• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why, even in events, are the avatars offered, mainly of men? Can we get some nice female avatars ?

cathea

Today to show I finished in the Gold League top 10, I had only a male avatar to wear... really?? is it that hard to make female ones as well. Minor but irritating gripe of mine, and not just for events. Normal avatars are like running 2 to 1 in favor of men. Come on now, a little more variety would be really welcome. Thank you.

RazorbackPirate

Maybe they should add men and women avatars at the same percentage mix as the player base. Maybe they do? While evenly split in the world, I see a player base that predominately skews male. As such I would expect male avatars to skew the same way. Anything less would be gender bias.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Today to show I finished in the Gold League top 10, I had only a male avatar to wear... really?? is it that hard to make female ones as well. Minor but irritating gripe of mine, and not just for events. Normal avatars are like running 2 to 1 in favor of men. Come on now, a little more variety would be really welcome. Thank you.

Thank you for your feedback.

Please, keep in mind that usually we create dedicated threads for Announcements and Events feedback so we can make it easier to collect all feedback and pass them on to the relevant teams.

Johnny B. Goode

So in my main city I have 278 distinct avatars available. Out of that 102 are definitely female. Twelve are ambiguous as far as gender goes, could be either. One is an eagle. That leaves 163 as definitely male.
Female: 36.7%
Male: 58.6%
Ambiguous: 4.3%
Eagle: .4%
When you take into account that for centuries soldiers were overwhelmingly male, and there are almost no female equivalents for those avatars, the percentage seems about right.

Ebeondi Asi

I find 160 Male 92 female 16 ambiguous, 8 either animal or alien. I may be a little more lenient on ambiguous?
There are avatars in the game I do not have. in particular I notice the snowman which must have been from an early event?

Last edited:

Cowbingo

i find this post funny because this last event i got more female ones again its all i pretty much been getting through the last few events
i see the males i just dont get them

Ironrooster

Well, in my main city I have 233 of which 87 are female, 4 are indeterminate, and 142 are male. These are as I see them, but some are pretty close and could go either way.
It's my impression that lately the events have been pretty even. And the castle seems to be pretty even although with one that I cannot tell which it is.

DevaCat

I have made myself lower my hopes for a pleasing avatar/portrait reward. I seem to only get the doofus, the clueless, or someone’s constipated uncle instead of one I would really want :)

Karen Isaacsdottir

So in my main city I have 278 distinct avatars available. Out of that 102 are definitely female. Twelve are ambiguous as far as gender goes, could be either. One is an eagle. That leaves 163 as definitely male.
Female: 36.7%
Male: 58.6%
Ambiguous: 4.3%
Eagle: .4%
When you take into account that for centuries soldiers were overwhelmingly male, and there are almost no female equivalents for those avatars, the percentage seems about right.
And trading [don't forget, there's trading in the game] is obviously exclusively a male activity, historically? I think not. Women were as involved in commerce as men.

Karen Isaacsdottir

I have made myself lower my hopes for a pleasing avatar/portrait reward. I seem to only get the doofus, the clueless, or someone’s constipated uncle instead of one I would really want :)
If you look for a young, pretty female avatar, you've got one. If you want one that reflects a bit more...maturity...you're s.o.l.