• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Will Virgo Lose Her Virginity?

Algona

Inno should’ve modified the attack rather than bending to the will of players who don’t understand FOE is a fighting game. Removing the Virgo attack from PvP is terrible. My guild does not do GvG so that leaves it only for GE and quest battles. Such a waste of goods and FP’s. I would never have built it. To the players that rush the ages without learning to defend their city and fight, stay put and learn the game. Stop whining.

Why did you build it? For 3 opportunities a day to break PvP defenses?

Did you not read the in game Annoucement about if being changed?

These are not rhetorical questions I'm genuinely curious.

Even if it worked in PvP, I don;t think I would have built it, I gave up plundering a few years back.

Emberguard

When attrition becomes very high, a player may not be able to defeat 8 army. In that case, if the player uses Virgo, there is a chance of fighting against only 4. Therefore they may get in a extra battle or two.

But all this is just in theory, will need to see how things work in GBG is released.
This. Alongside kraken it could bring it down to 3 troops

Has anyone seen Karken and Virgo together in action?

No I haven’t got Kraken or AO but there’s no reason they couldn’t both activate on the same battle as Virgo. Like all other boosts if it’s a different ability it should be a seperate activation because it calculates separately

I also think that in BG, the most relevant contribution seems to be number of battles / negotiations cleared. I know those award points towards the acquisition of the provinces, but whether those points are also weighted by age, I don't know.

If points were weighted, it would seem to run counter to the spirit of attrition's goal of making the contributions of lower age players equally relevant. In a tight race, it would be nice to know the couple of extra battles / negotiations an HMA guild member stretched themselves to complete every day are equally as valuable as the SAM player stretching to complete the same extra number.

I guess that’d depend on how many fights a high age player with attrition will go through compared to a low age player with the same attrition

In theory it could be every age starts at 0% boost on enemy troops and we’ll all defeat the same amount of fights if we have the same GB boosts. But hard to say until we test it as to how true that’d be even if the boosts are all the same due to age specific troop bonuses and strengths

Inno should’ve modified the attack rather than bending to the will of players who don’t understand FOE is a fighting game. Removing the Virgo attack from PvP is terrible. My guild does not do GvG so that leaves it only for GE and quest battles. Such a waste of goods and FP’s. I would never have built it. To the players that rush the ages without learning to defend their city and fight, stay put and learn the game. Stop whining.
As long as it does what it does it was never going to be any good for PvP. Not because of whether it’s any good but because it’d basically render every defence GB and defence building that players invested into as if they didn’t exist. How’d you feel if something came along that prevented you from ever being able to use any GB in your city ever again even though they technically still work? Or if they were rendered useless 50% of the time through no fault of your own and no way to counter it? As far as PvP is concerned it needed to not activate to be balanced OR have another GB specifically for Defense to balance against it. Like a chance for a unit when killed to spawn a new healthy unit or something

Last edited:

DeletedUser35531

This. Alongside kraken it could bring it down to 3 troops

No I haven’t got Kraken or AO but there’s no reason they couldn’t both activate on the same battle as Virgo. Like all other boosts if it’s a different ability it should be a seperate activation because it calculates separately

I guess that’d depend on how many fights a high age player with attrition will go through compared to a low age player with the same attrition

In theory it could be every age starts at 0% boost on enemy troops and we’ll all defeat the same amount of fights if we have the same GB boosts. But hard to say until we test it as to how true that’d be even if the boosts are all the same due to age specific troop bonuses and strengths

As long as it does what it does it was never going to be any good for PvP. Not because of whether it’s any good but because it’d basically render every defence GB and defence building that players invested into as if they didn’t exist. How’d you feel if something came along that prevented you from ever being able to use any GB in your city ever again even though they technically still work? Or if they were rendered useless 50% of the time through no fault of your own and no way to counter it? As far as PvP is concerned it needed to not activate to be balanced OR have another GB specifically for Defense to balance against it. Like a chance for a unit when killed to spawn a new healthy unit or something

Frankly, I didn't need Virgo to fight PvP. I sit long enough in each age to take advantage of what each has to offer and I've spent a good amount of resources acquiring advanced gb's that boost fighting and city defense. The Virgo attack would've given less experienced fighters a hand when facing extremely high defense boosts; like mine for example. Each player has the same opportunity to gain attack and defense gb's and specialty buildings. The ones that struggle with PvP are almost always the ones who rushed through the ages without taking advantage of those opportunities.