• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why Selling Army Building takes away units we've trained and paid for?

DeletedUser28585

I have a question about selling army buildings. Why do we lose the units along with buildings? They supposed to stay unattached until they die in battle. Where's the logic in making them redundant with building? The whole idea of *unattached units* is having no building to regenerate. Why punishing players for upgrading their army by taking away what they've already paid for (as in training the units)?
I think it changed at some point recently. I remember them being treated the sensible way few months ago...

DeletedUser9930

@helovesme -- The units you 'train' are attached to the military building as they've always been (well, since I joined in late 2013). The point is that these units don't cost diamonds to regenerate, unless you want troops right away. Unattached units come as rewards for completing various tasks.

If I intend to sell a military building, I often seek to use up the troops associated with said establishment, i.e., I use'm to attack something. ;-)

DeletedUser8152

I reckon the troops go away because they live in the building.

DeletedUser11463

Since they don't have a barracks to live in, they went AWOL. They are currently in your city drinking beverages and cavorting. The unassigned troops are mercs, so they have their own accommodations.

Algona

Since they don't have a barracks to live in, they went AWOL. They are currently in your city drinking beverages and cavorting. The unassigned troops are mercs, so they have their own accommodations.

I bet those guys eventually get arrested, thrown in Traz, and then recruited as unattached troops.