1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.156

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Will Virgo Lose Her Virginity?

Discussion in 'Forge Hall' started by lemur, Jun 5, 2019.

1. lemur

lemur Well-Known Member

And is that missile made of plastic foam?

From the Beta Forum yesterday ...

Virgo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2019
  2. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Don't know what the missile is made of, but once the next patch hits, VP will no longer activate for PvP (hood) fights.

Toolbox Danny likes this.
  3. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

If you mean “will players build it knowing it won’t be PvP?”, yes. They already have

4. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

lots of players have, whenever i try to help them they always shrug it off lol

5. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

That was announced weeks ago. Your PC is really slow. Now I know why you have these performance problems.

harbinger956 likes this.
  6. mamboking053

mamboking053 Active Member

When it says x5, is each chance used per fight you engage in or is it only used when the effect takes place?

7. Agent327

How does it work on other GB's?

8. mamboking053

I don't know, I don't own any of them.

9. Agent327

Rather strange question then. Not likely you will own this one, so why ask. If you really want to know, look it up.

10. mamboking053

Nevermind. I suppose it's like the HC then.

11. Pythagoras 1290 The Dire

Pythagoras 1290 The Dire Well-Known Member

12. lemur

lemur Well-Known Member

If players already know, then why did a forum moderator hide my screenshot behind a "Spoiler" button?

Clue: Spoilers reveal information about the game that players do not know yet.

Virgo Chat.jpg

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  13. Emberguard

Spoiler tags in this context on a forum don’t always mean it’s a spoiler. It often means image so older devices don’t crash when trying to view the page. I take you want people to be able to load the page so they reply?

And I never said the US was told about it, I didn’t check US to know whether it was mentioned ingame or in forum or not at all. I said would players that know still build it, and the answer is yes as those that did know have built it

Edit: or what Steph said below

14. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Well-Known Member

I hid it behind a Spoiler button because it is from the Beta Forum. Information from the Beta server or Beta forum should be in the Beta Spoiler section of the Forum or hidden behind a Spoiler button.

15. harbinger956

harbinger956 Well-Known Member

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...ack-the-virgo-project-stargazer.10335/page-10
    message from The Envoy on May 17 2019 kinda summed that up

but its a shame that the beta did bleed over a GB thats gonna get pvp nerfed after being brought onto the live servers guess its good to research the feedback sections before jumping on the Gb frenzy

i have no idea how to hide the link as a spoiler so help me out mr longshanks :)

correct someones post makes your job monotonous
    teach someone how to post makes your job slighty easier

16. Emberguard

lemur likes this.
  17. Stephen Longshanks

When you make a post, highlight what you want hidden behind the spoiler button, then click the button on the toolbar at top of message box that looks like a plus sign within a circle. Then click on Spoiler.

18. dpghost

dpghost Member

Kudos to the scared hoodies that convinced the developers to nerf Virgo.
    Now it's really useless
    Long live the king

19. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Given that a LOT of players put a LOT of effort, time, cash,into building massive defenses, it;s hardly surprising that INNO did not want those players' efforts put to naught.

Can you imagine the reaction of the massive defense builders otherwise? I suspect that is one dookystorm INNO was pretty smart to avoid.

20. Stephen Longshanks

I don't get what the big deal is. Would having this ability for only 3-5 PvP battles really make a difference? I mean, the effect of this GB is impressive, but it is also so limited in daily uses that it hardly seems worthwhile to fret about where you can use it. Especially since so many players claim PvP isn't worth their time to begin with. Tell me what I'm missing here. Assuming you get this to level 80 and get 5 chances a day at a little over 69% success rate, what would your best case scenario benefit be from PvP? Keep in mind that it has taken 243,563 FP to level it that far. Even if you were able to plunder 5 Maharaja's Palaces a day because of it (which is highly unlikely), how long would it take for 25 FP and 25 goods a day to justify that effort? Even without the nerf, this is a luxury item GB at best.