• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

mcharlesr

This is my least enjoyed event by a lot so far. Only comparable to the St. Patrick's event. I have already decided to practically give up on it for my farm towns. Based on the time and effort I'd have to get in to get only a few WW shrinks from chests I might not even get to open doesn't seem worth it.
I dislike the tickets coming in on a timer. This punishes people who wish to save their tickets for rewards they want. And considering that the entire framework of the rest of this game is built around patience and saving resources until the right time, this is what I consider a big design flaw.
Personally I dont like brick matchup games and this one is just one of many. They arent particularly fun for me. So not only is this event time consuming it's not entertaining.
I'll try to get the main prize in my primary city. But I'm not wasting any diamonds on this one.
Once again a chance at a chance for a reward is not a good offer.

I agree entirely. People play games when they are enjoyable, typically when they believe there is a realistic chance of winning. In this game without commenting on the Candy Crush iike mini game, the game structure is unlike others in that there is no realistic chance of winning coins to purchase tools which are indispensable to getting a favorable number of paws. The incident rewards are a joke -- 1 or 2 coins while tools are 55, and a comlete set is out of the qu question. I have been playing for over a year, and this is the first time the incidents were of negligible help in the game.

JB333

This is the only time in all the years I've played FOE than I don't like the mini game - at all. I've given up on it. I think it's way out of balance and requires a lot of diamonds to even have a chance. Way more than the other mini games I've done.

The Lady Redneck

Well Although I do not like Candy Crush type games, this event has not been all that bad. I have one Eagle mountain and might just get a second. No special tactics used, just played the boards as they came. Now if INNO was to make a Pew Pew (Space Invaders) type mini game for an event, that would be cool.

iPenguinPat

You are wrong. Incidents still give tickets.

"Gotcha!" lol. You're cute.

Correction, the ticket drop rate for incidents has been reduced from nearly 1 ticket per day to ~1 ticket for the whole event per world. Technically, they are still dropping.

I've done the event on 7 worlds. I've received 1 ticket total among them, so for me, apparently incidents don't drop tickets after all. Net effect = 15-18 fewer tickets. 97%+ reduction in drop rate is a lot.

If they are going to announce that all puzzles will start with at least 1 paw and increase from 6hr regen to 8hr regen... then they should announce drop rate for tickets via incident has been reduced and the quest rewards have been reduced to bring the rewards in this event in line with other events.

In fact, the incident/quest nerf is a greater reduction in tickets than the longer regen times. That's more than "minor tuning."

The change wasn't wrong. The lack of announcement for such a dramatic change was wrong and misleading (especially since FOE's sponsored YouTuber told everyone it was 15-18 tickets per world). The point of a changelog is to let players know what changed. Large stealth changes are crap.

Periclez

I only play one world and got one incident ticket early on, none since... I'm usually on enough to collect all of my incidents, but not always. Up till today I'd only collected about 40 wildlife coins from the incidents, but today I collected another 80. So if I'd been busy elsewhere today I'd have missed 2/3 of the wildlife coins. I'm wondering if I missed ticket drop day?

Aethelcatt VIII

So, some of the daily special rewards (the menagerie and the log cabin, specifically) are already on sale at the antique dealer for 3-5K trade coins...now that's a strange way to promote participation in the event! :rolleyes:

Agent327

Correction, the ticket drop rate for incidents has been reduced from nearly 1 ticket per day to ~1 ticket for the whole event per world. Technically, they are still dropping.

So does that mean you still get tickets from incidents, contrary to what you claimed?.

If they are going to announce that all puzzles will start with at least 1 paw and increase from 6hr regen to 8hr regen... then they should announce drop rate for tickets via incident has been reduced and the quest rewards have been reduced to bring the rewards in this event in line with other events.

Must have missed that. Can you show me where they did announce that?

RazorbackPirate

I've done the event on 7 worlds. I've received 1 ticket total among them, so for me, apparently incidents don't drop tickets after all. Net effect = 15-18 fewer tickets. 97%+ reduction in drop rate is a lot.

