• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why I wont be back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP360

Hiya,

I have been here for about a week, I know, not too long, but long enuff to try to do stuff and to start events and such, strive for that daily and whatever....

This is an impossible game. Moves way too slow at the lower levels, my guild don't talk to me or friend me and over half of my friends are awol. I mean I need 3 taverns to finish the daily, and I had to delete most of them cause they are inactive, and when I analyzed it, it says I got to wait like 15 hrs to sit in a new tavern and well, the daily I over by then.

What I do know is I have spent lots of time at games like this, I know it takes time... but this one is just not worth it. Just saying.

If you auto battle, to learn how to battle, you should be able to see it. I mean how does one learn stuff in this game? I asked questions in the guild, got no answers... it's like no one is out there, The friends are ghosts, ya know why, they left too. Like I am going to, s all those peeps that friended me are going to have to find out over time... that just sucks. If there are inactive people, do not put them in the "find friends" list. It just makes it all go wrong, get rid of them.

Now

Emberguard

It's nowhere near impossible, but it does take time to build up your city. Just because someone is active doesn't mean they'll aid or that they'll remain active after showing you the list. Remove the players that aren't benefiting your city and find new ones

I asked questions in the guild, got no answers...
Then you probably joined a inactive guild. Leave it and join another. There are active guilds.

I know exactly how you feel. I was the same way, wondering what the heck I was doing, should I even be playing FoE, feeling absolutely dejected. The only difference is I had been playing for a little over a month. After a week, I can't imagine you have accumulated even the barest essentials to play the way you're trying to play.

This is an impossible game. Moves way too slow at the lower levels, my guild don't talk to me or friend me and over half of my friends are awol. I mean I need 3 taverns to finish the daily, and I had to delete most of them cause they are inactive, and when I analyzed it, it says I got to wait like 15 hrs to sit in a new tavern and well, the daily I over by then.

Only two other people in my guild (and I) are active. It drives me a little crazy because I can't take advantage of free trades, I can't get answers to any question, I can't go past Level 1 of Guild Expedition because the admins won't unlock additional levels for us, etc. So, I'm finally ready to leave and advance with another one. But, being a member there still gave me advantages. By aiding them, I was aiding myself (doing that has brought me lots of gold coins, a ton of valuable blueprints for Great Buildings, and a way to finish my quests). Look at it as aiding yourself, and find another guild that will make you welcome. It is out there.

When I had 80 friends and was STILL having trouble finishing tavern quests and dailies, I was so irritated. Something had to change. Lots of info here on the Forum and on YouTube gave me tips on determining which players needed to be dropped to make way for friends who would aid and come to my tavern. I did that. Problem solved. I love my friends list now.

If you auto battle, to learn how to battle, you should be able to see it. I mean how does one learn stuff in this game?

I hear you. Learning to battle has been hell for me. Seriously. I found all sorts of posts telling me where to move to kill an enemy, but not HOW physically (click on him?). This is my first battle game, so working this battle interface simply is not as obvious as it is to some. I also have a learning/memory disorder that makes it hard. But you just keep trying. I'm getting there. My first manual battle was a disaster. I did a victory dance anyway, just for biting the bullet and throwing myself into the fray.

You're not alone in your frustration, nowhere near.
I started this past May, now in Higher Middle Age.
I didn't join a guild at all until I was forced to by an Event challenge I couldn't get past, in Iron Age.
I started really enjoying the game when I slowed down to build my city UP and realized I didn't need to wheel and deal like a Big Dog (for now). For me, slow and steady wins the race.

If you do leave FoE because it's just not your preferred play style, I hope you do find something out there you like. I'm glad you posted. Take care and my best to you. (SORRY FOR THIS GAWDAWFUL LONG REPLY.)

Last edited:

Agent327

Hiya,

I have been here for about a week, I know, not too long, but long enuff to try to do stuff and to start events and such, strive for that daily and whatever....

What I do know is I have spent lots of time at games like this, I know it takes time... but this one is just not worth it. Just saying.

