• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

King Richard I

Not a big fan of the minigame in this event. Very frustration to clear all visible paws in the first few moves and unable to start a new game while retaining unused moves. Seems to waste moves hoping for another paw to appear.

saknika

Not a fan of this particular minigame. It's incredibly difficult to earn enough coins to get the big pack of boosters, and it seems like without the boosters you can't progress on certain boards to get anywhere. Not only that, but I've played games outside of FoE with this particular mechanic (click the items that match to clear it and get prizes), and I've never liked them. Ever. It's just not a game for me, so now to have to play it to get a prize is just frustrating. I understand that Inno is trying new things to mix it up, but this one is just tedious. Too tedious, in my opinion. And, it makes it feel like I can't guarantee that by putting in effort I'll at least come out of this with the final prize, and that's the real cincher for me. I don't particularly mind having to push through a mini game I'm not fond of so long as I know, without a shred of doubt, that doing so will get me the final prize. This one does not give me that feeling.

ZeeAnn

This event is poorly done. Not only does it commonly start you in a candy crush game with literally 1 tile around the paws (so that you can’t even drop it down), there have been games where I had 1 paw and no more appeared even after having 20+ moves left. I play candy crush style games myself but this is way more difficult to find matching pairs that can “assist” with the bottom single tiles. This is EVEN more difficult when you create a chest and you STILL have to drop those chests and can’t even use their colors to match with other single tiles. If you don’t have hammers you’re basically toast, stuck, and wasted your entire ticket.

Speaking of hammers, why are we only getting 10 paw coins for a quest when just a single hammer costs 55? Or a large package is 1230? Seriously? Seems like Inno doesn’t want us to get the max level unless you spend diamonds.

Grand prize is upgrade every other 2 prizes. If we’re literally averaging 0-1 paws each game there’s just no way (especially when we don’t even get enough paw coins to buy large tool packages several times to help with the mini game). And the tickets take 8 hours to build. It’s a joke. If I finish all the quests and actively play each ticket I should be able to get max level comfortably. You guys made it feel impossible.

You are exactly right. That is precisely what this event is for, to make money. Players can't win without spending real money, and a lot of it, on this one. Unless you have a diamond factory shard or 10. I'm pretty turned off by it, it's making me rethink if I want to keep playing this game if going forward those who don't mind spending $$$$ will be the only ones who can get the good stuff.

ZeeAnn

Although I like that we got a new event, I just don't really care for this one. Playing the event (not the quests) is a bit time consuming and requires a lot of thinking and planning ahead. I'll probably finish it because I finish all events but I most likely won't enjoy it.
I agree. I hate this game. The tools are way out of line expensive, and it takes an inordinate amount of time to try to figure out the best way to click each set of blocks to get a drop where you want it, and then the lack of tools makes a lot of it go belly up in the last row anyways. It's like playing chess you have to think so far ahead. I don't have time for that at all, so I'm skating through it without any expectation of achieving the event building.

Bob the Elf

Although I like that we got a new event, I just don't really care for this one. Playing the event (not the quests) is a bit time consuming and requires a lot of thinking and planning ahead. I'll probably finish it because I finish all events but I most likely won't enjoy it.
I’m disappointed in this event. It takes way too much time form the main game and the seemingly random layout of the tiles makes it just luck if you get anything from it. Unlike Keith, I doubt very much that I’ll finish it. It just doesn’t have that appeal.

Zatrikon

If people want to play a block-popping puzzle game, there are hundreds to choose from.

People who play FoE do so because they want to play a civilization-building, tech-developing, resource-management, and tactical combat game.

I think it's generally a bad idea to try to make this game into a whole different type of game - especially a type that is completely different from what attracted people to this game in the first place.

Yugi the 7empest

People who play FoE do so because they want to play a civilization-building, tech-developing, resource-management, and tactical combat game.

I think it's generally a bad idea to try to make this game into a whole different type of game - especially a type that is completely different from what attracted people to this game in the first place.
Almost every event has a mini game. Not a single mini game in any event has anything to do with building a civilization. Last I checked, you don't have to actually play the mini game or partcipate in the event in order to play FOE. (Good gawd, I'm starting to sound like RP and Ethan) :D:D

Zatrikon

Every event has a mini game. Not a single mini game in any event has anything to do with building a civilization. Last I checked, you don't have to actually play the mini game or partcipate in the event in order to play FOE. (Good gawd, I'm starting to sound like RP and Ethan) :D:D
Last I checked, this was a feedback thread.

But just in case they need further explanation, none of the other mini games require this kind of effort to get through. Most are just quests with various prizes and bonuses. And the quests have the same general style as the rest of the game (combats, negotiations, gathering resources, etc.) There is one, however, the St. Patrick's Day event, which is in fact about resource management and tech development, and has some parallels to the base game - unlocking new buildings, upgrading them, etc.

Yugi the 7empest

There is one, however, the St. Patrick's Day event, which is in fact about resource management and tech development, and has some parallels to the base game - unlocking new buildings, upgrading them, etc.
Good point about St. Paddy's day. It does have the development component. Don't get me wrong, this current mini game is poorly designed IMO. Tools are way too expensive and, if you're a F2P player, you will not have enough coins to buy the booster pack until about midway through the event. This in turn forces you to slow roll the quest line to avoid having too many tickets and thereby not utilizing the "every 8 hour" ticket. It would not be good strategy to use more than the "every 8 hour" ticket without access to tools since the more you play, the more chances you might need those tools.

