• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why not protect users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

So it does not affect some players. Is that a reason to put your head in the sand? Famine does not affect me. Does that mean I should not care?

Ebeondi Asi

So far we have a player saying some people cheat. The same player says Inno is not doing anything to stop them.
There is not response that can 'solve' this claim. The rest is all whitewash, or hogwash depending on your own take... On both sides.
Since the claim cannot be proven (here) and cannot be disproven (here) the arguing is meaningless. Aside from making it clear. at least one player deeply believes there is cheating in Foe.
All the rest? hot air.
Thank you for wasting time. (The game basically is to pass the time, so this thread has wasted at least a hour or do onf mine. All good. Thank you.

Johnny B. Goode

Apparently you do not comprehend that I find it a ridiculous suggestion, that will never work.
Then ignore it, like I said. The fact that you think it ridiculous is probably the best advertisement for it. Also as I said, a player asked for suggestions on what to do if submitting tickets doesn't work. Do you, in all your mighty wisdom, have any suggestions? Or are you just back to denigrating everyone else's posts? Apparently you do not comprehend that I was not talking to you in the first place, and I care not a bit about your opinion of my suggestion.

Agent327

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Words to live by.

There is a big difference between accepting what you can not change and condoning what does not affect you. Wisdom is to know THAT difference.

Then ignore it, like I said. The fact that you think it ridiculous is probably the best advertisement for it. Also as I said, a player asked for suggestions on what to do if submitting tickets doesn't work. Do you, in all your mighty wisdom, have any suggestions? Or are you just back to denigrating everyone else's posts? Apparently you do not comprehend that I was not talking to you in the first place, and I care not a bit about your opinion of my suggestion.

If you do not care about my opinion why do you keep going on about it?

You keep going on about reading comprehension. Did you miss the suggestion I made? Allow everybody to use bots. That is win/win. Players that want to can even the playing field and since it does not affect you, you don't have to do it. That way everybody is happy.

Agent327

OK three people LOL But the other two are agreeing with you. They are not on a crusade.. Just you.

Count again. I count at least double that amount, which makes it a bigger number than the "I don't care cause it does not affect me" group.

Pericles the Lion

Count again. I count at least double that amount, which makes it a bigger number than the "I don't care cause it does not affect me" group.
WOW! 6 players (give or take, I didn't count) think cheating is a big deal. Meanwhile, 200K (give or take) active players on the US server don't care enough to join in this discussion (or any other Forum discussion for that matter). Of those that do contribute to the Forum, only a dozen (give or take) have taken the time to speak up on this thread. Ya think that INNO doesn't see this? If you are so passionate about this you should submit a properly formatted idea describing your suggestions for improvement and have it put to a vote.

Agent327

WOW! 6 players (give or take, I didn't count) think cheating is a big deal. Meanwhile, 200K (give or take) active players on the US server don't care enough to join in this discussion (or any other Forum discussion for that matter). Of those that do contribute to the Forum, only a dozen (give or take) have taken the time to speak up on this thread. Ya think that INNO doesn't see this? If you are so passionate about this you should submit a properly formatted idea describing your suggestions for improvement and have it put to a vote.

WOW! Talk about totally irrelevant comments. It doesn't matter how many players care about it. All that matters is that Inno has found it important enough to put in the Game Rules and TOS. Nowhere do I see them mention there needs to be a minimum number of players to care about it.

Submit a properly formatted idea. Real good one! Where?

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Good morning.

Guys, it's the last time I'll warn you about this: if you want to have a discussion like this, use the PMs. You're crossing a line, and this topic is losing the purpose. It's becoming destructive to the community instead of something nice.

If you insist "throwing punches" at each other we may have to moderate your posts and you might end up punished, and it's not the way we'd like to follow. We'd rather have you participating here in a friendly way - if or when you can't, maybe it's just better to take a step back and relax for a while...

Have a nice day.

iPenguinPat

So far we have a player saying some people cheat. The same player says Inno is not doing anything to stop them.
There is not response that can 'solve' this claim. The rest is all whitewash, or hogwash depending on your own take... On both sides.
Since the claim cannot be proven (here) and cannot be disproven (here) the arguing is meaningless. Aside from making it clear. at least one player deeply believes there is cheating in Foe.
All the rest? hot air.
Thank you for wasting time. (The game basically is to pass the time, so this thread has wasted at least a hour or do onf mine. All good. Thank you.

There is zero question is happening. Inno knows this. During a q&a, one of the devs clearly stated the reason for the quest abort limit was because bot users.

