• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why does INNO allow Unfair PVP?

gianteagle

Collect on time. If that doesn't stop them just stay put, build your city up, and remember the hoods change all the time.

On a side note, does anyone know if hood changes are random? Because there are a few people that are literally in my hood almost every week and have been like that for many, many months. Just a question

Graviton

On a side note, does anyone know if hood changes are random? Because there are a few people that are literally in my hood almost every week and have been like that for many, many months. Just a question

They're random to a certain extent; I've had neighbors that repeat on a neighborhood swap and I've had them that were not sequential but that returned with some frequency. OTOH, I've only paid attention if they attacked me. Honestly, most of my 'hood could be repeats that haven't attacked me, so I wouldn't know.

CommanderCool1234

I love it when players do that to me. Normally I only attack others when I need a win and GE or GBG aren't options. And I don't bother plundering them. Waste of time.
But when some punk with 150K thinks they want to play? It's a good excuse to have some fun, and it almost always is. You are my only potential victim until the next hood swap. Don't slip up :cool:
lol, I usually don't attack or plunder, but I just built a bunch of attack fields and wanted to test them out.

Emberguard

They're not random. If there are any random elements at all it'd likely be the same sort of thing that GBG does when there's too many at the same score to fit on a island. But the actual criteria for neighbourhood shuffles doesn't use randomness. It's your technological age

RazorbackPirate

This is all solid advice. Thanks for taking the time. I'll give the advice a chance. I also did not know the neighborhoods change every 2 weeks.
Another benefit of advancing slowly is working through all the side and bonus quests to unlock Recurring Quests. RQs can significantly boost the output of your city, especially goods, medals (think expansions), and FPs.

From what I read, you're following the same trajectory as I did. Advanced too quickly that I started getting my tail handed to me and a city running on fumes. That's when I came to the forum to finally learn how to play the game.

I followed the advice that made sense for how I wanted to play FoE. Taking pieces from the best player guides here on the forum to come up my own style.

Again, welcome to the forum. Lot's of good advice to be had here.

DARK4SE

You said you played other long time games. In how many of those games were you told exactly what to do and did not need to learn the best/most suitable way to play?

Every player has the same chance, so how is that not a fair chance? You are complaining about a player's attack power. Did you even bother to check how strong his defense is?

You are not attacked by advanced players. You are attacked by players that are in the same age as you. That is not advanced. Those players have had the same chances as you. They chose to walk a different path. You are in LM. What have you done to have a better defense so far?

I can tell what side of the fence you are on. Not very helpful.

It appears it is a lost cause talking to anyone about this. The game Dev's are comfortable with the unfair PVP mechanics....so why bother.

DARK4SE

New players can't be attacked by anyone. You are not a new player. A player cannot be attacked until they unlock Military Tactics in late Iron Age. When I started, almost 6 years ago, you could be in a hood with players in the highest age and could be attacked and plundered from day one.

That being said, it is never too late to stop and develop your city. It will never happen if you don't start. And this is the very worst advice I've seen here on the Forum:

That is the very worst thing you could do. If you're unprepared for LMA, you definitely don't want to move up to Colonial. Stay where you are. Grow the right GBs. Place event/special buildings that cannot be plundered. Minimize the number of goods buildings you need by proper use of GBs, Recurring Quests and event/special buildings. Using GBs, minimize the number of cultural buildings you have, which will direct lower priority aiding to your residential and production buildings, which will keep them from being plundered. Once you make your city mostly plunder-proof, you won't care about being attacked. I certainly don't...in any of my cities.

If you want revenge, check his GBs and see if one that gives FPs or goods or units is close to leveling...and then level it. That robs them of the double dip. Won't really hurt them much, but it may make you feel a little better and not as helpless. Good luck!

OK.....Now you are giving me good advice. Can you please tell me more about this system with the GB? I would love to hear more about this.

DARK4SE

New players can't be attacked by anyone. You are not a new player. A player cannot be attacked until they unlock Military Tactics in late Iron Age. When I started, almost 6 years ago, you could be in a hood with players in the highest age and could be attacked and plundered from day one.

That being said, it is never too late to stop and develop your city. It will never happen if you don't start. And this is the very worst advice I've seen here on the Forum:

That is the very worst thing you could do. If you're unprepared for LMA, you definitely don't want to move up to Colonial. Stay where you are. Grow the right GBs. Place event/special buildings that cannot be plundered. Minimize the number of goods buildings you need by proper use of GBs, Recurring Quests and event/special buildings. Using GBs, minimize the number of cultural buildings you have, which will direct lower priority aiding to your residential and production buildings, which will keep them from being plundered. Once you make your city mostly plunder-proof, you won't care about being attacked. I certainly don't...in any of my cities.

If you want revenge, check his GBs and see if one that gives FPs or goods or units is close to leveling...and then level it. That robs them of the double dip. Won't really hurt them much, but it may make you feel a little better and not as helpless. Good luck!

I am a few months in so by definition....not new. However, INNO is terrible about showing new players the little stuff that all of you have told me about in this thread. "New-Semi New" players do not know as much as you think they do in the beginning of this game. You assume I should have known this already. smh

DARK4SE

The plundering system forces players to log in daily to "collect on time". Occasional players get plundered mercilessly. I deleted one of my alt cities because I didn't have time to pay attention to it, and multiple buildings started to get plundered daily.

I would suggest advancing to the colonial age just to get rid of this guy. Most likely, if he's pumped his attack value up to 500%, nothing you can say or do will help. You can try offering him forge points, sending a friend request, joining his guild, etc., but most likely, you're just a farm to him. Get him out of your neighborhood.

Be warned, though: you'll need better than a 21% attack value to advance in the New World. You probably should work on that.

If all else fails, rip up your roads and go start an alt city on a different world. Good luck.

The best advice given to me has been DO NOT LEVEL TOO FAST. I really think this is what messed me up. I am going to try and work on this immediately.

Johnny B. Goode

OK.....Now you are giving me good advice. Can you please tell me more about this system with the GB? I would love to hear more about this.
The placement of Great Buildings in your city that produce goods can completely eliminate the need for goods buildings all the way up to Progressive Era. After that, hopefully a player would have enough special/event buildings that give out goods to take care of their needs. I know all my cities that are past Bronze Age rely solely on GBs and/or special/event buildings, along with Recurring Quests, to meet all my goods needs. In fact, my Future Era city produces enough goods this way that I can sell goods for the Arc without ever having a Future Era goods building. These are some of the GBs that produce goods as one of the main benefits: Tower of Babel, Lighthouse of Alexandria (also boosts supply production), St Mark's Basilica (also boosts coin production), Frauenkirche of Dresden, Royal Albert Hall (also boosts supply production), and finally the new Galata Tower (which also reduces the chance of being plundered). There are a few others in higher ages, but that is the list of goods producing GBs up through Industrial Age. The Galata Tower, Babel, Lighthouse and Dresden have the smallest footprints out of those, and I highly recommend newer players getting at least the Babel and Lighthouse before getting out of Iron Age and the early protection from being plundered.

The best way for new players to get the Blueprints for these is to "guild hop". This is the practice of joining a guild, aiding everyone, then leaving that guild and joining another. Rinse and repeat for as long and as often as you can stand to and you will eventually end up with enough BPs to build the early GBs. The unseen benfit of having goods producing GBs is that they will randomly produce any one of the 5 current era goods each time. This means that with patience you may never have to worry about trading for goods to fill your city's needs.
I am a few months in so by definition....not new. However, INNO is terrible about showing new players the little stuff that all of you have told me about in this thread.
I do not disagree with this at all. However, this hasn't changed since FoE's beginning. I don't condemn anyone for not knowing everything from the start.
"New-Semi New" players do not know as much as you think they do in the beginning of this game. You assume I should have known this already. smh
Actually I was just clarifying that brand new players don't have to deal with being attacked right out of the gate. And I try not to assume w hat players who find themselves in a situation like yours know or don't know. So sometimes I come across as condescending when I'm merely trying to explain as fully as I can in case the person I'm talking to doesn't know as much as I may think.

Agent327

I can tell what side of the fence you are on. Not very helpful.

It appears it is a lost cause talking to anyone about this. The game Dev's are comfortable with the unfair PVP mechanics....so why bother.

Again, PvP mechanics would be unfair if they only applied to you. They do however apply to every player, so they can not be unfair. What makes you think you are the first player to address this in the 8 years the game exists?

