• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

Johnny B. Goode

One point the minigame was not linear' no two players had the same experience. Some players certainy got a terrible bad luck experience. Other almost wonderous good luck. it is curve.a bell cuve with two ends. so disparaging the people who felt they were not getting a fair expeirence because some other person did very well is complete cra*. MY two cents on the squabbles here.
Luck had nothing to do with it. Intelligent game playing had everything to do with it. Unlike most events.

Johnny B. Goode

Agree. Getting one or no Paws when the Ticket is started vs getting five has zero to do with luck. IT it totally raw talent. ;)
All of my boards had at least one Paw at the start. Very few had more. Some never had more than that first one. Some had one or more show up after the first one. Some were relatively easy to get, some took a little work, some were just unattainable. My guess is that this is what everybody who played regularly really saw. I had no boards start with zero Paws, and barring a screenshot (which we repeatedly asked for from those claiming it) I don't believe anyone else had one start with zero Paws.

Unlike most events, in this one it wasn't really a choice between the daily prizes and the main one. Winning dailies was a frequent byproduct of working to get Paws down. Much more so than in any other event I've seen. Usually you have to concentrate on getting the daily you want when it comes up at the expense of progressing on the main prize. Not so here.

My take on both this mini-game and the one in the St Patrick's Day event the last two years is that many players balk at having to do more than click the "right" animal/athlete/whatever. It's really a matter of just figuring out these mini-games and finding the correct playing strategy to achieve what you want. Same with the Archaeology event. Haste makes waste in thinking games. Unfortunately, players seem to have been conditioned to checking an unnamed site to do the thinking/work for them, and in games like these you have to do the work yourself. Sorry that many of you are not used to using your brains, but blaming bad luck in a thinking game is the lazy player's way out.

MJ Artisan of War

Between two worlds i had 5 puzzles with no paw at the start.
In three of those cases no paws dropped until after the twentieth move, in one case no paw ever appeared.
That being said i played my tickets as they came up and did get an eagle mountain on both worlds.

jeffj2

I enjoyed the mini-game. I netted one full Eagle Mountain Reserve, and an additional Reserve with 3 upgrades.
I did not build out the second reserve. It doesn't seem worthwhile until one can achieve a full upgrade (to Eagle). I guess the decision will now be to hold it for one full year, or sell it on the Antique Exchange.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I enjoyed the mini-game. I netted one full Eagle Mountain Reserve, and an additional Reserve with 3 upgrades.
I did not build out the second reserve. It doesn't seem worthwhile until one can achieve a full upgrade (to Eagle). I guess the decision will now be to hold it for one full year, or sell it on the Antique Exchange.
Hold it. This is a long game, and you will be able to get more pieces next year, then likely in the AD after that. There might even be a diamond sale for pieces sooner that you could purchase if that interests you too.

jeffj2

Hold it. This is a long game, and you will be able to get more pieces next year, then likely in the AD after that. There might even be a diamond sale for pieces sooner that you could purchase if that interests you too.
You are probably right. For now I'll hold it. Maybe we will get lucky, and they will have random awards of "Mountain Reserve" upgrades.

jeffj2

Ok, thanks for the info.
Yes, since joining in June 2021, I have noticed some village/towns that could only be built over multiple years.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Ok, thanks for the info.
Yes, since joining in June 2021, I have noticed some village/towns that could only be built over multiple years.
Yep

Only send things to the AD if you know you will never use them, and even then hold onto those that might eventually become useful if there is a possibility of a buff or additional level down the road (even if it is years from now).

For example, right now I have absolutely no use for anything city defense related, but I hold on to that stuff anyways because I don't know if suddenly Inno will make city defense necessary. If they did, having a ton of Tactician Towers available (or the like) would buff my city quickly. On the other hand, it seems unlikely that we will ever see a second upgrade to the Shrine of Knowledge, and since I find both the level 1 and level 2 SoK to be unwanted for me, I sell those to the AD.

Gridley

This event wasn't quite as bad as St. Patrick's, but it was close.

I was able to play the minigame well enough to get a full mountain (and one extra upgrade), but it was only barely worth it.

How about making the next new minigame you introduce be primarily based on skill, not on luck?

Ebeondi Asi

I hated the blocks minigame. But I very much liked the results. The game itself was a PITA. the stuff won was very good. So Ihave mixed feelings about the Event. The blocks difficulties wee increased by apparent deliberate no matching in the lower block areas. And then the no Paws or only one Paw when starting a Ticket sucked. Which was a big issue at the start of the game. but later not. then back in again at the end. So that part really was a huge peeve. The tools cost too much.
One plus was the 'good' daily prizes were actually handed out. Unlike some 'easy' Event games where the Daily are made far too scarce.
All in all next year will depend on the main prize. This years main prize was very good.
Was I happy to play ... no. was I happy with the results ... yes.