• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

why would a guild have complete ge in 1 day

We have a whole week to complete it. its just a waste of medals. Use em in the arena instead and stick with mid level targets. When you used up all the expansions.. but definitely build up temple. how fast you complete don't matter. I get the 64 by thursday

Ebeondi Asi

Why do some people finish earlier than you? Because they can?
I finish GE all at once mainly to not have to bother later on. The Medals are nothing, if a player takes an active role in 1.9(x) threads. (in a big Guild... If your guild have five od ten players, not gonna be near enough Medals from doing 1.9's

Mor-Rioghain

To the individual the expedition is all about the personal rewards and of course the fighting but for a guild it's entirely about bragging rights. There are many players who take great pride in undefeated GE records. Truth is that this entire game is based on two premises: puzzling out riddles and competition. If the guild's requirements in the expedition are not manageable with your schedule then you should probably be looking for a guild that doesn't have such stringent requirements. I see a requirement like this as absolutely no different than a certain number of advances in battlegrounds, fighting or providing support to GvG efforts, or a requisite number of goods deposited into the guild's treasury either through passive collections or outright manual donations.

The truth is if you time it correctly, you can finish GE in one day with little or no expenditure of medals for extra turns. You begin with 8 so use them up as soon as the expedition begins. Then allow the next 8 to accrue over the next 8 hours and so on. Even if you had the worst of luck on earning extra attempts awarded in the chests, you'd have 1/2 of the expedition covered just by carefully stacking your encounters (which can easily be done even if you work 8-10 hour shifts). And as @*Enoch* stated, there are more than ample opportunities through judicious use of 1.x threads. (Honestly, nowadays with all of the event items that literally spew medals out upon daily collections I find it hard to believe that anyone with a city that is older than a couple of months would find medals hard to get!)

stymie of Suwannee

I finish GE in 30 hours, out of greed. That’s handy cause when my guild declares a race to win 1st, I’ll finish faster, if necessary. Given time, the amount of medals mean nothing (at Modern, much cheaper).

Emberguard

For fun.

Racing to see how fast I can do it is fun. I can easily do it in 20 minutes with enough attempts. Especially in the lower Ages where it's still cheap to buy additional attempts with Medals. In the higher Ages I'm not so concerned about it unless I absolutely have to as then I'd have to use diamonds (attempts are too expensive to buy with Medals later on in the Ages)

For a Guild in general it'd be so they can win the Trophy that says they did better than everyone else. Whoever finishes first gets the Gold trophy

Angel.

We have a whole week to complete it. its just a waste of medals. Use em in the arena instead and stick with mid level targets. When you used up all the expansions.. but definitely build up temple. how fast you complete don't matter. I get the 64 by thursday
Matt i have no use for medles now so i finish ge to get it done

Xenosaur

And to some guilds, it's about team building (finding people that understand the commitment to win each week...) and the the team work to consistently execute a GE strategy so that it demonstrates a perfect record ...

Over 2 years, some guilds in this game have perfect GE records - ALL GOLD victories, in the 3 digits (104). Some 4 year GE records include GOLD wins just over 200 GOLD cups, and possibly 1 or 2 silver. And up it goes.

Then again - some guilds don't care about their record.

Now - tell anyone in the real world that "you're on a team that executed 200 straight TOP HONOR victories in a row", over 4 years and they might be impressed too.

To be a part of that and contribute to that record is something to be very proud of in a game that focuses more on individual achievements. GE, and GvG are about teamwork. When GbG was released, competitive records weren't part of it. Now, they are - GbG allows demonstrating TEAM class bragging rights.

Sometimes, you gotta PRESS IT - TO BANK IT. As many said - it's a race, from the second you know the competition (or even before...)

Xenosaur

Yes @Sharmon the Impaler ! Watch the generosity and selflessness explode outwards within the guild as everyone gushes to help those fellow members that need medals or goods in a true competitive race!

Whatever is needed - usually appears :)

Fabulous !

stonekhold

Why do some people finish earlier than you? Because they can?
I finish GE all at once mainly to not have to bother later on. The Medals are nothing, if a player takes an active role in 1.9(x) threads. (in a big Guild... If your guild have five od ten players, not gonna be near enough Medals from doing 1.9's
maybe, but 4 people can whiz to the end faster than you can coordinate 48 and there is many ways to get medals.

Mor-Rioghain

maybe, but 4 people can whiz to the end faster than you can coordinate 48 and there is many ways to get medals.
The liklihood of the computer matching up guilds with that high a variance in number of members is so high is practically impossible but most definitely improbable. Having said that, if you've never been in a guild that has a whole bunch of competitive sorts who pride themselves on their racks of Gold Trophies, you've not experienced what was for a time galled GE-64. These are people who are literally waiting for the 'opening bell' and they ALL race to the finish. I've seen guilds of 30-35+ finish all encounters within 15 minutes. Slam dunk. That can't be beat.

The Angry Blanket

When I am racing in GE my best time is 11m 43secs and that is fighting as fast as my mouse can click and buying up attempts as soon as I finish the ones available. 7 minutes seems a little improbable. I was really hauling it for the under 12 mins with no errors or hesitation and I haven’t beaten that time yet. Click , click , collect , next and repeat until the last is done. Not much slack to trim 5 minutes off of it.
I thought I was moving fast at 10 minutes. but they beat me pretty easy.

Dursland

I can do GE in under 10 minutes, we have guild members that are just over 7 minutes.
7 minutes is around my best time too. It's tough to get it done much quicker than that - limited by physics lmao.

When I finished all medal expansions in Zorskog I would burn through GE before accepting daily challenge so I wouldn't have to use goods for it (asking me to neg encounters).

When you have all expansions finished even space age medals cost doesn't matter much, as long as you are active in gaining them back.

Johnny B. Goode

I'm going to say that there is zero chance of a 4 member guild being matched up with anything near a 48 member guild. Since GE is cross-world, there is no shortage of guilds at every size range, so absolutely no reason to match up guilds with wildly different membership numbers, especially since the only criteria for matching up guilds is membership numbers. Before I went to just solo guilds, I was in two different guilds that did GE championships for over 2 years each and there was never much discrepancy in the sizes of the guilds we were matched with.

not me Not worried about racing through . I work my temple with it. working on getting temple out of sweet spot after I do a little round robin.

Ranger37

the guild might what to be number one and they are trying to beat ever other guild to it guilds with requirements like that are mainly for people who enjoy doing battles