• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why should it be impossible to complete an Event if a player does not want to Age up?

DeletedUser2892

Again. Players cannot get to the end of the upcoming Event without completing "Research 1 technology." This forces a player to move up to the next Age to complete the Event and procure the big prize at the end.

Just the other day I couldn't understand why I did not have a "Speakers Corner". Out of respect for the game and its employees - it just didn't make sense that I didn’t have one. I then was looking at the new Halloween quest line and remembered why. This event has a "Research 1 technology" in the quest line as did the Memorial Event.

I play on many worlds and I decided to challenge myself and see how far I could take a city without aging it up.

Shame on me for thinking outside the box. Hey Inno folks – is it too late to fix this oversite?

qaccy

Not aging up is kind of the opposite of a challenge. Everything is easier in the lower ages, and there are definitely ways to circumvent whatever 'challenges' there might be for a low-age player.

Basically, if you're choosing not to advance in age (remember, the game is designed for you to keep progressing), then you're also kind of choosing not to acquire event rewards. Decide which is more worth it to you.

DeletedUser9433

First of all it is obviously not an oversight. Most people who do as you do don't buy diamonds, Inno is a for profit business, not here as a charity. So don't hold your breath, there is no requirement to complete an event.

Ylisaveta

From http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Halloween_Event
It allow you to contribute instead of research.

But how about scout a province? Or acquire one? Those may be a problem. You need to get more provinces, from higher ages pretty soon.

There were 3 quests in beta that included researching a tech: the one you indicated, which had an alternate; another nearer the end with an alternate; and one with no alternate.

DeletedUser2892

Sorry, I have bought diamonds but not spent any on this city to make it a real challenge. And if you look at my city - you can see that it is more challenging to do what I am doing.
E World  GB city on US server  10 17 2016    .jpg

DeletedUser26829

If you are in the middle of progressing through an age, than completing the research on one topic doesn't necessarily move you into the next Age..

Mustapha00

Seems to me the obvious solution would be to provide alternative ways to complete quest steps (as it appears Inno did here) in every case.