• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why do high level players use swaps?

jsc29

I see a lot of higher level players in my guild using swaps. I don't get this. If you use 1.9 then you pay 60% of the cost of the level. If you swap out the whole level, then best case scenario is no better than this and worst case scenario is that it will cost you more, because you have to pay 100% of the cost of the level in swaps and it is unlikely that you will get better than a 40% rebate, I would think.

DevaCat

One reason is unethical behavior. Small guildies can spend days putting their bar points on a gb in the 5 and 10 swaps, then the owner puts it into a 100 or 200 point thread where his waiting buddies quickly level it. The saps prime it and the bigger players reap the rewards.

Same applies when a player drags his gb through the swaps first to prime it then puts it into the 1.9 -- the little guys never really had a chance.

Agent327

I see a lot of higher level players in my guild using swaps. I don't get this. If you use 1.9 then you pay 60% of the cost of the level. If you swap out the whole level, then best case scenario is no better than this and worst case scenario is that it will cost you more, because you have to pay 100% of the cost of the level in swaps and it is unlikely that you will get better than a 40% rebate, I would think.

Why not ask those high level players in your Guild? Do they bite if you do?

I see you ask question after question about high level players. Reason there are Guilds is so players can help eachother and learn from eachother. What's wrong with your Guild? Do those high level players not answer your questions?

Not saying it is wrong you are asking questions here, but just wondering why you are so occupied with high level players. Just play your own game.

James of Norwood

I use to never use swaps....I followed your similar logic. And it makes sense often. Here's why I changed and started using swaps...
A-I Need prints for the GB in the swap thread. I usually try to chase the same GB and or the same GB/person to increase my chances of landing a good spot with rewards.
B- Any FP rewards are banked and thats a good thing. Other than sniping for spots the only other way to bank fps is to win them from rewsrds earned in the swaps
C- I try to only use larger swap threads to increase my chance of earning something back...if some puts a GB in a 50pt swap and I look at it and 5th place has 150 down , I'm not participating. Try to be a little patient and selective

jsc29

I use to never use swaps....I followed your similar logic. And it makes sense often. Here's why I changed and started using swaps...
A-I Need prints for the GB in the swap thread. I usually try to chase the same GB and or the same GB/person to increase my chances of landing a good spot with rewards.
B- Any FP rewards are banked and thats a good thing. Other than sniping for spots the only other way to bank fps is to win them from rewsrds earned in the swaps
C- I try to only use larger swap threads to increase my chance of earning something back...if some puts a GB in a 50pt swap and I look at it and 5th place has 150 down , I'm not participating. Try to be a little patient and selective

Hmm, I don't quite get this. If you are targeting a print, all you have to do is watch 1.9 and take spots on the buildings you want prints for. Unlike a swap you are guaranteed prints in the 1.9 thread, and it is free, since you get 100% of your FP back.

Also, I don't get (B) either. FP rewards put on GBs in 1.9 are banked the same way swaps are.

Nicholas002

I cannot think of a single good reason for any high or low level player to use swaps EVER unless

a) it is a new world and 1.9 doesn’t exist yet, or
b) they have such limited sniping opportunities that swaps are the only way for them to bank FPs and BPs.

can someone please enlighten me?

Falconwing

I only 'sell' the first three spots on my GB's and do the rest with trades, it just works out better for me and my schedule. I snipe my Hood often so they are always trying to "retaliate". If I were to prime my GB for all 5 spots, I'd have a decent chance at getting sniped. I could prime, sell, prime again, sell again til I was done, but that's a lot of work just to save a few lil fp's. It also keeps the trade threads moving for the smaller, or the more casual, players, in my Guild. Helping the Guild is more important than the small amount of fp's I might lose.

One of my gripes about the ARC is the sense of entitlement it has given newer players cause the lil shits don't have to work like a lot of us did back when everyone and their brother weren't offering to give 1.9 on everything. We were happy just to get 1st and 2nd locked for free while the donating player made a few fp's.

P.S. I can't tell you how many people I've sniped that have sent me a message asking for the rest cause I didn't put 1.9. Many belly laughs there. Many.

Nicholas002

One of my gripes about the ARC is the sense of entitlement it has given newer players cause the lil shits don't have to work like a lot of us did back when everyone and their brother weren't offering to give 1.9 on everything. We were happy just to get 1st and 2nd locked for free while the donating player made a few fp's.

P.S. I can't tell you how many people I've sniped that have sent me a message asking for the rest cause I didn't put 1.9. Many belly laughs there. Many.
Well, it was your choice to start on brand new world without level 80 arcs. You could’ve just as easily started on an old world and got 1.9 right away. I think it’s fair that players who get a “head start” by playing on a brand new world should have to work for their 1.9 more than players who start years behind.

( or did you start playing before the arc came out?)

James of Norwood

Hmm, I don't quite get this. If you are targeting a print, all you have to do is watch 1.9 and take spots on the buildings you want prints for. Unlike a swap you are guaranteed prints in the 1.9 thread, and it is free, since you get 100% of your FP back.

Also, I don't get (B) either. FP rewards put on GBs in 1.9 are banked the same way swaps are.
Well my response to that would be you might not have a level 80 arc so can be taking a big loss on a 1.9 plus that GB might not be readily available or you might not have enough banked FPs to grab a spot on high level GB. There are lots of scenarios that come into play

Plain Red Justice

How do you not notice the amount of profit you get from getting a, say 50% reward from a swap? For example, a 200 FP reward getting secured by your 400 FP and you have a level 0 (zero) Arc. You get 400 FP plus a 200 FP discount for your low level GB in which a 1.9'd first place is only about 30-50 FP while you're obligated to fill in the rest with your own FP which you cannot get back whatsoever. By noticing this you would already be playing swaps from the moment you started the game.

But we don't have a level 0 Arc now do we? So the reality of the amount of profit you get from winning swaps is actually much, much more

Last edited:

Nicholas002

How do you not notice the amount of profit you get from getting a, say 50% reward from a swap? For example, a 200 FP reward getting secured by your 400 FP and you have a level 0 (zero) Arc. You get 400 FP plus a 200 FP discount for your low level GB in which a 1.9'd first place is only about 30-50 FP while you're obligated to fill in the rest with your own FP which you cannot get back whatsoever. By noticing this you would already be playing swaps from the moment you started the game.

But we don't have a level 0 Arc now do we?
From the moment you start the game you do not have the ability to do swaps at all, and even after playing for a few weeks you do not have the ability to swap 400 FP in less than a week. After days of hovering on the swap threads waiting for that specific gb to be placed, and putting your hourly FPS on it, someone else has taken the 200 reward spot with a single big swap. It’s unrealistic.

Plain Red Justice

From the moment you start the game you do not have the ability to do swaps at all, and even after playing for a few weeks.

It’s unrealistic.
For you. The several people that are staying silent about their optimal strat and the people that succeeded on doing this (like myself) doesn't seem to agree with what you're saying

Nicholas002

For you. The several people that are staying silent about their optimal strat and the people that succeeded on doing this (like myself) doesn't seem to agree with what you're saying
You can’t contribute to gbs until you research architecture. Therefore you can’t do swaps from the moment you start the game.

Plain Red Justice

Yes researching Architecture is very unrealistic I agree. You would need to spend a year to even dream of doing that. Actually it is a myth that anyone can contribute to GBs at all

Nicholas002

Thanks for mis- quoting me then completely construing what I said to mean something different. I said it is unrealistic for a new player to secure a 200 fp reward spot in a guild swap thread. Not that it is unrealistic to research architecture. Your comprehension skills are on par with a sack of hammers.

on topic, here’s a fact for you to consider: the one and only scenario where swaps are cheaper than 1.9, is if you are somehow doing unfair swaps to your advantage. In that case you are deliberately screwing over your guild mates. It does not surprise me at all that you are the kind of player who uses this “optimal strat” of deliberately screwing over your guild mates. Not for me though. Screw your friends and neighbors, but not your guild.

Plain Red Justice

Why would FP swaps be unfair when it's a vital feature of an active guild? Competition is always part of videogames. When you lose, it's because you haven't played better the winner has no fault on this. I don't see the reason why you're playing a game with militaries in it if you despise the very notion of losing. But it's certainly a very interesting perspective

Nicholas002

Why would FP swaps be unfair when it's a vital feature of an active guild? Competition is always part of videogames. When you lose, it's because you haven't played better the winner has no fault on this. I don't see the reason why you're playing a game with militaries in it if you despise the very notion of losing. But it's certainly a very interesting perspective
I do not despise the notion of profiting at another player’s expense what I do despise is people like you who do this at the expense of their guild mates.

Plain Red Justice

I do not despise the notion of profiting at another player’s expense what I do despise is people like you who do this at the expense of their guild mates.
?? So you would take advantage of other people (including your friends) but for some reason you have preferences? Don't worry man, this is only a videogame there is no need to maintain a mask of hypocrisy like what we're required to do irl

Nicholas002

?? So you would take advantage of other people (including your friends) but for some reason you have preferences? Don't worry man, this is only a videogame there is no need to maintain a mask of hypocrisy like what we're required to do irl
To each his own, I prefer to profit off my neighbors rather than my guild. And I still despise players who screw their guild.