• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Will / should this hapoen?

Expletive Deleted

With SaV released and the new production of Venus Carbon added to the list of unique goods for future era's, I have started wondering about a future era GB that would use all 5 of the unique goods. ( promethium, orichcalcum, mars ore, asteroid ice and venus carbon.) As Virtual Future did not have a unique set of goods, maybe it would be delayed a couple years until we are mining Mercury Mercury and Gas from Uranus. And have a space-age GB as a pinnacle of achievement in game as by using the unique goods this would be limited to the highest age players and one could not trade for the goods. Low level players and campers would be restricted from being able to construct this.

As an attempt to open the discussion of what that might look like. ( not proposing an idea) I wonder
1- should this happen?
2- will it happen?
And- assuming that it were to happen. Giving the randomly decided footprint of a 6x6 GB or roughly so-
3- what would it need to do to make you build it?

wolfhoundtoo

GBs are age specific so that would be quite the change. Add in that you can't trade for those special goods then you are basically saying that such a GB would force players to go back to producing those special goods. Plus you'd be making it so that lower aged players couldn't get that GB at all. That's not really the way Inno has done it in the past and would represent a significant shift in their development of GBs. In theory it shouldn't be much of a coding issue but from a marketing prospective making a GB that only a few can get would be a negative from my viewpoint.

Expletive Deleted

GBs are age specific so that would be quite the change. Add in that you can't trade for those special goods then you are basically saying that such a GB would force players to go back to producing those special goods. Plus you'd be making it so that lower aged players couldn't get that GB at all. That's not really the way Inno has done it in the past and would represent a significant shift in their development of GBs. In theory it shouldn't be much of a coding issue but from a marketing prospective making a GB that only a few can get would be a negative from my viewpoint.

It would be quite a shift from the norm. No doubt. But I think if done right, it could motivate some to push through tech to build it. And while it would be limited to build by those in space ages, anyone can build it once there. It's a tricky concept, but could be worth it if done right.

I like the idea. A GB that lower Era folk can't get? I really do like that.

The tough question, what could the GB do that would be worth the effort but not too unbalancing?

Spewed diet pop all over my keyboard...

I'm glad you got the joke. Was hoping someone would.

So that's one person with a positive view of the idea and one with a negative. Sounds about right for these forums for sure.

I agree the tough question is what would it do. The best I can think if is what I wouldnt want. Which would be any duplicated boost from any other GBs already in existence. As well as no effect on GBG / attrition levels. As high level players already dominate the maps.

A few concepts that are very unlikely that I wouldn't mind seeing would be a speed up for scouting on the Cmap; either a chance to collect event currency or CF-like boost to event quests. The ability to plunder settlements / space outposts. Or >> and this is a wild stretch<< a stargate. When you have one built in two different cities, you gain the ability to trade between server worlds.
I know some of those are never gonna happen and/or are not impressive enough to justify for this specific concept. Though I remember a time where there never was gonna be a level 11 to any GB and expansions were the only thing to spend medals on & you had to visit each city to aid.
Imo - nothing is off the table til they announce they're done developing new ages. So i dont want to rule them out just yet.

Ebeondi Asi

The easies wasy to make a GB not useable in lowest ages would be to require it to be connected with a two lane road.

Ironrooster

The GB corruption boat has already sailed. No way to put that genie back in the bottle. It has become a staple of the game. (feel free to add your own cliches :))

If you want a building that can only be obtained in SAV, the way to go IMHO is a new cultural settlement unlocked when you get to SAV (like the Aztecs in CA). This would provide a unique building as the reward and could easily have a game play that requires SAV goods. As with other cultural settlements, it could be repeatable for upgrading the building.

Expletive Deleted

The easies wasy to make a GB not useable in lowest ages would be to require it to be connected with a two lane road.
A 2lane road GB would be interesting, if a bit irritating to try and fit in, it would have to be worth it. Though the intent of my asking this isnt about making a GB that low age players cant build. But rather, what is something high age players want /need
Or
what is the next big use for these unique goods?

The GB corruption boat has already sailed. No way to put that genie back in the bottle. It has become a staple of the game. (feel free to add your own cliches :))

If you want a building that can only be obtained in SAV, the way to go IMHO is a new cultural settlement unlocked when you get to SAV (like the Aztecs in CA). This would provide a unique building as the reward and could easily have a game play that requires SAV goods. As with other cultural settlements, it could be repeatable for upgrading the building.

I do think they should continue with adding age requirements for new settlements until there are ones in the space ages. That is something I'd like to see. It's not quite where I'm aiming with this idea.