RazorbackPirate

You are exactly right. That is precisely what this event is for, to make money. Players can't win without spending real money, and a lot of it, on this one. Unless you have a diamond factory shard or 10. I'm pretty turned off by it, it's making me rethink if I want to keep playing this game if going forward those who don't mind spending $$$$ will be the only ones who can get the good stuff.
I have no intention of spending $$$$ and I fully expect to get a full prize for free.

BTW - You realize Inno is a business and it's the game that generates their revenue.

Altercus

Great event building, frustrating crap mini-game. The tools are ridiculously expensive and making progress with the paw prints is just as much luck as it is strategy. If the blocks are impossible to line up then it doesn't matter how much brainpower you use.

Unlike some people, I don't give a flying crap about how interesting some mini-game might be, I'm only doing it for the event building to advance my city. Just the same as why I go through months of mindless grinding in settlements. It's not because settlements are fun, it's because the buildings are too important to not have.

Ironrooster

As I play the mini game, I am getting better at it. It's a little tricky with the chest remaining after clearing a block of 5+, have to pay attention to where you want it to appear. Since the supply of coins is very limited, part of the game is learning when and where to use the tools. I buy the individual tools when I can use 1 of them to good advantage, the windmill being the most useful.

In my main city I have 5 levels of the building with 1 more in the quest line and needing 43 paws for the next one in the grand prize list. With 16 days to go, I expect to easily have the 7 levels needed. My other 2 cities also have 5 levels.

My only issue with the event is the amount of time it takes to play the mini game. Definitely not a click-bang-click-bang.... type of game.

sml-man

This new "event" is a serious source of frustration. The puzzles are horrible and you do not have enough coins to buy what you need to get through them. They start with no paws get locked up and the best you can do is collect a few coins. I understand providing a challenge but this is ridiculous. It is because of this event that there is a vacuum in outer space. Its as bad as the daily quests are getting. If any of the dailies involve collecting from the taverns or very large armies I dont even bother.

kingofpain

I am not a fan of the new wildlife event. It takes too much strategy in figuring which pieces to clear and see what drops down and trying to line up blocks. Also you cant reset a board, If you start a new level and the board has no paws visible you have to waste moves to find the paws

RealRhyus

I am very disappointed in this event. The quests on the city map are fine, except that you are giving us WAY to little coins. We are getting like 10 to 30 coins per quest completion, if they even have a coin reward. That is totally horrible, especially when things cost WAY too much in the mini-game for the event. It costs 65 coins just to get 10 more moves once you run out of them on your current board. It also costs 55 coins for a mallet, 80 for a windmill and 120 for a lightning. What kind of pricing is that?? And then even if you purchase a bundle, you either pay 660 for the small bundle or 1230 for the large bundle. Wow...is this supposed to be a pay-to-win only event, because that is the way it feels. The archeology event, we were getting around 40 scrolls or more for each quest that gave it out as a reward and to purchase the tools, you would spend 10 on a brush, 35 on shovel and 50 on dynamite and then the bundles cost 195 and 395 for small and then large. These prices are WAY much lower for an event that actually had a flow to it. This mini game has no flow to it. As I've read, I've seen a map that has no paws on it, even after 25 moves. The game should be filled with at least 10% paws on any given board, TO START, not less than 1%. The prices for the tools should be at least 50% lower, probably 75% to be matching up with your other event pricings. Hell, the other events actually GAVE you tools that you can pick up on the map, which was very helpful in completing those events. If anything, you should only have one "map" for this candy crush type event and just give us moves for each ticket used, like 25 or the option to start a new board. Please put this event back on the drawing board and FIX it for the next time you might use it.

Oh, for the frustration that this event has caused most of us (my guild agrees that this is a horrible event), you should give us enough Upgrade Kits for the mountain so that it can be completed to everyone that got at least the entire quest line complete, since they did show they wanted to participate in the event, but was too frustrated to do the mini game.

RazorbackPirate

I am not a fan of the new wildlife event. It takes too much strategy in figuring which pieces to clear and see what drops down and trying to line up blocks. Also you cant reset a board, If you start a new level and the board has no paws visible you have to waste moves to find the paws
Repeating the same untruth over and over doesn't change the fact that every board will contain at least one paw when you start. Happy to be wrong on this, but without a screen cap showing a board with no paws and 25 moves left, it's fake news.

Please, prove me wrong.

I average 2+ Paws a game in 4 worlds, and have not used any tools.

Luck is getting a good or bad board at the start. But then you have 25 moves to be strategic.

My basic approach:

• Always start by focusing only on getting paws
  • Remember that chest contents are rubbish.
  • The real utility of chests, is when you use creation of chests strategically; i.e. as a tool.
    • Creating chests help line up other blocks, as the blocks to build the chest are removed. Can be used a bit like a multi-whack hammer
    • Carefully placing the created chest can also help line up colored blocs.
    • And, similar to a mini-lightening tool, creating a chest helps remove a whole bunch of the same-colored blocks.

Portia the Benevolent

Every single game I've played has had at least one paw showing when the game starts, and I've played about 20 boards so far.

When this event was on Beta, Inno changed the games to make sure that there was always at least one paw showing at the start of a game, so if you are actually starting a game with zero paws, you should immediately screenshot your board and file a ticket with support, since I'm pretty certain that zero paws at start isn't intended and would be a bug.

Inno did make a lot of changes to the game between Beta and Live, so maybe something happened to cause this during those changes. I've also noticed that Inno reduced the number of coins won from the daily quests from 25 to 20, so I'm starting to think that getting a second event building for free might be impossible, and the chances of keeping the price to finish a second one for cheap might not be likely either.
I Cannot tell you how many zero paws I’ve gotten at the start of new levels. I would say 80% of the time. This game is by far the worst ever put out.