• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

Pericles the Lion

Look this is supposed to be fun not a psych test for IQ
What's so bad about a minigame that requires a bit of thought to maximize the returns? Seems that the haters want an event building with a ton of attack bonus and want to win it with a minimum expenditure of effort and zero diamonds. The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. As far as I'm concerned "I hate this event" is synonymous with "I really suck at this event".

Savvy187

It feels like this event was designed to refleece the rubes that stocked up on AA's and GV's. Coins are scarce and very expensive relative to the cost of the cheats, and the 200 coin reward from the quest line is LOL, (feels like Inno had issues balancing this event). Buying tickets also seems prohibitively expensive given how many boards produce very few paws, and how expensive the event currency is. 1800 diamonds for 10 tickets that could net you 10 paws if you were really unlucky does not seem a wise investment to me, not to mention how time consuming playing the game is.

All that being said, I do not think it is overly difficult to get 1 event building for free without buying the cheats, it is just going to cost people a fortune if they want to stock up on this building the way some people did with the AA and GV. I doubt many will.

Flavius Belisarius

1. The Mountain rewards are pretty powerful, so a difficult challenge to get them is ok.
2. The mini game algorithm too often leave prizes in unattainable positions forcing the Diamond decision. Maybe next time their could be a way to get tools in some way in addition to diamonds. Maybe the paws could be animals and if you get a certain number of lions or tigers or bears (oh my, sorry couldn't resist) you get a tool.
3. The time between grand prize mountain pieces might have been better alternated with Log Cabins or Menageries.
"You can please some of the people all the time. You can't please all of the time. You can't please all of the people all of the time."

Xenosaur

Wanted to add my voice to the volumes of ideas posted here.

Generally, I initially was not at ALL a fan of this event, but have moderated that very extreme position. It is however, still overly complex, has limited ability to fix human errors in the complex dropping designs required for paws OR chests, and has no preview or retract move modes.

In other words, you spend minutes or decades of minutes trying to figure the entire stack of multiple color blocks and how things drop on BOTH SIDES of your target item (paw or chest), and if you make a mistake, you're toasted. Toasted means you then have to spend coins or diamonds to fix that error. It's very complex and really does lead to frustration.

Multiple times, a new ticket used generates a board with a single paw at the top. Just 1. 20 moves later as I tried to get it down and with 5 moves left to go, another paw is added.... at the top again. Very frustrating. Neither could be consummated.

Some suggestions for Inno Product Management and or Dev to review/consider:

1) Put 5 paws on each board when created/invoked. Let us try to get them down. At least that's worth my time. Generate more paws if you'd like, but give us a fighting chance with some strategy on an overall design.
2) Put an "EXIT this board" somewhere if you want to give up.
3) Study having a move mini-preview function, and also a move undo function. Put them in the tool bar, maybe give 1 for free on each board, and then pay coins for any more. Right now, we slit our own throats more often than not because the game requires super-deep study many don't care to do (or can't do).
4) Modify the "drop only" idea and add (in true popgame/ Toy or Toon blast style) that a block can move left or right, or up. Not just down.
5) Consider adding a "clear row", like Toon Blast or Toy Blast has. These 2 games are a more appropriate paradigm for Inno's Event Popgame. Candy Crush is often quoted as similar to what we are playing, but it's really not.
6) Mathematically, a 4 color game would be (could be) just as much fun, and not as taxing or frustrating.
7) Put some thought into true "prizes" for super long chains. I know personally some long chains resulted on my boards, and I was so upset that they only yielded 2 FP. An idea might be to really reward players making 10, 20 or yes even 30 block chains with really goods odds to get the daily prizes say 1/2 or 3/4...

I've warmed a bit more to this event, after taking a deep breath, and intently studying it for the strategy to win (including mathing some of it out)

I feel comfortable now that persevering will yield an event prize. But the randomness of board generation items needs to be smoothed a bit more - and I'm hoping some ideas mentioned here will allow us to try it again, with a fresh look.

Thanks for reading this.

Johnny B. Goode

Two full 24 hour cycles of 'it's dark outside; come back tomorrow' in the quest makes no sense.
Get used to it, that will continue for the rest of the event. It happens in every event anymore. There are a certain number of "rush" quests, followed by daily quests. Some people get through the rush quests sooner than others, but if you're playing the event actively at all you will eventually run into the daily quests that come one per day. Hence daily. All this is spelled out in the event announcement for each event, but many of you apparently miss that part.

