• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wiki!

DeletedUser4770

Please place any comments, changes, or suggestions to the Wiki here. We appreciate your feedback.

The Forge of Empires Team

ITown

The Great Buildings page should be more accessible, in my opinion. The only way I found it was by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the Buildings page. GBs page should have its own link on the side.

DeletedUser23444

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome Inno Games to the 21st Century, they are only about a decade behind though. Most of us have been relying on or contributing to a Wiki about Forge of Empires for years now.

DeletedUser26120

What advantages will this offer over the already-existing wikia?

qaccy

It's going to be hard for a new one to surpass the one that's already available, though. While not perfect, it's still a pretty thorough resource and it's got a big head start on brand acceptance from the playerbase.

DeletedUser23444

Another thing to consider is that those of us active in the FoE community can post changes and additions directly to Wikia web site, which is actually what makes any wiki website powerful—the community who consumes the content, also helps maintain the content.

Now I am certain that the prospect of letting us help add or edit content to their wiki makes the Inno Games support team cringe. But my prediction is that so long as players cannot help expand or correct the content, then the FoE wiki will play second fiddle to the Wikia.

All of that said, though i was quite impressed with some of the section on the official FoE wiki. So I don't want my comment to seem like I'm knocking the FoE wiki at all, All wikis start somewhere. The critical success factor is in how the wiki is allowed to expand and keep up to date.

"Many hands make light work." That is the whole concept behind a successful wiki web site.

DeletedUser25273

I can see an official Wiki being a great place to put official information about all the features that we can better trust to be accurate and complete (there is always a chance of errors, but they should be much less on an official site). The one big limitation is some information that the game has chosen to make 'hidden' (like some quest rewards) are unlikely to be indicated on the official site, but tend to be disclosed (with spoiler traps) on the volunteer site. Of course, the volunteer site tends to have large and at times random holes in its data, while the official site is more apt to be complete in the parts it has taken on.

DeletedUser26120

The pages definitely need to be more descriptive.

On the wikia, for each building, there is a paragraph about it. Like Vitruvian Man, on the wiki it just lists a table and a picture and a couple brief phrases.

On the wikia it has
The Vitruvian Man is a special building, which was given as a promotional registration reward for a period of time in 2013. During a "Da Vinci's Demons" event in Italy, sponsored by InnoGames, fans could register for Forge of Empires via a special link and receive Vitruvian Man.

The Vitruvian Man provides happiness. When the Vitruvian Man is polished its output of happiness is doubled for 12 hours.

The Vitruvian Man does not require any road connection.

This makes the wikia page of far higher quality. The only advantage the wiki page has is that it lists how many points the building is worth - but still lags far behind.

DeletedUser25950

All I can say , is the wiki seems to have some serious "flash crasher" stuff happen in its autoplay ads. If I leave the wiki open on a second tab , it will ALWAYS crash my flash and the game within 30mins to an hour or so. Never fails. The autoplay for ads or whatever should be disabled or auto stop at the end the first ad, or those ads need to be screened much better. IDK , the actual Java issues, but something is wrong. I file save whatever page and then open it it from file, to avoid having wiki opened online while playing.

DeletedUser11824

This new Wiki is severely lacking in helpful info, particularly about Great Buildings. Where is the data on FP's required for each level, rewards, and the payouts at higher levels. Try searching an event like "Summer Event" and you get 500 pages of items that fit all summer events ever held. 500 Pages! And the topics listed don't seem to be in any particular order. Who wants to wade through that. Search Halloween Event and all you get is pictures of the various graveyards. Where is the list of quests for the event. I'd gladly pay whomever is running http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/. Who cares if they have a few ads up. It's truly an encyclopedia of USEFUL information about the game.

FoE, you missed the mark big time on this Wiki. Would rather have you fixing the game instead of creating more useless garbage.

Feirefis

I am missing the calculation of points in battles:
How much does a specific troop add to points when killed?
What factors exist and how do they improve battle-points?
In what way does the first wave count to the points in a two-wave battle in GE?
Thanx.

DeletedUser8152

I am missing the calculation of points in battles:
How much does a specific troop add to points when killed?
What factors exist and how do they improve battle-points?
In what way does the first wave count to the points in a two-wave battle in GE?
Thanx.
On our own forum, here are the troop point values for each unit.

Battle points are calculated as:
[ (Points for enemy troops killed) - 0.5*(points for your troops injured/killed) ]*(Happiness factor)

Two wave battles are calculated poorly: the total points for the battle is just twice the points earned in the second battle.

DeletedUser18114

First, I'd like to see a clear definition of what Forge of Empires is all about. There seems to be a lot of debate on that. Some players staunchly insist it's a "game of war", while others fully believe it to be a game of evolution. Just put it out there. Is this game intended to be a seniority based bullying system designed to ensure that those who've played the longest shall forever rule over all newbies who'll be fed to them on a regular basis until they finally get bored and quit playing, or die? Or does the Wiki have a section that explains what GB or bonus boosts can be purchased or rewarded that will actually give players with less then 2 years of tenure a fighting chance against those charter players who have nothing better to do other then slaughter players just learning the game. So far, I've found nothing and honestly I'd have loved to seen that information prior to investing my time and my money in a "game of war".

Second, what's the point of a Wiki anyway? There's already several resources posted about FoE that go further then Inno will ever find the time (or need) to do so. I'd think Inno developer time would be better spent fixing issues (like hood mergers) then duplicating a resource that is likely to go ignored anyway. Everything needing discussed on a Wiki has been discussed on your forums. Just "sticky" the relevant facts and let the rest fade away.

kandoo212

Forge of Empires, from its inception, has had a built-in flaw that has yet to be addressed and corrected. This should be given #1 priority by the Devs. FoE allows players from the Future or even the Arctic Future to attack and plunder players in much lower Ages who don't have a prayer of defending themselves. What kind of "honor" and "glory" is there in preying upon the defenseless? It's akin to matching a high school softball team with the World Champion Chicago Cubs or matching a featherweight boxer with a heavyweight. It is inane, disgraceful and below the dignity of Inno Games. Wake up and do something about it!

Last edited:

DeletedUser25273

It only has that flaw in the rare case where an imbalenced neighborhood is created. I say rare because from my experience, and talking with others, it doesn't occur that often, but there is a strong case of observer bias, because when it does happen (and it does) it tends to be very noticed.

Yes, I think the game would be better if neighborhood algorithm was adjusted so that the worse cases of this didn't happen. If after every shuffle, no neighborhood had more than a limited age span in it. (I think a bit of a span is useful, 2-3 ages at least, but the big ranges are what seems to cause the most problems). I don't know if some of this is intentional, or just that the Inno programmers haven't been able to fix it for some reason (I hope the latter).

kandoo212

It only has that flaw in the rare case where an imbalenced neighborhood is created. I say rare because from my experience, and talking with others, it doesn't occur that often, but there is a strong case of observer bias, because when it does happen (and it does) it tends to be very noticed.

Yes, I think the game would be better if neighborhood algorithm was adjusted so that the worse cases of this didn't happen. If after every shuffle, no neighborhood had more than a limited age span in it. (I think a bit of a span is useful, 2-3 ages at least, but the big ranges are what seems to cause the most problems). I don't know if some of this is intentional, or just that the Inno programmers haven't been able to fix it for some reason (I hope the latter).