• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why is it so hard to get Expansions?

DeletedUser28213

I don't understand why I cannot gain more expansions. I don't always fight in exploring new regions since I am usually outmatched. I have diamonds that could pay for the expansions but I am not able to do that. I am now not able to go until I get to the next researched area for an expansion. Can someone help me understand why it is so hard to expand my empire?

wolfhoundtoo

There are several ways to get expansions:

1) continental map. When you've conquered or negotiated certain provinces then an expansion will become available.
2) tech tree. When you have researched certain techs you are allowed to get another expansion.
3) Victory expansions. When you have sufficient medals you can obtain another expansion. The cost of victory expansions climbs dramatically but you can get as many as you can afford to acquire with the medals that you have.
4) diamond expansions. You may acquire 2 diamonds expansions per era/age. The game puts a limitation on the number of expansions you can buy (why only Inno knows for sure). However I would venture my opinion that they limit the expansions available to keep the game somewhat balances between people willing to pay and for those who play for free. Allowing people to buy as much land as they want would probably serve to chase away starting players who either don't have the resources or don't want to pay for that many expansions.