• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

WINTER 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser29247

WInter Event is Here. Please place your comments.

Your Forge of Empires Team. :)

Winter 2017 Event announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31392

WInter Event is Here. Please place your comments, concerns and suggestions here. We are, as always, interested in your feedback.
Here is the Announcement.

Your Forge of Empires Team. :)

Winter 2017 Event announcement.

Lol... the end of the original announcement post has some excess text I assume was meant to not be there ;):D

DeletedUser28670

Hmmm.
We hope you enjoy the event and we wish you all the best for the holiday time! [adjust this [part to local needs: either keep "holiday", or change to "christmas" or go for sth neutral, like "winter";]]
"Adjust this part to local needs, either keep holiday or change to Christmas or go for sth neutral, like winter".

I'm going to assume that that was Inno's crititism of this announcement's wording which Wedge copied on the announcement lol

DeletedUser25795

Can I confirm that each of the set buildings will be available as a daily special. i.e. the 1x1 buildings. As at the 22nd day of the event in BETA those rewards have NOT appeared yet. The 1x1's are needed multiple times so before we spend diamonds getting multiple daily specials early in the event we need to be assured that we will be able to get multiple copies of ALL of the set during the event. So far the 1x1's have only appeared as a final reward for completing 5 and 34 quests respectively. (My info is taken from http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2017_Winter_Event )

Algona

Random.Ardak.Channeling: I love this Event and am looking forward to it! Thank you INNO.

Looking back at last year: Last Winter was the last Event INNO offered Barracks. Prolly good for the game, but I sure miss the 'jump' in tech. Otherwise last Winter Event was not a lot different then the previous year. HoF was not offered last year.

Looks like I scored 1 SoK last year. Sure hope I do better this year... But Winter is more of an Event designed to give lots of different prizes

Can I confirm that each of the set buildings will be available as a daily special.

I'm hoping 2-3 or more are available as normal Presents every day. That will give folks a chance to collect all nine of them. Otherwise it;ll be tough (or expensive) to get a complete set, much less multiple sets.

garazon

Not so excited about another bunch of set pieces, and on beta so far, the prizes have been less than enthusiastic, unless you count the double payout where i got 2 military drummers :( can we please retire these drummer boys! Going on my forth year now on FoE and this will be the first event I'm sitting out. These rapidly in succession events have dwindled my resources down to nothing on most worlds, and I'm so far ahead of my tech on the campaign maps, its fruitless to participate other than the daily stars where i can open a present.

DeletedUser31882

"We hope you enjoy the event and we wish you all the best for the holiday time! [adjust this [part to local needs: either keep "holiday", or change to "christmas" or go for sth neutral, like "winter";]]"

My favorite part of the announcement. The idea that people get really upset about the name of a holiday, or holiday season, is really weird to me.

This event will be my first avenue to obtaining Set buildings. Here's hoping I score multiple 2x payouts followed up by the SoK & FP set pieces and stacking ten 1x1 FP generators next to each other? :p But seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing what I loot and finding a way to cram it into my city. I especially like the login star gift so we can roll for goodies even if we completely ignore the quests. Maybe I'll roll for wishing wells on my secondary cities? *shrugs*

Regardless, Merry Holidays Y'all.

DeletedUser31392

"We hope you enjoy the event and we wish you all the best for the holiday time! [adjust this [part to local needs: either keep "holiday", or change to "christmas" or go for sth neutral, like "winter";]]"

My favorite part of the announcement. The idea that people get really upset about the name of a holiday, or holiday season, is really weird to me.

This event will be my first avenue to obtaining Set buildings. Here's hoping I score multiple 2x payouts followed up by the SoK & FP set pieces and stacking ten 1x1 FP generators next to each other? :p But seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing what I loot and finding a way to cram it into my city. I especially like the login star gift so we can roll for goodies even if we completely ignore the quests. Maybe I'll roll for wishing wells on my secondary cities? *shrugs*

Regardless, Merry Holidays Y'all.

