• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why no GBG negotiation boost?

posineg

Greetings,

I had asked this a long time ago and was given some lame "to easy" answer. Now that some time has passed, why is there not a boost for negotiations?

There are plenty of battle boosts that make it plenty easy.

Thank you.

posineg

Because INNO wants you to spend those diamonds. An extra chance would cut diamond usage drastically.
This.

So to sum it up, to easy :p
Not this.

A six choice can be just a difficult as a 4 choice puzzle. I burn up 2-3 negotiations on most 6 choice. At the early attrition, that is not a major loss. After 15 attrition, the cost of a 2-3 attempt 6 choice is aggravating. After 25 attrition the attempts are too costly.

a 4th try should be a option.

Johnny B. Goode

Why would anyone negotiate GBG? Yeah, it gives two advances...at the cost of goods. Fighting gives one advance...at basically no cost if you've leveled your attack GBs/Traz sufficiently. Which is much easier than stockpiling goods.

RazorbackPirate

Why would anyone negotiate GBG? Yeah, it gives two advances...at the cost of goods. Fighting gives one advance...at basically no cost if you've leveled your attack GBs/Traz sufficiently. Which is much easier than stockpiling goods.
Really? Guess what age I've been in less than a week?

1616475893156.png

RazorbackPirate

Greetings,

I had asked this a long time ago and was given some lame "to easy" answer. Now that some time has passed, why is there not a boost for negotiations?

There are plenty of battle boosts that make it plenty easy.

Thank you.
You think the answer was lame because it's not the one you want to hear. Now that some time has passed, have the negotiations become harder? Since negotiations have stayed the same, why do you think the answer is now different?

Are you willing to have 7-10 initial choices in exchange? They give us the boost, we get harder puzzles.

Emberguard

If you get a 4th turn tavern boost for GBG you'd also be getting a much harder negotiation with more goods to choose from. This means you'd merely be increasing your costs to use GBG if you got a tavern boost for it, because a tavern boost would require increasing the difficulty level as well.

Neither negotiations nor battles are a guaranteed victory. The guaranteed cost in negotiations are compensated through gaining 2 advances instead of the 1 advance for fighting

Johnny B. Goode

Really? Guess what age I've been in less than a week?

View attachment 18579
So what? You also, on that world, have your Zeus, CoA and CdM at 80, along with a TA that is level 49, a level 41 AO, and a level 17 Kraken. Along with a city full of event/special buildings that boost your attack even higher (as well as provide tons of goods). You camp in each age for months and months, and you actively pursue higher age goods. In other words, you are an extremely active and dedicated player who does not in any way shape or form play this game casually. Which puts you in the minority, and the fact that you have single-mindedly pursued the absolute max in city production means that your city and/or inventory is not at all an example of what can easily be accomplished by the average player. If you had an Alcatraz, your att/def boost is plenty high enough to be able to auto battle GE64 in Progressive Era, and get any number of GBG battles in.

Bottom line is that you are an outlier on the higher side in both goods production and att/def boost, and your ability to quickly stockpile goods is really irrelevant to the average player, and the fact that you have enough att/def boost to battle basically for free actually supports my point. Just to refresh your memory, my point is that battling with a sufficiently high att/def boost (even if not enough to auto battle) is pretty much free, especially if the player also has a Traz.

posineg

If you get a 4th turn tavern boost for GBG you'd also be getting a much harder negotiation with more goods to choose from. This means you'd merely be increasing your costs to use GBG if you got a tavern boost for it, because a tavern boost would require increasing the difficulty level as well.

Neither negotiations nor battles are a guaranteed victory. The guaranteed cost in negotiations are compensated through gaining 2 advances instead of the 1 advance for fighting
Why make them more difficult?

There is not added cost for the battle Attack gain is there? You didn't make the battles more difficult because of the gain, did you?

Make the cost in the Tavern high, that would be a good offset.

wolfhoundtoo

There is not added cost for the battle Attack gain is there? You didn't make the battles more difficult because of the gain, did you?

Make the cost in the Tavern high, that would be a good offset.

Because much of the cost of GBG is based on some generation of revenue by the player base so if you make it easier to win you'd end up with the chance that people would be less likely to spend diamonds as a group. Tavern silver isn't much of an offset for a lot of the players in the game. Inno didn't decide on how negotiations in GBG work on a whim. Changing it to make negotiations easier impact how many goods you need to generate to do it successfully long term and the impact that has on how players approach the game.

wolfhoundtoo

gbg for me has been getting harder and i dont even have trio level 10!

Assuming you mean the 3 attack Great Buildings as the 'trio', the level of your GBs don't impact GBG difficulty. The more attrition you use the higher the attack/defense boosts. Did you by chance move to a new era recently?

Emberguard

The max attrition is 12,000% enemy boost. 30% isn’t going to mean much, it might not even be enough to change the damage output at all depending on your exact stats. Whereas a entire extra turn in negotiations is a massive game changer and has a set value

Because if you add too many turns you’re guaranteed to win without trying. You’re meant to use strategy.

Edit:
And you're right in saying there's no added costs for battles based on Tavern Boost. The point you seem to be missing is that battles are already on "normal" difficulty while negotiations were reduced (or capped rather) from "normal" to "easy" difficulty. Increasing the negotiation difficulty with the addition of a tavern boost would only be putting it back in line with "normal". But in doing so you'd also have a hefty (probably unsustainable) tavern silver cost added. Inno made it easier for you knowing there'd be no Tavern Boost

Last edited:

Nice2HaveU

if you add too many turns you’re guaranteed to win without trying. You’re meant to use strategy.
Willing to know, how to get many turns. Is it by using 50diamonds from another choice in same tavern slot. Is it possible? To try this, have to use 50 diamonds, hence asking for clarification.

For GBG, if it get introduced much useful for me and everyone who does negotiation in GBG. Doing very close to 200 successful negotiation per season all the time without spending the diamonds. Negotiation Unsuccessful count must be surely more than 200 in a season for me. IMO it is one of the best place to use our goods, but troubles a lot with attrition multiplier on goods.

For GE, after using extra turn also level 4 last four encounters making me spending the diamonds (but less number of diamonds because of extra turn). Even though having good attack boost from GBs, wanted to go for negotiation only since it gives more points to the guild (may be not true on the points, but felt like that only till today). In GE, will have a chance of 2 and 3 items to make a complete 5 set match. Like GE has coins and supplies alone to make a match or single good with coin and supplies. But in GBG always has more than 3 items to make 5 match set if am not wrong.

Also in GBG, difficult to try after goods multiplier attrition reaching 15+ where in GE it always stays with 9 or 10 max. Logically, boost should be mainly applied for GBG, but GE got the benefits.

Only in the case of having multiple turns in single negotiation makes the game easy in GBG by not spending any diamonds. But am not sure of it. Even if it does, it will be happen with the cost of 50diamonds for a certain period of time. Logically it can be maintained, since user paid the price for it.

In general, having negotiation boost for GBG is useful one for all and it will not make the game easy without spending diamonds.

King Reaper VII

GBG negotiations often leave me a 50-50 chance, I usually end of choosing correctly, that's why I try to fight more than negotiate