If you auto battle, to learn how to battle, you should be able to see it. I mean how does one learn stuff in this game? I asked questions in the guild, got no answers... it's like no one is out there, The friends are ghosts, ya know why, they left too. Like I am going to, s all those peeps that friended me are going to have to find out over time... that just sucks. If there are inactive people, do not put them in the "find friends" list. It just makes it all go wrong, get rid of them.

Now

Biggest problem here is your interpretation and expectations of the game.

Your guild should not friend you. You need to find friends outside your guild and if your guild does not talk to you, you are in the wrong guild.

Autobattle to learn how to battle? That's like sitting on hands and knees, pushing a dinky toy, to learn for your driver's licence exam. You can adjust the speed of the battle, but all you learn from autobattle is how not to battle.

You have been playing for a week. How can you even determine your friends are ghosts? Did ghosts accept your friend request?

The problem isn't the game, but the way you are trying to play it. You could find the forum to complain. Why not use it to find the info you need?

Wobblist

Some people play very casually, and a good amount of guilds are there simply for the basics. Go to the guild list and look for one thats in the top 100, with high players. Do this twice; one guild to add friends from, and the other to grow with. Message before applying to determine that they're active.

I think the game does a good job with the slow start; you learn the basics at a good pace, because once you're in iron age and can do guild expedition weekly and even guild battlegrounds, you can keep yourself busy all day. Daily challenges, seasonal events, and focusing great buildings through getting points on your return that you pay forward. You can play the game all day, but some choose to log in, collect and go. Each guild has its playstyle, you need to find your right fit. In other games, its unlikely you'll find the right guild from the get go either. Every game I've played from PS2, to PC, PS4, XBOX and mobile, I've jumped guilds/clans multiple times.

And the introductory period is slow for a reason. There's much to learn about city planning, troop strengths and weaknesses, compositions, maximum efficiency and profit return. It takes time to find a groove but thats the fun of the game. My first event was mediocre because I was still new, jumping guilds. It hurt my rewards but I learned. Now from this event I'll maximize my gains and get the best results. You can learn or you can run. But first impressions on such a complex game can be confusing, and i encourage you to look past it and do your research and learn. Best of luck.

*SodaPop*

Maybe you should try a different Guild. Some are more helpful and interactive. Try Dragon Song, we give that helping hand to new players who wish to learn.

I am fairly new and haven't had too much trouble. There will be a learning curve with any game. In some ways I think this game over simplifies things to be honest. One thing that keeps it interesting is that as you progress your thinking must change on everything. You will find some things no longer work or are necessary while you will need to add new things to make progress. The battle thing isn't bad. Not too simple but not too complex either. You can always start a battle and then click the swords to let it finish automatically while you watch. I have learned a few things from watching the AI fight itself. I was looking for a game like this to invest myself into and glad to have found it.

Agree wholeheartedly that there should be some way of telling whether someone has gone inactive (without having to sift through the history log, check cities individually etc) say after a few days. But that horse has been flogged by many and it’s not any closer to happening.

It’s one of those things, like why there’s no log in GBG actions.... that I’ll never understand.

Best way to add friends is start adding players from the top down (of the leader table), you’ll be surprised how many do accept (though most wont as you have little to offer - basic tavern, new player (likely to quit) etc.... those players have a max tavern and are more likely to stay active for a long time and as long as your reasonably active and build your tavern, most will likely keep you on.

Last edited:

Vger

Agree wholeheartedly that there should be some way of telling whether someone has gone inactive (without having to sift through the history log, check cities individually etc) say after a few days. But that horse has been flogged by many and it’s not any closer to happening.
But the solution to this problem is not hard, and has been explained on this forum a zillion times.
Every week or 2, when it's time to aid, do it from the tavern. Then see who is left to be aided. Then just drop them, or do a log and city check on them. There shouldn't be very many if you do it often enough.
This game presents a lot of challenges, but it (mostly) gives you the tools you need to solve those challenges.

But the solution to this problem is not hard, and has been explained on this forum a zillion times.
Every week or 2, when it's time to aid, do it from the tavern. Then see who is left to be aided. Then just drop them, or do a log and city check on them. There shouldn't be very many if you do it often enough.
This game presents a lot of challenges, but it (mostly) gives you the tools you need to solve those challenges.
Agreed, but I’m sure many (as you say ‘explained a zillion times’) would love a better tool for this tedious but important part of the game, like the avatar goes black after a week of being inactive or something... anything really.

