1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.156

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Will Virgo Lose Her Virginity?

Discussion in 'Forge Hall' started by lemur, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

You are right. I missed that it starts at 0%.

I disagree on the even playing field it will give.

They also stated something else on that

2. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Their use of the phrase, 'even the playing field,' is confusing at best. The more appropriate description of their intent is to 'ultimately make sure that the contributions of low players stay relevant!' this makes it consistent with your quote,
    As we can clearly see from all the descriptions it has never been Inno's intent to ding advanced fighters. Advanced fighters will continue to be advanced fighters and junior fighters will still have incentive to build and raise the fight GBs to become advanced fighters whatever age they're in.

It seems the only thing Inno's trying to do is remove the ability of advanced fighters to have unlimited fights with unlimited troops and to reintroduce a challenge to actual fighting.

3. Konrad the mediocre

Konrad the mediocre Well-Known Member

Do both visuals show or do the effects combine but with only 1 visual?

4. Agent327

They have a real strange way of showing that. In GE contibutions of every player are equally relevant except it is the top players that are shown with the highest contributions.

In that case they fail. They might be limited in BG's, but nowhere else.

5. RazorbackPirate

And your point is what? BG will have attrition for the reasons stated. They will achieve their purpose in BG with attrition in BG.

6. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Well-Known Member

Well, yes and no. For the guild championship each player's contribution is equally relevant. One encounter cleared in Iron Age ups the guild's % by the same amount as one encounter cleared in SAM. For accumulating Expedition Points (and thus Guild Power Points), though, the higher the player's era the more Expedition Points they earn per encounter.

7. RazorbackPirate

I also think that in BG, the most relevant contribution seems to be number of battles / negotiations cleared. I know those award points towards the acquisition of the provinces, but whether those points are also weighted by age, I don't know.

If points were weighted, it would seem to run counter to the spirit of attrition's goal of making the contributions of lower age players equally relevant. In a tight race, it would be nice to know the couple of extra battles / negotiations an HMA guild member stretched themselves to complete every day are equally as valuable as the SAM player stretching to complete the same extra number.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  8. Stephen Longshanks

I don't know either, and I agree with your assessment.

9. Konrad the mediocre

To answer my own question, I finally saw the double proc while I was playing on the browser version. I wonder if the visual doesnt show clearly on mobile.

10. Kranyar the Mysterious

Kranyar the Mysterious Active Member

So I guess my (approaching) 100k of each iron age good might have a use yet! BG negotiations!

Emberguard and DreadfulCadillac like this.
  11. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

it does, you can sell them to me, and i can hoard them , if its jaims :D
    i mean i AM Switzerland! i hoard all the gold and make amazing watches..
    Right?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  12. Stephen Longshanks

Close. Switzerland is the country you're thinking of. Sweden gave us Abba.

DreadfulCadillac and Algona like this.
  13. Agent327

Whoever is paying for your tuition should ask for their money back.

And Avicii

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  14. Konrad the mediocre

And fish.

15. Stephen Longshanks

I had to google that one.

16. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

SORRY i changed it LOL

17. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

That's more effort than I put into it.

18. Frdk the Great

Frdk the Great New Member

Inno should’ve modified the attack rather than bending to the will of players who don’t understand FOE is a fighting game. Removing the Virgo attack from PvP is terrible. My guild does not do GvG so that leaves it only for GE and quest battles. Such a waste of goods and FP’s. I would never have built it. To the players that rush the ages without learning to defend their city and fight, stay put and learn the game. Stop whining.

DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  19. barra370804

barra370804 Active Member

no, it is not. FoE has a way of adapting to the player's playstyle, whether it be fighting, farming, growing etc.

FoE is what you make it, nothing more, nothing less.

Lauramiller likes this.
  20. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

What does learning to defend one's city have to do with the power to summarily wipe out the defending army? Defense is already practically worthless; if they hadn't adjusted Virgo it would've been literally worthless.