• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

-Chen-

I didn't even read any of the posts in this thread, I've been doing this for well over a year now, and I know there are MANY people who complain about EVERY event, but I just want to put it out there that there are some really lame things about this event that should be rectified for the next one.

200 coins for the quest milestone reward...really??? every other event that reward is over 1000 of the event currency, and IMO should be at least equal to the amount needed for 1 complete tool set...really weak on that one Inno!! Also, thus far anyway, the incidents have been equally lame....2 or 3 coins??? Have yet to get a single ticket??? C'mon man!! :)

I get that theses events are the primary source of revenue for Inno, and I'm totally cool with that, lord knows I spend plenty of diamonds when I think the building is worth it....but let's not get obnoxiously greedy about it

Johnny B. Goode

I think most people are not comprehending what is different about this event. The mini game requires you to think your way to success rather than buy your way with tools and/or event currency.

-Chen-

I think most people are not comprehending what is different about this event. The mini game requires you to think your way to success rather than buy your way with tools and/or event currency.
Anyone who's been stuck on boards where the only thing worthwhile was locked at the bottom of the board knows that there is no "thinking" your way out of that, you either use tools to unblock the jam, or you move on to the next board.
I picked the right strategy to this event before it started, and have followed through on that strategy, but if I wasn't willing to spend diamonds when stuck on a board with enough paw prints to make it worthwhile to use them, I would have been screwed by bad luck. I think and take the time to look as many moves ahead as is possible, but luck (or diamond use) will always be an element of every event, no matter how skilled a person likes to see themselves‍.

Johnny B. Goode

I think you are wrong. Buying your way to success is always possible.

Thinking your way to success is only a part of it. There still is a luck part involved.
I wasn't talking about buying your way with Diamonds or real currency, I was talking about using event currency to progress. Which in this game is secondary to thinking ahead. And of course there is a bit of luck, but not as much as most events.
Anyone who's been stuck on boards where the only thing worthwhile was locked at the bottom of the board knows that there is no "thinking" your way out of that, you either use tools to unblock the jam, or you move on to the next board.
I picked the right strategy to this event before it started, and have followed through on that strategy, but if I wasn't willing to spend diamonds when stuck on a board with enough paw prints to make it worthwhile to use them, I would have been screwed by bad luck. I think and take the time to look as many moves ahead as is possible, but luck (or diamond use) will always be an element of every event, no matter how skilled a person likes to see themselves‍.
While it is true that when you're stuck, you're stuck, that is less of an issue in this event. The reason is because the best strategy is to maximize every board, but not to stress over what you can't get. And that is because the time and steady income of tickets means that steadily using tickets to play more boards (and not letting the ticket bar get full so they stop accumulating) is more important than getting every Paw you see.

Ericness

Now that I've played it some more, I'll say the mini game has grown on me a bit but not a lot. I think a lot of the frustration comes from the learning curve associated with the game and how infrequently the player gets to interact with it. The high cost of tools relative to the Archeology event doesn't help either, especially when drawing a tougher board after waiting 8 hours. As such I find it frustrating and fairly unengaging.

That said I'm a completely free player, have received minimal incident coins, a big fat zero incident tickets, and swear I've gotten one of those null starting boards before I knew they were a Thing here. No I didn't screenshot; I didn't think of it at the time and quite honestly don't care enough to find doing so worth the effort. Without spending any diamonds (bought or earned in game) I am now closing in on buying the large tool box by keeping up with the quest line and not spending coins. It's a slower pace than other events, but I fully expect a complete special building (at least) by the end and will absolutely find a spot for it.

I applaud Inno for trying something new, but this event felt like a swing and a miss for me.

Karen Isaacsdottir

It would be nice to require fewer goods donated to a guild than more; it suggests guild membership is worth less/hard and is disincentivizing. It would also be nice not to have to do 8 hour productions multiple times; one doesn't always have multiple rushes to apply (make it harder if you want by randomizing productions, e.g., 5 5 minutes, 4 hours, 1 4 hours, 6 15s (that would be annoying, but doable). It would be nice to get rewards for individual quests that are larger than 10; as shown, this one does, but showing up over halfway through the event means it took users griping to get noticed and many opportunities to spoil users (that is what these events are for, yes?) were lost. It would be nice if the proportion of coins earned on quests and the cost of the 'hammer', etc., were more proportional (this was mentioned in the group on Facebook, and I agree). Incidents during events should include half or full portions of what one can earn by doing a quest; 3 event coins doesn't make sense and the number of incidents that are event related this time was worse than last event.

These are things that should be on a checklist for next time, not just suggestions from this event but from prior events as general principles for future.

I'd also like to be able to choose my reward (the end of event bonus for five days). The one I get should be one I want.

Attachments

• BACKWARDS.png
    BACKWARDS.png
    286.3 KB · Views: 10

CDmark

I am wondering the following
Does it seem the games have gotten easier since about day 4 or 5? meaning more paws at the beginning and during the games
Now, I am sure playing it 30+ has gotten me more experience but it just seems like getting 3 or 4 paws per game has gotten more common.

As to comments about having games with no paws in the beginning, I am about 90% sure I had 1 or 2 between 2 worlds, none lately at all (see above comment). I understand some wanting proof, but I remember thinking "Seriously, none?" a couple of times. Interesting coincidence, I have gotten 2 tickets from incidents, 1 in each world. So, it is like the the game said "here is a ticket for that no paw game we gave you"...lol
Now, ones seeing no paws in the beginning regularly, not my experience at all. I may have had 1 but you figure I have played over 30 games. I would speculate there is a 1-3% chance of it happening but one click and 2 can fall down.

