Number 3: When has there been a new GvG update recently? I sure don't remember one.

Conclusion: I believe that GvG has been abandoned and the focus has shifted to GE.
I'm good with them abandoning GvG, I never liked that part of the game anyway. And most of the "abuse of the system" is perpetrated there, with point farming and such.

DeletedUser26965

Best part of the game imo, it goes I go, I didn't come here for a weekly bowling tournament(GE) or shiny stuff from events.

1. AA was created they said because they noticed most players tend to focus on the highest age available so to Inno it was a matter of simplicity to make one map where the most current age units could always be used with every new age.

2. Every game has lag/latency but for myself I experience very little of it. The main problem really was a memory leak issue that could be confused as lag which has been fixed, I know because I was part of helping getting it fixed. There are still problems though and hopefully when HTML5 gets implemented we can reassess and hopefully some more will be improved merely by its implementation.

2.a. AF/OF treasury goods are underutilized relative to the goods previous to them, I have never seen it explained how that in and of itself is an issue or problem.

3. Though not involving only GvG the memory leak issue that got fixed improved GvG immensely.

Conclusion: I believe that also and I also believe GvG will be let go some day. If they don't replace it with a better version of it, which sure as hell aint GE, then I'm done here.

One side note but I think the main problem with the AA design is that as more ages come out the more useless it will become to stay in any age so eventually AF units will be too weak to play in AA so those players will be stressed to go into OF, then OF will become less effective so players again may feel forced or pressured to advance. But in a sense this is the way PvP goes as well if one want to compete at the highest levels, eventually you have to advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I didn't come here for a weekly bowling tournament
Hey, now, bowling's my sport! Don't be hating on bowling!

544b082d668eab6f104658718f420319--happy-friday-bowling.jpg

DeletedUser

Ha, lol, I used to bowl in a league, just local stuff of course but had fun. My grandfather took it very seriously, had tons of trophies over his lifetime.
Up until he passed away last summer at 97, I was bowling with my Dad in a senior league. Grew even closer than we'd been before. Great memories.

DeletedUser28991

But if they don't say anywhere that the mobile version (product B) is missing key elements of the browser version (product A) and people buy B thinking it is as good as A, that is deceptive. Inno clearly says in its ads, "the browser game you love is now on mobile" (that is a paraphrase but is close to actual). It would be like advertising a laptop is now just a portable version of a desktop but when you get it home, you learn that the laptop has very reduced capabilities compared to the desktop. And while I certainly won't be suing them (I mean really, I have a whole list of companies I would sue before I would bother with Inno ;)), it would be interesting to run it by the DAP/FTC to see what they think. I'm curious, though, if you know of any case law or examples of any cases like this? (I am a weirdo in that I like reading legal decisions.). Thanks!
I'm having trouble getting excited about this issue because product A is free and both products A and B use the same account and game information. They are in fact the same product. One just is designed tend for mobile with an inferior interface.

That said, I just don't see what is so fabulously complex about GvG that a mobile machine can't handle it. Clearly combat already works. Are maps and event lists so terrible? I'm left to wonder if the problem isn't mobile, but rather the back end of GvG is a piece of work. Maybe the issue is security.

DeletedUser28503

because phones are not flash based and they havent even figured out how to make it run in flash let alone html5
also chat diabled so they can keep there child rating, but i have already reported how the phone chat feature still allows for abuse so hiopefully they lose that e rating soon