ScreamingZiva

I can't wait for this event to end and I hope it never comes back (unless some major changes are made to it). Two boards in a row now I've gotten a single paw. It's extremely frustrating playing this event.

Oswyn the noble

most boring event ever. i put this with another boring event, st pats. people keep commenting here and there the board looks like candy crush and they are right. only small handful of cities where i added the bldg and didnt get past lvl 3 yet. this event has bombed. looking forward to the next -hopefully -better event

I’m not a big fan of the mini games but definitely think the preserve is going to be worth it when finished and despite a slow start I’m currently on track to complete this event. Does anyone know if a second lvl 1 preserve bldg would be or is available?

icarusethan

I’m not a big fan of the mini games but definitely think the preserve is going to be worth it when finished and despite a slow start I’m currently on track to complete this event. Does anyone know if a second lvl 1 preserve bldg would be or is available?
The second base building is at the 14th milestone.

I’m currently on the 45th quest, I think I may have selected an upgrade on the 14 milestone (seems so long ago) lol Oh well, it would have been interesting to see if I was able to complete a second one.

Last edited:

Wwwoodchuck

Ok, event is almost over. What I come up with.

I like being able to switch Daily Prizes. With having to use tickets every day, this is very nice and gives a second chance at something the user desires.

I like having to use an item, like tickets, daily. Saving items up for a barrage at a daily prize on one day, makes most of the event pretty boring.

I like getting the “Event Surprise Box”. It gives those who do play each event, a leg up on the next event. It would be nice if they were labeled with the name of the event they came from though. I did not open last event so had two and did not know which was which.

I received a nice quantity of Daily Prizes, more than I recall in most events. Perhaps it was just time for RNG to smile on me, or perhaps creating ‘chests’ with tiles, I was able to increase the percent chance of receiving them more than usual.

The creating of Chests, for daily specials was nice. If there was ONE paw on screen, it gave me another objective to shoot for. I could go for lining up multiples of one color tile instead of dropping random tiles hoping for another Paw to appear.

I like that Inno is trying different ideas for events. Like St. Patricks day, something rather then the ‘frog jumping lilly pads’ mechanic is appreciated.

I was able to get a second main building for about 15k Diamonds. That, to me, is more reasonable than what I shelled out for some others to get a second one.

Dislikes:

While I did get used to the game, there was a stiff ‘learning curve’ to it. Even watching the Videos from MooingCat, I really had to get several days worth of games under my belt before I started to see the light. I can see where many never caught on.

The disbursement of Paws was not conducive to play. It seemed to be feast or famine with how many showed up on the initial screen. I would get too many one paw screens and it was just a bit frustrating. The screens where I had two or more, got me excited and trying harder to get them.

Prices for the Tools did not seem in line with the game currency we received. I am a Diamond spender as I wanted two Main buildings, but the F2P in my circle stated they were starved for event currency. So far, I have not found a ticket in an incident and for coins, 10 coins was the Max I have found so far. Lots of 2 and 3 coins incidents. This seems out of line with past event currency in incidents.

I would have liked to see an option for scraping or refreshing a current screen. I had a few screens where it was impossible to bring the single Paw down in 25 moves without tools: User experience fail. I just wanted the screen over with so I could get another shot at a new one. It could be the price of a “tool’ in coins, so we did not waste a ticket. Just some option rather than be frustrated and playing the game out hoping to make chests or another Paw to drop down that I would not be able to drop.

CDmark

Dislikes:

Prices for the Tools did not seem in line with the game currency we received. I am a Diamond spender as I wanted two Main buildings, but the F2P in my circle stated they were starved for event currency. So far, I have not found a ticket in an incident and for coins, 10 coins was the Max I have found so far. Lots of 2 and 3 coins incidents. This seems out of line with past event currency in incidents.
2,3,5,10,20,30 this is what I have seen. the overwhelming majority, 2,3,5, like 90%. some events I track everything, even incidents event rewards. this one I didnt. But my 90% value isnt far off. Now, even when I got a 30, it really didnt do much, meaning, it didnt really affect how I played. Now, any additional coins add up and can lead to an additional booster or game extension, but 2,3,5, you really need a lot of them.

Sharmon the Impaler

The incident tickets are insanely rare , 2 received here. I did complete the Eagle but only after spending diamonds because I don't feel like slogging through the dailies without the usual currency boost as a reason for it. 2 5/7 hammers as a 2/3 milestone rewards is just pathetic.