I am a few months in so by definition....not new. However, INNO is terrible about showing new players the little stuff that all of you have told me about in this thread. "New-Semi New" players do not know as much as you think they do in the beginning of this game. You assume I should have known this already. smh

That statement isn't correct. "New-Semi New" players do not know as much as they think they do in the beginning of this game.

Inno has provided this forum. Has provided a Wiki. Did you bother to read any of those before you dove in and finally found out you were not as succesful as you expected to be?

Best adivse given to you at the moment would be to start a new city on another world and use what you know now. That, or stop moving forward and start working on your current city.

Agent327

This is great advice. I'm not trying to come off on you wrong. Sorry if it seems that way.

You have the same frustration as every new player that finds out things are not going as he expected. When I started I thought diamonds were something I could produce with ease, so I immediately spend all I had on something futile. Kept setting production times, just to cancel them again cause a quest asked for something else. Wasted a lot of time till I found out how it worked.

Emberguard

The best advice given to me has been DO NOT LEVEL TOO FAST. I really think this is what messed me up. I am going to try and work on this immediately.
Have you spent your event currency yet? Todays daily special is Olympic Treasury. If you use a Diamond Coach (150 diamonds), and have saved up the event currency from the entire event and go for the red players whenever possible you should be able to get yourself at the very least one, maybe even two Olympic Treasury’s fully lvl’d depending on what kind of luck you get.

That’d make for some pretty decent progress towards plunderproofing your city

Lady Gato

You are right -- within the game tutorials do not address how to play this game. Foe is like chess -- you can look at it and move the pieces like you would in a game of checkers, but it wouldn't be the correct way to play. However, if you learn about the game -- like coming here to the forum and/or by reading the wikis and watching the youtube videos that players have produced -- your game will start looking like chess instead of checkers.

There are a lot of experienced players here who've given you some great advice. It's not too late in your city to redo it, it will just take time. The same time it would take to start over in a new city I would think -- but it is up to you.

Perhaps one of these players are on the same world as you and would be willing to actually look at your city and give you some specific instructions to help you. They have been extremely helpful to me in the past. Good luck.

How is this OK? 508% vs 21%??
Every time based war game I played the defender has the advantage. It's up to the defending player to find that advantage and use it to their advantage. In FOE only the attackers troops die during a battle. The defenders troops dont die or get injured. So even if you lose the battle, if you manage to kill one of theirs, be smart and not allow them to plunder you, even though the report may not show it, you won the battle.

I'll give a few suggestions. I haven't read through the entire topic so not sure if these were suggested. By the amount of attack bonus from the attacker, I'm guessing you're on an older world. Now that you've got your feet wet, you may want to try a newer world like Birka where your neighbors are not so far advanced. Most attackers target goods and special buildings. Try acquiring goods through reoccurring quests. Build a CF to boost quest payout. If possible, dont build buildings that can be plundered but cant be motivated. Make sure special buildings are motivated with a self aid if needed. Dont give the attacker anything to plunder. Set supply buildings for 24hrs and use reoccurring quest. Attackers are not generally interested in supply buildings. Have lots of friends and find an active guild. Both will help motivate your buildings so they won't be plundered. Watch the battle video. Switch your defense up to counter theirs and try to kill something, anything that will discourage the attacker from attacking. Dont be gun shy but be smart. Save your attack boost potions for your aggressive neighbors. Scout the attacker, basically attack with one horse but dont attack. Surrender and get a look at their defensive troops and boost before you close the report. If you can beat them, attack and plunder them the next day. Make sure to boost your attack the most you can with tavern and potions. Only attack if you can win the battle. Attack with 1 best troop that counters their defense, usually a light or heavy unit and 7 rogues. Even if you lose a few troops, you'll send a message to the attacker you're not their farm. Dont ask them to stop. This will only encourage the attacker. As others have suggested, dont advance too fast. You dont want to be at the bottom of your hood. I rarely attack others but when I do, I start with bottom feeders and work my way up.

Most importantly keep coming back to the forum. The people here have a ton experience and a trove of information, even Agent. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Kryxeus

If you use a Diamond Coach (150 diamonds), and have saved up the event currency from the entire event and go for the red players whenever possible you should be able to get yourself at the very least one, maybe even two Olympic Treasury’s fully lvl’d depending on what kind of luck you get.

I did this, saved all my footballs. Had 8000, paid the 150 diamonds and won 15 Olympic Treasury's. Great advice. :)