• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why don't we have a MASTER founder ?

Emberguard

Because the Founder is the Master Founder. Only difference between them and leaders is the ability to promote / demote and disband the guild. If you had a Founder above the Founder there wouldn't be much difference between that and a leader

Agent327

Guild owner is the Master Founder. Only way others can become founders and kick him is when he appoints them.

Super Catanian

*(sigh)*

So I made a post similar to this one last time the topic of Guild rights came up. Basically, the Founder is the one with ultimate control of the Guild's resources and all that jazz. This includes the rights that individual Guild members have. If a Founder has that much trust on a Guild mate that they decide to promote them to Founder status, that's on them. So if the new Founder does something dumb, the original Founder is partially to blame, since it was their desicion that nobody forced them to take, after all.

And for this reason, ladies and gentlemen, is why we have the Leader role.

Should've seen it coming.

Flavius Belisarius

Risk Assessment. If you add a Founder it lightens your management load and as long as you stay friends it works,
The only mechanism I wish there was in place was for a way to remove an inactive Founder in a Guild with only one Founder.
Sure you could leave and start over or join another, but if you have a substantially treasury that is a problem.
With a single Founder you cannot designate Leaders.
Maybe their needs to be an agreement between INNO and Founders that if Founders do not respond to a message from INNO within a reasonable time about their activity after all the Guild Leaders submit a support ticket asking INNO about the Founder's activity status, then INNO can designate all the Leaders as Founders. Fortunately, I have been in Guilds where Founders who no longer could or wanted to play found replacements before they went inactive.

Risk Assessment. If you add a Founder it lightens your management load and as long as you stay friends it works,
The only mechanism I wish there was in place was for a way to remove an inactive Founder in a Guild with only one Founder.
Sure you could leave and start over or join another, but if you have a substantially treasury that is a problem.
Maybe their needs to be an agreement between INNO and Founders that if Founders do not respond to a message from INNO within a reasonable time about their activity after all the Guild Leaders submit a support ticket asking INNO about the Founder's activity status, then INNO can designate all the Leaders as Founders. Fortunately, I have been in Guilds where Founders who no longer could or wanted to play found replacements before they went inactive.
I think there is a way to do that. A previous guild of mine had one founder who suddenly quit playing the game. One of the remaining members worked with Inno and after a waiting period they removed the Founder rights from the absent player and designated the remaining player as Founder. Not sure the details, happened after I left.

Emberguard

I think there is a way to do that. A previous guild of mine had one founder who suddenly quit playing the game. One of the remaining members worked with Inno and after a waiting period they removed the Founder rights from the absent player and designated the remaining player as Founder. Not sure the details, happened after I left.
We don't remove Founders, the system automatically reassigns after 30 days if all Founders are inactive

Manicato

It can be worth it and yet risky. There are some guilds that a founder may even close down a guild without giving any notice to the members. The next thing you know, the members log on to their game and find themselves no longer in a guild.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Democratic guilds where everyone is given founder status are the most risky, since there is no way to know who deleted the guild if it happens.

I've heard of people that enjoy joining those guilds just so they can delete them, though that may only be rumor/bravado in chat, though likely possible knowing human nature.

UP ONLINE

they say what 60-90 days A founder is inactive The SYSTEM will Promote Who ever is next in line to be the new Founder