Notice that the solution does nothing to identify or stop the issue. And notice that players that aren't cheating have been affected by this awful solution. (Mostly when a new age comes out, and they are doing rq's to generate mass goods)

As players that are fully aware of the cheating going on, We're asking for inno to lay down real, long lasting punishment directly on the players that are cheating.

of course there aren't tons of players on the forum saying things. Most players/users don't give feedback. If they're frustrated enough, they just quit and move to a new game. For the type that are inclined to give feedback, this forum has historically not been kind to new members or outsiders, and those players have been chased off by the forum power users.

It feels like Harry Potter, and the way the ministry of magic denies voldamort is alive and active.

"He's alive!" -when people finally see what's so obviously in front of them.

RaymondCityCR

Inno is shooting itself in the foot with this one. Neither the players nor Inno can back up their claims that Inno did/did not do something due to forum rules. Some content here has been removed by Inno, which is likely evidence of cheating (here) (Edit: this was apparently just something offensive, not cheating, I was wrong). Why are the rules there anyway? Why stifle discussion on topics like this?

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

The content that was removed is universally off topic or attacking another player or disparaging Inno. .

I agree this topic is useless. For that exact reason. There is nothing but conjecture in any of the posts.
The only actual facts of all of it is that Inno did, in fact, stop another companies product (that allowed easier sniping) to be banned. And anyone still using it to get punished/stopped from playing. and the product has very effectively been removed from use in the game. that is a 100% verifiable fact.
The second verifiable fact is that Inno chose to block RQs over 2000 a day. Why, is again conjecture. All one can say is they did it. Period. all the rest is hot vapor.

Flynn013

Since the abort limit on RQs was put in place to stop bot users maybe there should be a fight limit as well. If there were a time delay between each fight it would limit the bots to the same speed as real players. I'm sure that the average time taken to do one fight could be established through a test group of actual players to set up a reasonable delay that wouldn't slow the game for anyone but a bot.

Ebeondi Asi

The "average time" why average? why not the fastest time. I can click way faster. Am i supposed to wait because slow people take a lot longer?
Usually stuff to help slow, weak and poor players sucks. the game is about doing better. not doing average.

Last edited:

Agent327

Since the abort limit on RQs was put in place to stop bot users maybe there should be a fight limit as well. If there were a time delay between each fight it would limit the bots to the same speed as real players. I'm sure that the average time taken to do one fight could be established through a test group of actual players to set up a reasonable delay that wouldn't slow the game for anyone but a bot.

A time delay isn't a limit. A limit is you can only do 2000 fights in GBG every 24 hrs.

Johnny B. Goode

Since the abort limit on RQs was put in place to stop bot users maybe there should be a fight limit as well.
If there were a fight limit (and I like that idea, provided it's a number limit), then there should be a negotiation limit, too. But each should apply to specific game features, such as separate limits (per player) for GvG and GBG. I think those are the only two areas that would be relevant to either a fight or negotiation limit as far as the concept of limiting the benefits of cheating with bots. There's no other area where unlimited fights/negotiations are even theoretically possible. GE has a hard limit of 64 encounters, PVP Arena stops being worthwhile after 100,000 points, there's a hard limit on neighborhood fights and C-Map fights/negotiations, too. So if a # limit were put in place for GvG and GBG, there would be little to no benefit to cheating with bots.

Of course, then the "non-cheating" GvG/GBG fanatics would cry bloody murder, because their version of amassing unbelievable amounts of resources would then be curtailed to some extent, too. Never mind that it would then be the "level playing field" they've all been screaming for.

And then there's the small guilds who would once again cry that their fantasy of being able to compete with larger guilds has taken another hit.

So we're basically stuck here. GvG/GBG fanatics frothing at the mouth about cheating and claiming that Inno is doing nothing. Inno stating over and over that they're doing all they can to stop cheating. Probably some uncertain number of players that actually are cheating at GvG/GBG. (Although who knows why. GvG only gives you bragging rights for rankings. GBG gives tons of rewards, but you can get tons without cheating anyway. Probably trying to make up for the fact that they're losers in real life and cheating makes them feel superior in some demented way.) And the majority of us just playin' the game and not worrying about bots/scripts/whatever.

Agent327

Although who knows why. GvG only gives you bragging rights for rankings. GBG gives tons of rewards, but you can get tons without cheating anyway. Probably trying to make up for the fact that they're losers in real life and cheating makes them feel superior in some demented way. And the majority of us just playin' the game and not worrying about bots/scripts/whatever.

From the start of the game, people have been cheating with push accounts for bragging rights. Yes you can get tons without cheating, but you can also aid without an aid all button, or sit in taverns without a sit all button. Yet, players keep asking about it over and over again. Some just cheat cause it makes it all a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.