• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why do dev's hate experienced players?

• Thread starter Deleted member 30220
  • Start date

DeletedUser

It bugs me and I am not able to understand why developers are trying to complicate the game for higher age players, that have already developed their cities.
In SAAB they ask for 13 different recurrent quest - while more than half of them are non-doable
The unbirthday recurrent task was skipped (first time from the Iron age)
The Great Building is a non-builder
The amount of goods for research is 10-15 times the goods needed in lower ages
The Great Buildings producing unrefined goods are obsolete, since the "special goods" can be received only from the continent map
What have we done wrong, that we get this treatment?

wolfhoundtoo

Aged up? :p

From my perspective (since I have no idea what the developers were actually thinking of course) they must think the Great Building had some worth or they wouldn't of added it. Mind you it might not fit your play style but be right for you (there's plenty of great buildings I won't build) but that doesn't mean that the Great Building is worthless. As for the goods I suspect they wanted to make it a bit of a challenge (or at least take some time) to work through the tech trees in later ages considering the number of goods some people can produce these days and to give a reason to login regularly to gather the goods needed. After all the more invested (i.e. time you spend) in the game the more likely you are to buy diamonds or indirectly get someone else to buy diamonds (after all if you interact with people and they like you or hate you they might very well become invested in the game and play more).

Also, I thought one of the newer Great Buildings would produce the special goods (the carrier?).

UBERhelp1

First, the Space Carrier isn't too bad in terms of GB. Sure, it isn't for everyone, but there isn't much point in making all GB attack boosts or FP related. That's too unbalanced.

As far as RQs go, the fight an army one is pretty easy, and actually can be done without taking any damage via autobattling, which is of course exploitable on a loop and some players have done so, but Inno is content not to do anything about that. So yes, the UBQ should replace the battle quest to add back balance imo. At least that one has a limit.

For the tech costs, I believe Inno tries to spread it out so that it takes time to move through the age. Otherwise, everyone who moved up to SAAB would complete it almost instantly. They want the content they spent months on to be played with, not just skipped over. That's why from AF up special goods are needed. It slows you down so you can't just rush everything.

GB with unrefined goods, that's just a relic from ages that used unrefined goods. However, you can still sell those, so they aren't useless.

DeletedUser

I build my city layer after layer, but moving into a new era, should not mean that all the previous built layers became useless
My Chateau invest is basically nerfed, since the goods factories spit 40 goods in 8 hours, and there is plenty of space in the asteroid colony.
My coins and supplies are useless, since UBQ disappeared, medals were useless before since my Arc is quite high.
I don't want to delete my Chateau and my Goods producing GB, but their contribution to the game became minimal or none, and in the end, I will need the space...
Seems like they targeted our investment to be rendered useless, after it was quite successful in previous ages.
I'd say that they did it on purpose...they hate veteran players

Graviton

Yeah, that explanation makes more sense than anything else. I don't know what I was thinking. You're a victim. Of hate.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I see, there is a problem with replies in this forum
I was complaining that the game rules were changed in SAAB
Graviton, who according to the points in his account can't be more advanced than CE, thinks that I am exaggerating...
Of course he doesn't understand the issues because, well he's not there.
But anyway he'll throw his 5 cents in the game and reply - when "I don't understand" would be a better choice
And now, I have to explain what will bother him in 2 or 3 years, if he continues to play
How about just split us in groups from the same age, at least

DevaCat

Lol, frustration threads are always fun.

Don't bother looking mine up, the most advanced is only LMA, so I couldn't possibly have any idea what you are dealing with.

Except that I agree that losing the ubq was a bad move, as was the large number of RQs to wade through. I wouldn't want my Arc and Chateau rendered useless either, but is it really as bad as you are claiming? The goods cost for research has always gone up with each age advance. Nothing new there. Oh, special goods, right? Harder to get? No real surprise there -- they needed something to slow down end-of-content players from just blowing through the new era licketysplit and then coming here to biatch about having nothing to do.

If I was a SAAB player, I'd be complaining about them taking away that pvp arena gravy train they had. But hey, I can't possibly understand what goes on in the later eras, now can I?

Mustapha00

Only somewhat on topic....