2021 wildlife getting easier.JPG
example of recent game, tue night, think I got 7 or 8 paws, this is how it opened.

CDmark

a couple of other things
1) when you have blocks lined up and you can make chests, would be nice to let us see what chest we are making, ie the rewards

2021 wildlife chest pic 1.JPG

in the above example, would be nice know what the 2 star green and 3 star yellow are prior to clicking.

2) Chest rewards, well, the percentages are quite different than other events and the rewards, meh to ok. i will say one thing, I must have 40 - 20% defender boosts, think you went a little overboard there. Now, the converse, I have found getting daily specials a lot easier than other events. so, if given the choice of more daily specials vs the other chest rewards, I will take the more daily specials. I dont know if others are experiencing the same thing. Plus, given the option to change your daily special, you can do well there.

3) The ticket counter outside the event seems to not be right at times, always being 1 less...example

2021 wildlife ticket pic 2 vs 3 actual.JPG
2 you see outside the event but it is actually 3. this happens a lot.

4) having 4 tickets to queue is great. Now, I know that beta had tickets every 6 hours, so 4 tickets to queue every 24 hours. Typically when we get 8 hr timers, we get 3 to queue. So, was this intentional or they just missed it?

Aggressor

My thoughts
I am getting tired of Inno copying existing games. It started with the Minesweeper mess that is the Aztec Settlement. Now theyre copying Toon Blast.
People DID NOT sign up to play those games. And its disappointing to see Inno not coming up with their own ideas and instead copycating other games. Plus, we already have the St Patricks event to make us rip our hair out. We didnt ask for a second tedious minigame.
The Reserve is a NICE prize. But I see right through it. Inno slaps a nice prize onto this event so it will be looked at more positively and people will still participate in the minigame in order to get the nice prize. Because if Inno had made the event building something like the Athalon Abbey, Suishan Mill, Winter Bakeries, Terracotta Vineyard, etc. then lots of players would have no reason to like the event and it would have an even more negative reaction.
So I'm disappointed in Inno's choice for the minigame, not the building.
Rotunda Daily special is good
Minigame is all around bad.

Lando6

This is event is even worse than the St. Patty's even. That one takes a lot of strategy and babysitting the map. This "candy crush" like mini game is difficult and very unpredictable. I'm decent at puzzles and block games, but this is on a whole other level. I even got my wife (who is basically an expert at these types of games) and she could barely get 1-2 paws and maybe 3-4 if you got a good setup and visible paws at the start (plus the help of a tool or extra moves, but that's completely different debate with pricing).
I get it, Inno is trying something new for appease it's player base. I applaud the effort, but come on, when you throw in that many "non-matchable" objects into a matching game, things get ridiculous. Contemplating a puzzle for 15 plus minutes just to make one move to ensure efficiency is not appealing.

Graviton

But the more I play it, the better I get at it. Am easily on track to have a completely upgraded building and possibly an have extra upgrade.

Same here. I don't love the mini-game itself but in all 7 cities I only need 1 more upgrade from the mini-game to have a fully-upgraded building (counting the one I'll get from completing all of the quests). People complaining that you need diamonds to get there are totally wrong.

Brutusone

I find the cost of the quest are higher than the rewards and the mini-game rewards are nothing to cheer about. Currently their is no way for me to get a complete set of upgrades, so I will spend my time elsewhere. To much random chance and skill set needed to do well is very time consuming.

Last edited:

LordLothar

Five years of playing and first time I am going to be unable to get event building I wanted to get. Guess it's meant strictly for diamond players. Game appears to be intentionally managed to ensure you can't clear the paws tiles. Occasionally an easy one drops but even the most determined strategizing can't overcome the purposefully unmatchable bottom tiles you are always confronted with if you make any progress. Tools are way too expensive and coins hard to come by through game play. I know that the "odds" in this game are never really true odds but the transparent managing of this game to thwart completion is the worst yet. Hope it's not the shape of things to come.

Positive feedback: I like that there is a new event rather than just a repeat of an old one. I like that the daily prize swap option is back, hopefully as a mainstay in future events as well.

------------

Negative feedback: The mini-game does not seem properly balanced, as the ability to buy tools is extremely limited/the cost is exorbitant based on the amount of coins we actually obtain through the event.

If the surprise box mechanic must stay (I really wish it wouldn't), please add a tool-tip/description of what is contained in the box (at a minimum, time-restricted to when it becomes usable at the start of the next event, if you don't want it visible prior to then); as it stands now, if you don't hunt down the information on the internet somewhere, you can't tell what is in the box - and that only works if you open the box before you have multiples waiting to be opened.

Alternatively; if you don't want people to know what is in a given surprise box until it is opened, fine . . . but at least apply a name/icon to each individual box that is indicative of the event during which it could first be opened.

------------

Middling feedback: Some people feel like they must horde game-play tokens in a given event until there is a good daily prize that they like (not me). That hampers them if they don't keep getting the free ticket refills to play the game as many times as possible throughout the event. I can see both sides of the argument for a ticket refill timer having a cap (i.e. you only get them free as long as there is room, and then too bad for you if you aren't using them), but I am reticent to accept that the desire to get people to play every day outweighs the ability to acquire all of the possible tickets.
The price on tools is ridiculous... this looks like a diamond mining event ...... Between this and St Patrick's event well not a happy camper