• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why do players level CDM past 10?

jsc29

I was just looking at the math of the CDM and it seems pretty dismal. It seems I would be paying over 800 FP to get 1% extra attack and +1 FP. So, in terms of FP payback, it would take over 800 days (more than 2 years) before it payed for itself. And as for the +1% attack, there are a LOT of ways to get +1% attack/defense that are cheaper than 800 FP. What is the motivation of leveling CDM past about 10? Player's just run out of space for better stuff?

ODragon

At the moment, the highest efficiency non-GB in the game are Shinto Temple Lvl 9 or the Royal Bathhouse Lvl 6. They both produce 12 FP for 12 spaces, giving them a 1 FP/Space rating.

My CDM is currently 1.78 FP/space.

All regular buildings have a max efficiency, GBs do not. Get the ones you care about to 10 right away, boost your arc/cf/cape to 80 then get everything else up.

Plain Red Justice

I was just looking at the math of the CDM and it seems pretty dismal
Because you're looking at it the wrong way. You don't seem to include other very important factors like how much FP are sitting in your inventory and the amount of utility it could have provided for either you or your guild if you leveled it at X time/s

I've seen braggarts here and there saying that they have like 50k-60k sitting in their inventory for absolutely no reason when the only thing it does is make themselves look bad

-Sebastian-

I like having a high inventory. I've said it before, but once again: combined with a 1.9 thread, I never have to worry about blueprints and medals, and it's an easy way to help my guild.

But even for me, there's such a thing as "too much inventory". I have to put the FP somewhere. GBs that provide FP and GBs that provide attacking army boost are two of the best places to put the FP. Especially if I've already built them.

Eventually, after you've taken all the locks you can, and sniped everything you can, you'll face the problem of what to do with your FP. The simple answer is to figure out which GB gives you the best return on investment for the next level, and work on that. (There's some threads with excellent data and graphs, somewhere here on the forum...)

jsc29

Ok, so following on ODragon's answer, its a matter of priority, so the short answer to my question is that a smart player does not level the CDM past 10 until all other better options are exhausted, which according to him are things like Shinto Temple, Royal Bathhouse, Arc, CF, Cape. So once I have all special buildings and the aforementioned priorities leveled, only then would it make sense to start leveling things like the CDM, Zeus and COA. Is that right?

BruteForceAttack

Ok, so following on ODragon's answer, its a matter of priority, so the short answer to my question is that a smart player does not level the CDM past 10 until all other better options are exhausted, which according to him are things like Shinto Temple, Royal Bathhouse, Arc, CF, Cape. So once I have all special buildings and the aforementioned priorities leveled, only then would it make sense to start leveling things like the CDM, Zeus and COA. Is that right?

No... If you are a fighter you need a lot of attack/defense. zeus/CoA/CDM/TA are good source of Attack/Defense. Yes there are some folks who level CDM just for fps, but majority of the folks do it for Attack/Defense.

Edit: Between zeus/CoA/CDM/TA after 10, IMO level the gb which takes the lest fp to get you that 1% attack/defense. Always stop zeus/Coa/CDM at odd levels e.g. 11 and not 10

Last edited:

Nicholas002

since leveling settlement buildings is basically the opposite of leveling GBs (leveling them makes FPs rather than using up FPs), including them in the same priority list make little sense. you can focus 100% on both at the same time.

Aggressor

Nope. Attack boost is precious.
Sure, 1% doenst seem like a lot, but if we factor in the fact that once it hits the 30s it becomes cheap to level, that's not so dismal.
Also, the three attack boost GBs are low age so they are relatively cheap to level.
FIinally, it's space saving. Theres only so much more room in your city and leveling your CdM up is a lot better than trying to make room for more buildings.

-Sebastian-

Sort of. Working on getting normal (non-GB) buildings like the Shinto Temple is something we do at the same time as working on our GBs. Only once the city is jam-packed, do we have to start making a trade-off between normal buildings and GBs. (And BruteForceAttack is right - the two most important things are FP/day and attacking army boost. So there's also a trade-off between those, both when it comes to normal buildings and when it comes to GBs.)

So, if you're new, you should be trying to get useful buildings from the event, and from the daily challenges, and from the settlements, and from GBG and GE. But at the same time, you should also be trying to work on your GBs, both by acquiring blueprints and goods for ones that you plan on building, and by spending your FPs leveling the ones you've already built.

For a new player, I'd advise working on 3 types of GB at the same time: a) working on getting an Arc built and to level 80, b) working on getting your SoZ built and to level 10, then your CdM built and to level 10, and then your CoA built and to level 10, and c) getting an Obs built. You'll find Arc and Obs blueprints are harder to come by at first, so you'll probably make more progress on the SoZ. Also, the goods for building an Arc will be much more expensive than the goods for the other GBs. And then you'll need 70 more full sets of Arc blueprints before you can get it to level 80. (And in all that, if you find you're running low on supplies, try building the LoA and working on it a bit, too.)

They say that this game is a marathon, not a sprint. But the game is also about trying to do a dozen things at the same time, and not letting them get in the way of each other. ;-)

DeletedUser31499

My CdM is at level 101 and gives 60 fp per day and a fighting bonus of 76%. Receiving 1.9 donations lowers the cost of leveling a lot. With 1.9 level 11 is the most expensive. After that each level gets cheaper till in the 50s they start going up again. However it won’t cost you more fp to level than level 11 did until you get in the area of level 70ish.

The reason to level beyond 10 is to improve your ability to fight and my reason was to make the real estate it takes up worth the space. The question is what else can I fit into the space the CdM takes up that will give me more than 60 fp per day and a 76% fighting bonus? Go through the pain of leveling it up once and you’ll enjoy the bonuses the building gives you for the rest of the time you play the game.

Last edited by a moderator: