• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

Ebeondi Asi

Overall I'll give it a 7/10 for the rewards earned. And a 2/10 for enjoyment.
exactly.
I might bump up the 7/10 to 8/10 for the rewards (after spending a boatload of real money, but no more than usual) and drop the enjoyment from 2/10 down to 1/10 the minigame sucked.. bad..

Kranyar the Mysterious

Final thoughts.

I spent way too many diamonds, got one full Eagle Mtn. plus 5 pieces of the next one, 5 full SO's and an extra upgrade, all but one piece of the OT, a few fp, and a bunch of junk. Quite profitable event overall.

Higher star chests should give better rewards than lower star chests. For example, something doesn't seem right when lower star chests often give more fp or other rewards than higher star chests.

The changes on live from beta were far more extreme than what was expected, and set a negative tone at the beginning for advanced players, but the end balance was about right compared to other events. Better communication prior to the start of the event would have mitigated most of this.

Being able to switch daily specials is a nice option that should become an event standard feature.

The mini-game was ok, but from listening to people was probably more frustrating than it needed to be. I think that if one of the tools available allowed players to remove a complete row of blocks, a lot of this frustration might have been avoided. Of course that tool would likely either be the most expensive one or the same as the one that removes all blocks of the same color. I also think that tools overall were way overpriced.

Having the Wildlife event before the Summer event seems out of place, and feels like it should take place after the Summer event. Having the Summer event start in the middle of August is during the summer, but just feels late. Also there are now three events between the Spring and Summer events, but zero events between the Summer and Fall events.

The only other critique has to do with the concept of the event itself. Both my 9 year old and my wife asked me at different times what this event had to do with wildlife. My only answer was that it had paws in the mini-game and a background with some critters and plants. My kid simply said "that's just stupid". My wife shook her head and walked away. They had a good point, this event had nothing to do with wildlife.

Last edited:

JBo the Wanderer

OK, just my 2 cents - Please don't do this popping bubbles game again. If I wanted to play silly candy crush arcade games I would. GAH, it's all I can do to make myself go in and pop the bubbles to get the paw prints. Just so boring. FoE isn't candy crush and shouldn't try to be. I know some people don't like the St. Patrick's event, but at least that one is city management.
I don't like the events in general, but will play for the upgraded building at the end. So be it. I just wish there were like 2 main events per year (winter and summer) and let us build/manage our cities the rest of the time.

Ebeondi Asi

A comment to JBo.. I do not play all the events. I skip some. If you do not want to play them, then do not play them. There is zero requirement to play any event. regardless of any pressure from Inno to play LOL
Particularly the Event Box for the next even is a ploy to get people to play all events. I ignore the Event boxes. Usually I play every other event. so the boxes are just more junk.

Kranyar the Mysterious

A comment to JBo.. I do not play all the events. I skip some. If you do not want to play them, then do not play them. There is zero requirement to play any event. regardless of any pressure from Inno to play LOL
Particularly the Event Box for the next even is a ploy to get people to play all events. I ignore the Event boxes. Usually I play every other event. so the boxes are just more junk.
You can just complete the questline and never touch the mini-game if you want, and still complete the event, just saying.

67Sage101

True. but I have to clear some space to have room for 11 Blacksmith and do the quests. otherwise I have no open space and only two blacksmith.
I agree. Space to do production tasks is always an issue for the quest line. I've even had to store FP producers to make room for production buildings to do the quest lines.

67Sage101

Even after taking a full week away from the game, I still got a fully upgraded main building in one city and one upgrade away in a couple of others. That tells me that this event was much easier than some people would lead you to believe.
I followed the prevailing advise to play every ticket throughout the event and make sure to keep the average at 1.6 paws per ticket. That worked for me but it was close. Full disclosure I used diamonds to buy one set of tools early on in freak out mode until another user correctly indicated tools were not the primary concern but playing all the tickets was. Beyond that my guild leader said she sucks at the mini-game and wasn't even getting 1.6 per ticket.

67Sage101

I will say that I saw diamond players that had 3 and 4 eagle mountain reserves days before the event ended.

Ericness

Final thoughts on the event:

I am viewing this event as a success for me. The main building was very appealing and I got a full build plus two extra upgrades without spending any diamonds or really having to worry about it all that much. It was a bit of a slow burn to get there, but if one saved up and bought the more expensive tool package the prize was basically assured provided you always had tickets generating and played with reasonable skill. That said, I do still stand by my earlier criticisms, mainly:

The mini game: I'll admit it grew on me a bit but I just wasn't that crazy about it. Not a type of game I am interested in playing regularly. Others may disagree and I don't hold that against them.

The pacing: This I would rate as the bigger problem. It took a few boards to really get the strategy behind the game, but your chances to play took so long to generate it felt like much longer. The other side effect of being able to play only once every 8 hours was that the dreaded "bad" board felt all the more discouraging. This made it hard for me to get excited about playing, let alone spend (my freely earned) diamonds. As I said before, I just didn't really feel engaged by it.

I do like that Inno tried something new, but this was a bit of a swing and a miss for me. Curious to see if/how they tweak this for next year.

Aethelcatt VIII

Got my final upgrade for a second Eagle Mountain in overtime (i.e., after extending the "level" a couple of times) on the very last ticket I had/would be getting. The ticket ticker tells me the next one is coming in about 2 hours and 45 minutes from now--or about 45 minutes after the event ends. :rolleyes:

So I did spend a few thousand diamonds, including purchasing two of those very expensive large booster packs, a smaller booster pack and a number of extra hammers. I wasn't really keeping track of the total expenditure, but it was way less than the 10K or 20K diamonds often cited as the cost of a second fully upgraded event building. However, I do agree that the tools for the minigame seem unreasonably expensive for the amount of event currency that was coming down the pipeline if we don't shell out diamonds.

All in all, the payout of this event is quite decent. In addition to the two main event buildings, I also got more daily specials this time than in any other events before, including more botanical rotundas, log cabins and menageries than I can possibly fit into my city. And the payout rate seemed to get better with time, both with the daily specials and with the paws. As late as yesterday I was feeling that the second Eagle Mountain was simply not in the stacks for me unless I buy a bunch of additional tickets and spend a whole bunch of time working those, but the last few tickets I had proved to be exceptionally generous. Was that by design? :D

About the much maligned "candy crush" minigame, it wasn't really that hard to get the hang of, to be fair. But I'll still plant myself in the camp of people who don't like having to burn brain cells in the minigame. After all the hard work pursuing the quest line, I'd say give me the silly origami animals and lily pads any time!

Ironrooster

At the end I had 4, 3, and 3 extra levels for my 3 cities without any diamond expenditure.

Once I got the hang of the mini game, it was kind of fun. While the pace of the ticket appearance made it hard to concentrate on the daily prizes I wanted the most, I did manage to get the 2 Olympic Treasury upgrades I needed plus 4 more.

Aethelcatt VIII

Woo-hoo! A new incident just popped up near my city, and it gave me five wildlife coins! I guess I have about 11 minutes to put them to good use. :)

And earlier tonight I got the regular daily log-in reward of 40 wildlife coins, too. Unlike past events, this one really tries to keep us involved to the last minute!

Worst event yet. Played all day most every day for a month, including spending diamonds, only to come away with next to nothing and zero complete event building in any city on any world - all lvl 6.

Johnny B. Goode

Worst event yet. Played all day most every day for a month, including spending diamonds, only to come away with next to nothing and zero complete event building in any city on any world - all lvl 6.
Seriously? That seems highly unlikely unless you were just trying to fail. I only played this event half-heartedly and even took a week off from it and still got a fully upgraded main building and several daily specials.

I get that some people didn't like the mini-game, but let's at least be honest about the complaints.

UBERhelp1

I liked this event. I got a decent number of daily specials, I got a fully leveled building in all cities that I tried for it in (and I got extra upgrades at the end). Hoping for more like this.

CDmark

One thing came to mind for an improvement, coin accumulation. If it could have been front loaded so you could buy a 1220 coin booster package after you finished the main quests, then you could have used them for the large number of tickets you needed to use so you can get to the 8 hour cycle.