Last edited:

Vger

Agreed, but I’m sure many (as you say ‘explained a zillion times’) would love a better tool for this tedious but important part of them game, like the avatar goes black after a week of being inactive or something... anything really.
I'm sure many would. It has been proposed many times, almost as much as the "Aid All" button. Aiding daily really is a tedious chore, I get why people complain about it. But aiding from tavern every few weeks to find the dropouts just doesn't fall into the tedious category for me. Farming GBG has become a more tedious aspect of this game for me than an occasional houses cleaning.

I'm sure many would. It has been proposed many times, almost as much as the "Aid All" button. Aiding daily really is a tedious chore, I get why people complain about it. But aiding from tavern every few weeks to find the dropouts just doesn't fall into the tedious category for me. Farming GBG has become a more tedious aspect of this game for me than an occasional houses cleaning.

Fair enough.

I’ve never checked the history log for inactives in over 3 years of play time and never will hehe... only when I notice things aren’t being motivated, just drop the bottom 20 or so and wait for new offers.

But yeah...just the fact it’s been ‘a zillion times’ should be a red flag to someone somewhere that something could be improved for many. Though personally think something is not done because it’ll show just how few are actually playing each world.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

Clearly (admittedly from my perspective) it isn't that big an issue to their number base or Inno would of done something to change it. Perhaps it has something to do with the type of person that ends up being a long term player (or at least willing to buy diamonds). Inno clearly has the data and if something that is 'obvious' to the player base isn't being addressed then clearly Inno doesn't see it as an issue.

Clearly (admittedly from my perspective) it isn't that big an issue to their number base or Inno would of done something to change it. Perhaps it has something to do with the type of person that ends up being a long term player (or at least willing to buy diamonds). Inno clearly has the data and if something that is 'obvious' to the player base isn't being addressed then clearly Inno doesn't see it as an issue.

Oh yeah.... not an issue simply cause nothing is done haha, unlike the PvP arena which must have had massive numbers running for the door.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

Except the PVP arena was pulled back because of the feed back so clearly the responses they've received in that regards made them rethink their plans. It's quite simple really any change that could impact their revenue will be higher priority than other issues. If after all of these years they haven't made the changes that are so "obvious" to you then it's quite clear that they don't agree with your assessment that they are issues (or that the people that really want these items aren't the ones that are likely to buy diamonds and/or stick around). In the end they don't want to make the game easier or more convenient for the player base because that isn't their primary goal. They are a for profit business which means they'll make the changes that they believe will help them keep making money on this game. And given that the game has always been a slow, steady progression time of game (again from my viewpoint) that convenience is always going to be balanced against what they think is their basic marketing approach. Or to put it another way if it caused enough players to quit then they'd change it but I'm guessing the ones that quit over that issue wouldn't of last long anyway. The game slows down dramatically as you move along in the tech tree.

Except the PVP arena was pulled back because of the feed back so clearly the responses they've received in that regards made them rethink their plans. It's quite simple really any change that could impact their revenue will be higher priority than other issues. If after all of these years they haven't made the changes that are so "obvious" to you then it's quite clear that they don't agree with your assessment that they are issues (or that the people that really want these items aren't the ones that are likely to buy diamonds and/or stick around). In the end they don't want to make the game easier or more convenient for the player base because that isn't their primary goal. They are a for profit business which means they'll make the changes that they believe will help them keep making money on this game. And given that the game has always been a slow, steady progression time of game (again from my viewpoint) that convenience is always going to be balanced against what they think is their basic marketing approach. Or to put it another way if it caused enough players to quit then they'd change it but I'm guessing the ones that quit over that issue wouldn't of last long anyway. The game slows down dramatically as you move along in the tech tree.
Because of the feedback? So why was it released live despite the pages of negative feedback on beta? Or maybe you mean the feedback in the sense of the multitude of players who ignored it or placed one unit in defence, then not to return?

Otherwise, I agree with everything else, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.