• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

Joeyjojojo

I think we should be able to see the board and to use tools even after all moves have been exhausted. Also because it requires some planning/thought the mini-game is more time consuming than other events have been, but extra time because I have to pay attention and think is preferred to extra time waiting for the same animation to complete again, and again, and again.

One particularly odd thing in this event: The packages are bad options to take. There are a few reasons for this, but the big one is that only 2 of the 3 tools are really useful (the last one can be good but it is the most expensive and it changes the board dramatically so is much harder to work with). Between that and the relatively high cost for tools, dropping a lot of coins on one of the package deals is actually a bad investment. After you've used up the free ones, don't buy anything unless the purchase will get you 2 paws--that may mean extra turns, as JBG said, but I've had several instances where a hammer or pinwheel will get me 2-3 paws and extra turns won't get me anything. If you can't get 2 paws from a purchase, don't buy anything.

That all said, I've liked this event for a few reasons. It is something different (not always good but even when something fails, I like to see Inno trying something new). Also, it is pretty easy to get the main building maxed out *even if you didn't have the surprise box from the last event* and it doesn't require knowing a special strategy in the beginning: just focus on getting paws in the mini-game, and don't waste moves/coins/tools.

RazorbackPirate

While I'm still enjoying the event overall including the mini-game, as I've stated in this thread already, and had no problem getting my first event building for free (or will when I finish the daily quests), I have noticed that it appears that Inno has made it impossible to get a second building for free on live.

Even after spending 2400 (free) diamonds on event coins and using many of those coins pretty wisely, it appears that I still won't get a second building fully leveled. This mostly has to do with changes made between the event being on beta and coming to live, specifically: the reduction of tickets from every 6 hours to 8 hours, reduction of daily quest coins from 25 to 20, and removal of tickets from the daily quests.

Overall while still a good event, these changes have made playing it less fun and rewarding then playing it on beta.
When I saw players posting videos about getting 2 full Mountains for free, the reduction in tickets and coins makes sense. As one main prize for free is the standard, it's clear Inno overpowered the event on Beta. Being a completely new event and mini game, a rebalance before going live makes perfect sense.

Kranyar the Mysterious

When I saw players posting videos about getting 2 full Mountains for free, the reduction in tickets and coins makes sense. As one main prize for free is the standard, it's clear Inno overpowered the event on Beta. Being a completely new event and mini game, a rebalance before going live makes perfect sense.
I agree that getting two for free is op, and I really didn't expect to get a second for free, but I was hoping that I might be able to get a second one for a reasonable amount of diamonds, but it's looking like a second one is going to be sitting somewhere over 10k diamonds, and imho no building in this game is worth 50+ dollars. $10-$20 is pushing it in my book, but maybe that is just me.

It would be nice though if the event was set up to make it possible to get a second building for free if you were able to strategize properly or be an average player spending 2-5k diamonds, while a better than average player (or casual player who spends moderate diamonds) would get one building plus some upgrades, and a single building would be achievable for the average player who completes the quest line. #2 and #3 are already pretty much the way the events have been set up for awhile now, including this one. I think it would be nice to see #1 implemented better for top players/moderate spenders, since the way it appears to be currently set up is that only whales can get a second building (or more).

iPenguinPat

Agree 100%. A video about getting 2 full event prizes for free was like asking for the event to get nerfed to death. The only real issue with that is they didn't announce the changes they were making, so players budgeted for the event based on the Beta numbers instead of the nerfed values.

Can't be mad about the nerfs. It was way too easy to get 2 full event prizes. Just hate that me and I'm sure other players dumped some pretty big chunks of diamonds before finding out there were some major changes to the cost of the event. (not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but incidents no longer give tickets... in beta they account for 15-17 tickets.. that's a HUGE nerf to not announce it. Esp since they did document the change where at least 1 paw would start on every puzzle.)

The event being very good to me, but I probably wouldn't have dumped 15k+ gems (farmed, not purchased) into going for a 3rd. would have taken 2 and gone on my merry way (and super happy about it too).

Johnny B. Goode

The only real issue with that is they didn't announce the changes they were making, so players budgeted for the event based on the Beta numbers instead of the nerfed values.
That's not a real issue, though, now is it? I mean, they've been changing things from Beta to live for the entire 6+ years I've been playing. Not everything, of course, but enough that any experienced player should know not to count on it being the same. Incidentally, I've been playing this event on 6+ worlds (not doing quests on the 7th, but still using free event currency) without knowing anything about it in advance, and I'm pretty sure I'll get a fully leveled main building on most of those worlds.

Anything more than one main building for free would be ridiculous power creep. Of course, some players (not directing this part at you, just generally) feel entitled to taking advantage of ridiculous power creep.

Agent327

(not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but incidents no longer give tickets... in beta they account for 15-17 tickets.. that's a HUGE nerf to not announce it. Esp since they did document the change where at least 1 paw would start on every puzzle.)

You are wrong. Incidents still give tickets.

Sharmon the Impaler

While I'm still enjoying the event overall including the mini-game, as I've stated in this thread already, and had no problem getting my first event building for free (or will when I finish the daily quests), I have noticed that it appears that Inno has made it impossible to get a second building for free on live.

Even after spending 2400 (free) diamonds on event coins and using many of those coins pretty wisely, it appears that I still won't get a second building fully leveled. This mostly has to do with changes made between the event being on beta and coming to live, specifically: the reduction of tickets from every 6 hours to 8 hours, reduction of daily quest coins from 25 to 20, and removal of tickets from the daily quests.

Overall while still a good event, these changes have made playing it less fun and rewarding then playing it on beta.
The beta testing is to mass test for easy wins as well , it will likely always be a little nerfed from beta to live. That is part of the reason for the testing. We need all the beta testers for the next event to play super inefficient lol.