The GB genie is out of the bottle as you put it. For sure. And no way to undo that. But I'm not looking to undo it I'm trying to expand it. - from a development perspective making a GB like this should serve two goals, one being motivate early players to push into high ages in order to obtain it. And two, show a level of achievement that the player has obtained. Something only people who have put the effort in can build.
What would be worth that effort?

wolfhoundtoo

It would be quite a shift from the norm. No doubt. But I think if done right, it could motivate some to push through tech to build it. And while it would be limited to build by those in space ages, anyone can build it once there. It's a tricky concept, but could be worth it if done right.

I'm glad you got the joke. Was hoping someone would.

So that's one person with a positive view of the idea and one with a negative. Sounds about right for these forums for sure.

I agree the tough question is what would it do. The best I can think if is what I wouldnt want. Which would be any duplicated boost from any other GBs already in existence. As well as no effect on GBG / attrition levels. As high level players already dominate the maps.

A few concepts that are very unlikely that I wouldn't mind seeing would be a speed up for scouting on the Cmap; either a chance to collect event currency or CF-like boost to event quests. The ability to plunder settlements / space outposts. Or >> and this is a wild stretch<< a stargate. When you have one built in two different cities, you gain the ability to trade between server worlds.
I know some of those are never gonna happen and/or are not impressive enough to justify for this specific concept. Though I remember a time where there never was gonna be a level 11 to any GB and expansions were the only thing to spend medals on & you had to visit each city to aid.
Imo - nothing is off the table til they announce they're done developing new ages. So i dont want to rule them out just yet.

Your joke wasn't funny which is why i didn't comment on it.

And are you seriously going to suggest that someone would build a GB (that's per your own setup) restricted to those at the end of the tech tree basically and you think they need a GB to speed up the Cmap scouting? Now that's a funny joke. :p

Free event currency is balanced by Inno for their bottom line. Not impossible I suppose but I sincerely doubt they'll think "Hey let's have our longest term players get the good stuff for free". I mean what could go wrong with that plan?

And what would be the point of being able to trade between worlds? Make it easier to boost your diamond farms? There's a reason they don't let you trade between worlds.

Expletive Deleted

Your joke wasn't funny which is why i didn't comment on it.
My jokes are hilarious. I have no idea what you're talking about.

And are you seriously going to suggest that someone would build a GB (that's per your own setup) restricted to those at the end of the tech tree basically and you think they need a GB to speed up the Cmap scouting? Now that's a funny joke. :p
No I'm not.

I know some of those are never gonna happen and/or are not impressive enough to justify for this specific concept.

Free event currency is balanced by Inno for their bottom line. Not impossible I suppose but I sincerely doubt they'll think "Hey let's have our longest term players get the good stuff for free". I mean what could go wrong with that plan?

And what would be the point of being able to trade between worlds? Make it easier to boost your diamond farms? There's a reason they don't let you trade between worlds.

The event currency concept, as well as the others are simply theoretical ideas I've seen tossed around these forums before. Ideas that have repeatedly been said will never happen. Just like a plunder protection system would never happen. Until it did. I was simply pointing out systems in the game that have no building that offers a boost to that part. I could have just as easily suggested boosts for the AD trades or an effect to give you more time for the secondary rewards on settlements.

A Cmap boost would be better for a settlement building than a space age GB.
Trading items between worlds could be helpful for those that want to build two SaV cities. If in theory you wanted to make one a battle heavy city vs a different negotiation focused city etc. Lots of options. If you're pushing a diamond farm to SaV you might have pushed farther than necessary.

Ebeondi Asi

Hey Inno : The second Venus Great Building will require a two lane road, the main offering would be two attack and two defense for attack army per level up to level ten. then two per level the key thing is.. from level eleven on up, each level you get to (permanently ) set those new % to either attack or attack defense as you wish. So the cumulative percent of each attack arrmy attack, or attack army defense would have been your choice. the secondary benefit will be two Forge points per level. every level. Natually the cost in FPs to finish each level will be pretty big..
Here's hoping... LOL

wolfhoundtoo

My jokes are hilarious. I have no idea what you're talking about.

No I'm not.

The event currency concept, as well as the others are simply theoretical ideas I've seen tossed around these forums before. Ideas that have repeatedly been said will never happen. Just like a plunder protection system would never happen. Until it did. I was simply pointing out systems in the game that have no building that offers a boost to that part. I could have just as easily suggested boosts for the AD trades or an effect to give you more time for the secondary rewards on settlements.

A Cmap boost would be better for a settlement building than a space age GB.
Trading items between worlds could be helpful for those that want to build two SaV cities. If in theory you wanted to make one a battle heavy city vs a different negotiation focused city etc. Lots of options. If you're pushing a diamond farm to SaV you might have pushed farther than necessary.

Ok you got me. I fell for your joke also known as this entire thread. Kudos and goodbye.