Word of caution to you the set buildings require unique buildings to get the bonuses. So having to tinker tents or whatever they are called next to each other will not give you any additional set bonus aside from the base bonus the set item gives you. You’ll need the tent and 3 other unique set pieces to get the full benefit of it.

DeletedUser25795

stacking ten 1x1 FP generators

Can we even get 10 1x1's? I have still had no confirmation you can get them as daily rewards therefore according to wiki after 22days they still haven't appeared. So atm you can only get 1 of each from quests. We need this answered before event starts.

DeletedUser25795

Can we get a Q&A session BEFORE event starts as having our questions answered on 5th December will be too late. We need some answers for day 1 otherwise we will not know if it is worth while getting multiple copies of the daily special set prizes.

DeletedUser31392

Can we even get 10 1x1's? I have still had no confirmation you can get them as daily rewards therefore according to wiki after 22days they still haven't appeared. So atm you can only get 1 of each from quests. We need this answered before event starts.

2/3rds if the Event completed on Beta, so far neither 1x1 has been offered as a daily prize.

Also as I stated before your post, stacking 10 of the 1x1’s next to each other does nothing but give the base production...

DeletedUser30943

@Wedge Will there be any Obs prints available as part of the event? I haven't seen any on Beta so far, but it's at least conceivable that they might only be introduced as prizes on new worlds. Comments?

qaccy

Each set piece is only going to be available as a daily prize? For a set that's overall very large, while having very small individual pieces, this seems pretty underwhelming. In the past, the Winter Gate decoration 'set' (aesthetically only, not an actual set by today's definition) had all 3 pieces available on the same day. The central gate was the main prize, but the two statues that accompany it were also available in the presents on these days. It's rather disheartening that this approach wasn't used for this set as well, with the pieces available in 'batches' on select days.

I guess it can be argued that the entire set isn't needed in this case, either, but in terms of number of buildings required I think most players will be better served trying to obtain SoKs than an equivalent number of set buildings to match that FP production, as one example.

DeletedUser30943

I guess it can be argued that the entire set isn't needed in this case, either, but in terms of number of buildings required I think most players will be better served trying to obtain SoKs than an equivalent number of set buildings to match that FP production, as one example.
That was my thinking as well. Sure, if you pay for the whole set (and barring divine intervention, you will be using diamonds to complete it), it gives a lot of very well-rounded bonuses, but I find even small sets are a pain in the butt to keep together, and with this one being so large, I dismissed it as "not worth it" the moment I saw it. Honestly, even if it was worth it building-for-building compared to a similar amount of SoKs or wishing wells or whatever your favourite building is, I just don't need the aggravation of having to find the optimum layout and constantly shift a dozen buildings around every time I want to re-arrange, find some layout that works well in the new configuration, which may or may not be the same shape as the old one, etc. And that's on top of the timers all resetting when you break the set for two seconds moving things around. (Or at least that's what happened last time I had one, dunno if that's still a thing.) A set of 3, I don't mind...a set of much more than that is automatically on my "ignore" list.

DeletedUser27849

As I read up on this event, I find myself right with RobinHood70. I don't find this set appealing, the only option I would even consider would be the 2 that give defense and attack, but then again since there % doesn't go up like the Elephant fountain I don't see the need for them. For the small amount of forge points and small amounts of the other rewards, I would rather spend the starts on trying to obtain more SOK's. You get 2 chances a day from the 10 stars from your Town Hall and the 10 or so from the quest, the odds are not in your favor at all. I would have better odds at the craps table in Vegas. Spending any money for diamonds to try for this set, again I will spend it else where.

DeletedUser28670

Once again, the InnoGames Art Department has done superlative work. Bravo!

And thank you for sharing the composite image of the Winter Set with the pencil drawings around the perimeter. :)
For once, I actually agree with lemur.
Must be the holiday season coming around.
The FOE art department has done excellent work, to say the least. Those buildings look spectacular!