Expletive Deleted

After having some time on my days off to play around with the puzzle in a few farm towns my position has not changed much. Mostly things that have been echoed here a few times, price of tools is too high, bottom row lockouts are incredibly common and so on. That said, there are a few suggestions that I think would improve the player enjoyment factor

-Allow players to switch the position of two adjacent blocks as a turn instead of eliminating blocks as the only option.
-Allow chests to be collected as a part of a row of same color blocks.
- Offer a Board Shuffle as a tool option.
- have a finite amount of blocks per board instead of a never ending table.
- allow use of 1 of each tool per board instead of such restrictive amounts offered.
- using the color eliminating tool should remove said color blocks from the entirety of the table. Not just visible blocks but all that will be dropping down as well.
- having the upgrade kits as every 3rd grand prize is too far for the effort put in. Go back to every other grand prize having the upgrades.

I know none of these will happen this time around; but if there is to be another wildlife event next year I hope at least one of these can be done so the event doesn't feel like a total dumpster fire.

Graviton

One particularly odd thing in this event: The packages are bad options to take. There are a few reasons for this, but the big one is that only 2 of the 3 tools are really useful (the last one can be good but it is the most expensive and it changes the board dramatically so is much harder to work with). Between that and the relatively high cost for tools, dropping a lot of coins on one of the package deals is actually a bad investment. After you've used up the free ones, don't buy anything unless the purchase will get you 2 paws--that may mean extra turns, as JBG said, but I've had several instances where a hammer or pinwheel will get me 2-3 paws and extra turns won't get me anything. If you can't get 2 paws from a purchase, don't buy anything.

I agree, I noticed also that the packages don't seem to be worth the cost, unlike other events. It also seems to be very rare that spending on extra turns will help. Only buying a single tool (usually the hammer) and only when it will get you at least 2 paws seems to be the way to go.

OldGuy59

I didn't read all the previous feedback on this event, so this may be a repeat. The game is ok and different, though if you don't buy the tools, it yields few prizes. And that is my segue to the real problem - the awful cheapness of the prizes. Yes, I realize there has been a pronounced and monotonical decrease in the value of the prizes at each event. But I believe this one sets the record for the Why Bother Award. 2 FPs, 3 of a good, etc, are not going to motivate me to take the time to play this event. Very disappointing.

Sharmon the Impaler

I didn't read all the previous feedback on this event, so this may be a repeat. The game is ok and different, though if you don't buy the tools, it yields few prizes. And that is my segue to the real problem - the awful cheapness of the prizes. Yes, I realize there has been a pronounced and monotonical decrease in the value of the prizes at each event. But I believe this one sets the record for the Why Bother Award. 2 FPs, 3 of a good, etc, are not going to motivate me to take the time to play this event. Very disappointing.

6h coin rush is the lamest daily special I have ever seen.

Pericles the Lion

I Cannot tell you how many zero paws I’ve gotten at the start of new levels. I would say 80% of the time. This game is by far the worst ever put out.
Not my experience. I don't think I've seen a single board start with zero paws. I agree with RP. In the absence of a screenshot confirming your post it's fake news. I like this event mainly because it requires thought, not just mindless clicking on origami animals or athletes.

Aethelcatt VIII

Not my experience. I don't think I've seen a single board start with zero paws. I agree with RP. In the absence of a screenshot confirming your post it's fake news. I like this event mainly because it requires thought, not just mindless clicking on origami animals or athletes.
I don't know about zero paws, but in the last two mini-games I played, I had one paw on the board when it opened, and after I got that one to drop no further paws appeared throughout the whole game. So the last 15-20 moves were spent solely on creating and moving reward chests, and even that wasn't easy, such as on this board:
Screenshot 2021-07-20 085047.jpg
Eventually I got another chest out of this (not the one already there...that one was hopelessly stuck) and earned something like 18,000 supplies. Considering the time and energy this mini-game requires, the rewards are hardly worthwhile.

Flynn013

After playing some more I am finding that tools are not really needed most of the time. A hammer once in a while if it will get me two or more paws.
I agree that the chests are mostly useless junk and only go after them if it helps to bring paws down.
The biggest key to this game is to study the board before making any moves. There are some dud boards but on most I am getting 3 or more paws which should get me a fully upgraded building by the end.
Also don't be afraid to leave paws on a board when you run out of turns. Move on to the next board and try again.

DeletedUser

I hate this event. The building is nice, but I’ve never liked Candy Crush.

I wish FOE would create its own gameplay instead of copying old games.

Johnny B. Goode

I don't know about zero paws, but in the last two mini-games I played, I had one paw on the board when it opened, and after I got that one to drop no further paws appeared throughout the whole game. So the last 15-20 moves were spent solely on creating and moving reward chests, and even that wasn't easy, such as on this board:
View attachment 18964
Eventually I got another chest out of this (not the one already there...that one was hopelessly stuck) and earned something like 18,000 supplies. Considering the time and energy this mini-game requires, the rewards are hardly worthwhile.
Not hopelessly stuck. 7 moves gets you that chest and another right on top of it.

LoveNkind

I benefitted from the Mooing Cat video, but it made things look much much easier than they really are, and gave the impression that you have to get every paw. Some are not actually worth the trouble.

Impossible levels are one frustration. I had the opposite kind today. I had 11 moves left after dropping 3 paws--and 5 more had moved down onto the board. I was pretty sure I could get every single one if I played perfectly. But in reality, I make lots of mistakes. My head was sizzling.

What do you do when your head is sizzling from a very high level of challenge? Sometimes coffee helps. I left the level and did other things for a while to relax. And I came back and got them all--including yet another one that dropped down on top of the others.