I'm a fan of Space Carrier. About doggone time Inno rewarded negotiators to some extent.

Graviton

I see, there is a problem with replies in this forum
I was complaining that the game rules were changed in SAAB
Graviton, who according to the points in his account can't be more advanced than CE, thinks that I am exaggerating...
Of course he doesn't understand the issues because, well he's not there.
But anyway he'll throw his 5 cents in the game and reply - when "I don't understand" would be a better choice
And now, I have to explain what will bother him in 2 or 3 years, if he continues to play
How about just split us in groups from the same age, at least

I do have one city in SAM. Plus, I can read announcements and the forum, and you're not the first person to post about the changes implemented in SAAB. But even if none of that were true, and even if it were a valid argument to judge responses based on game points (which it isn't), it's not difficult to understand your attitude: you've taken the changes personally, and ascribed an irrational emotion to the devs as a motivation for the changes. They're out to get you! I find the victimhood mentality to be quite paranoid, and tiresome.

DeletedUser

@DevaCat - I finished my SAAB research in 3 days (at least the relevant part until I could deploy Nail Storm unit and clone it in Traz)
I paid 10 diamonds to have the main Asteroid Ice time reduced to 0 and fought every time to get more than 100 (usually 150-180) ice.
On the goods issue - they didn't make me stop a lot.
But now I loose 10 seconds every time I have to cycle through 12 unwanted recurrent quest to the one I want - and consequently my collection time creeps forward

Emberguard

It's not that they "hate" anyone but rather you as a player will have become a lot less flexible as you age up. This isn't just a FoE thing. All games have a difficulty increase the further along the game you go. It's upto you to decide if you can repurpose something, if that something is likely to have future use or if it's time to get rid of it for something newer

FoE players have developed this culture with events and great buildings to place something in the city and then hold onto it for as long as possible, never really willing to get rid of it. But that's not what the game was designed to be. It's what the players have applied to it as they get attached to those Great Buildings and Events. (I'm guilty of the exact same thing)

If the devs want to shake things up to make it more interesting there's only so much that can be done to achieve that without making something obsolete or requiring you to adapt your city to a new challenge. And that's just it, the game was never designed to have a stagnant city that never changes. You're meant to build, use, re-evaluate and replace as needed.

Unrefined goods from Great Buildings still have some use. But it's a much more limited use by the time you reach SAAB as unless you've raced to the end of the techtree as fast as possible you probably would only really need those goods for selling to other players.

Plain Red Justice

Then you shouldn't have advanced to SAAB if you don't want your coins and supplies to be useless RQ-wise? The amount of epic spoilers in this game is very astonishing even to me that I can just say that you made that decision yourself; there's quite literally no excuses for you not to know what'll happen in new updates

jorgedetaco

ive been playing 3.5 years. Am really happy with events and addition of dealer. Before there was no way to catch people who spend 2000 diamonds a week. Now they still have advantage, but im not hopelessly outgunned. This way higher players are subjected to the need to change and evolve. Instead of sitting back and raping other players who couldn't buy 12 cherry sets.

DeletedUser

Hi Ember, now we're talking
So the culture of events and special buildings will dominate the previous culture of GB building and leveling as high as you can?
Because it makes more sense to lure the player into paying diamonds for supplementary special buildings that can be acquired during events (you get the first one almost diamond free, than you pay for the next one)
But the leveling of GB's was less diamond purchase effective, you could build GB that returned forge points and speed up the leveling of other GB's
It's not hate, but greed, now I understand

Emberguard

*facepalm* that’s not at all what I said.

You get new GBs with each age. You can replace GBs with new GBs or you can keep the ones you’ve got

In case you haven’t noticed one of the biggest recurring complaints is “I’ve run out of space”. If you don’t have the space then you don’t need to buy additional buildings.

wolfhoundtoo

The problem is lack of flexibility upon your part. The game changes as it develops that is the nature of games like this one (I won't bothering repeating all the various reasons people have already mentioned in this thread). You simply want the way that worked just fine for you (and was by your lights the best strategy) to keep being the best strategy. Take a break from the game and come back and reevaluate your city and decide what you want to do with it because you certainly don't seem to be having fun in the current incarnation.