In fact, the incident/quest nerf is a greater reduction in tickets than the longer regen times. That's more than "minor tuning."

The change wasn't wrong. The lack of announcement for such a dramatic change was wrong and misleading (especially since FOE's sponsored YouTuber told everyone it was 15-18 tickets per world). The point of a changelog is to let players know what changed. Large stealth changes are crap.
While I won't quibble with your math, I will quibble with your conclusion.

When anything goes from Beta to live, Inno owes no one either a list of the changes, or an explanation behind them. They only owe Beta users what changes are happening as the event is live.

I also understand that magnitude of the changes left many content creators flat footed. So eager to share the math, you forgot how the world works, more specifically, how Inno operates their business. Maybe some of you will be more cautious next time.

Changes needed to be made, they made them. No explanation needed, the event met expectations, one building, entirely free.

Pericles the Lion

I think they made the blocks fall just right to lock you up most of the time
It's like 50% is Random
some you can't get anything unless you use a booster
No argument there. Presuming daily logins and possession of the surprise box, the key thing to remember was that you only need fractionally less than 2 paws per board to get the upgraded building. You need to have the confidence to leave paws on the board if you've collected the needed two already. I only created chests to clear space and, hopefully, have more paws drop. When I did create a chest I was careful to place it where it would do the least harm. I used boosts rarely. Most often I'd spend for the extra turns.

JB333

Well you should buy lottery tickets cause you're the luckiest person in the world. For me this mini game is only frustrating and I can't get anywhere with it.

MJ Artisan of War

I had the full Eagle Mountain on both worlds last week, thought i might luck into a second full one, but it seems as though the pawprints have dropped off in a huge way... Now will be trying to decide if it is worth keeping extra pieces in inventory... or send them to AD...

iPenguinPat

While I won't quibble with your math, I will quibble with your conclusion.

When anything goes from Beta to live, Inno owes no one either a list of the changes, or an explanation behind them. They only owe Beta users what changes are happening as the event is live.

I also understand that magnitude of the changes left many content creators flat footed. So eager to share the math, you forgot how the world works, more specifically, how Inno operates their business. Maybe some of you will be more cautious next time.

Changes needed to be made, they made them. No explanation needed, the event met expectations, one building, entirely free.

When people make purchase decisions about events, they use the information provided from Beta and from content creators; inno knows this. If I had come out with the math saying it was 2 freebies, Inno owes no one anything. Inno offered to put their backing behind MooingCat, and he accepted it. While not an official source, there is implied trust. It's like inno saying "we trust him enough to put him on our official channel, so you can trust this source."

So how the world works is that people get very frustrated when an inno backed/trusted source gives them bad information. (Not unlike when Mods are mistaken and say things like the abort limit was targeting RQ players, not botters- and then later in a Q&A session, the devs confirm that it was targeting bot users.. :cool:)

It could have/should have been prevented, Whether it's allowed or profitable or not, Inno used players' trust in Moo as a source to bait players into spending on the event. If players knew it was going to take 8k-12k diamonds instead of 0-4k to get a second fully upgraded building, a lot of players would not have spent $ or diamonds. People from inno's media team watched the video and knew what he said. At the very least, they could have told him they were making a change, so he could correct his numbers or give a disclaimer.

Since the Archology 2020 / Checkmate Square nonsense, I usually put a disclaimer that things can and do change from Beta to live. This change was bigger than other I can think of.

Note: Changes like this help my channel grow, so for selfish reasons, it wasn't a big deal to me. I even will get my 3rd Eagle mountain with $0 spent despite still having only collected 1 ticket from incidents across all my 7 worlds.

So does that mean you still get tickets from incidents, contrary to what you claimed?.

Must have missed that. Can you show me where they did announce that?

I love that there are about 3-4 that are "subbed" to me, just so you can argue with everything I post. ;) Very flattering and thoughtful that yall offer so much rent-free living space. <3