• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

WINTER 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser29623

I know another guy wants diamonds prize like last year and I keep telling him if it doesn't show up in beta it probably won't show up here.

This is why the historical quest lines with the random rewards are actually better in many ways than the bigger events: You stand a chance to get diamonds. I got them twice from Rosa Parks. Thanks, Rosa! (For everything, but also for the diamonds.)

DeletedUser

If it doesn't show up in beta, we probably won't get it in live.

It hasn't shown up so far and there's only 3 more prize rotations, at least 1 or 2 of those will be set pieces.

I know another guy wants diamonds prize like last year and I keep telling him if it doesn't show up in beta it probably won't show up here.

He keeps saying prizes are different but I'm pointing out it's just the order that's different, imo.
Well, that's going to stink if we don't get Obs prints soon! :mad:

DeletedUser27023

I normally never do well with Inno’s RNG but tonight I got a shuffle, then 14 stars, then a 2x and then.........an SoK! I couldn’t believe it.

On another subject, does anyone think Inno will do a diamond/star offer while the SoK is available?

Edit: Went to my inventory to see my 2 SoKs. NOT THERE! Ticket submitted.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29646

Had to spend 130 stars + 320 diamonds to get 1 SoK :( Really do not like this event at all. Would probably had to spend 1,000+ Diamonds to get it if it was not for the fact that I was able to reveal the shuffle present.
I also recorded it to give a good example as to why people do not like this event. Way too luck based. I hope they rethink this event for next year to have a little less RNG. Maybe less presents?

qaccy

Well, the Winter Event's format hasn't changed at all in the 4 years I've been playing, so it's essentially always been the same. The prizes are all that've changed throughout the years, and I think this year may be a bit of a low point...but I'm someone who's been stocking up event prizes for those 4 years, so I'm kind of at a place where I don't really need a whole lot anymore.

DeletedUser25166

Had to spend 130 stars + 320 diamonds to get 1 SoK :( Really do not like this event at all. Would probably had to spend 1,000+ Diamonds to get it if it was not for the fact that I was able to reveal the shuffle present.
I also recorded it to give a good example as to why people do not like this event. Way too luck based. I hope they rethink this event for next year to have a little less RNG. Maybe less presents?
You at a truck stop restroom? What’s with the background noise?

DeletedUser29646

I changed the audio now. My mic picks up all background noise.

DeletedUser30312

SoKs today!

I budgeted 60 stars for today to make an attempt at a SoK. I got a double payout on bonus stars giving me an extra 28, and while I hit the accursed shuffle, the next present was a SoK. Stopped there with 90 some stars to spare. I got the 1 SoK, and the rest of the stuff is pretty much trash so not wasting future presents.

Were there any Confectionaries or Watchfires on Beta? I'm thinking of maybe picking up a Confectionary or two for supplies, and I could use some Watchfires to shore up my defenses, the GE's been cheap with Ritual Flames lately (and I've got a few spots were 2x1 won't fit but 1x1 will).

Algona

One SoK today in my secondary city. Sweet!

Orius, send a thief over to break into my Inventory. 33 RF and 31 WF. Steal all you want.

Heh:

Thanks INNO! You offered every present I wanted, and I was lucky enough to get all but Watchfire.

That was from Jan 2016. How the times have changed.

Neighbor attacked and smashed my defences yesterday I was gonna counterattack but.... the CE city was completely outlined with WFs along 3 borders and RFs in the fourth. Looks slick as all. Discretion >>> valor.

Best wishes to all,. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and I hope you all open the Presents you want.

You get free stuff everyday. It might not be what you want, but you still get free stuff. I dont think anyone cares if you call it a Christmas event or Hannkah, or Yule, or Holiday, or Winter Solstice.
Im not trying to be ugly. It is a personal preference.
I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

So you are happy in life getting free stuff that you don't want?!? You must have a house full of useless garbage!!! With your mentality of thinking, I hope you get lumps of dog poop for Christmas and nothing else. Cause like you said, you should be happy getting free stuff even if you don't want it right? :)

DeletedUser27849

So you are happy in life getting free stuff that you don't want?!? You must have a house full of useless garbage!!! With your mentality of thinking, I hope you get lumps of dog poop for Christmas and nothing else. Cause like you said, you should be happy getting free stuff even if you don't want it right? :)

If you are happier paying for it then go ahead and spend the money for the extra stars. Yes the items in the present are not the greatest, however still useful in some aspects of what you get. I had saved up all my stars up for the SoK's, no I didn't hit any of them however I did get a bit of forge points, medals, and few others things that I can use to complete other portions of the game. But, if you are expecting to always win the best prizes then you are going to be very disappointed in this game.

Unless you are going to pay for it you will not get a guarantee to obtain the best prizes on the board, it is a huge crap shoot.

qaccy

I think that's twisting words just a little bit, because there is no theoretical 'dog poop' in the Winter Event presents. Everything inside has some sort of value in the game. Your line of thinking would be more accurate if the presents contained absolutely nothing, or prizes for a completely different game that you probably have no interest in playing.

However, I myself am operating under the assumption that people would consider 'dog poop' to be actually completely worthless. Maybe someone out there actually does something with it, though...

DeletedUser26120

Ah well with all the good sets lately, we were bound to get one that some players wouldn't like.

I'll go for the oldies but goodies this event instead.

DeletedUser11375

Congratulations InnoGames... you have finally surpassed yourself on stinginess and fruitlessness... for anyone not purchasing diamonds, the Events... in particular this winter event... are virtually useless and disappointing. I have finally reached a point, after three years of enthusiasm... where i won't even bother participating in the event. Collecting the stars is slow and arduous and you have changed the present queue so that there is only really one "good" present worth gambling for but you've also increased the present grid to make it even more random and impossible to win it... unless you buy diamonds to purchase more star cookies. Very VERY disappointed.

DeletedUser20367

My thoughts on the presents.

Having no barracks is disappointing, as others have already said.

No Obs BPs on Beta so probably none here either. Disappointing for the new worlds that have no Obs to get BPs from.

As far as the set pieces go, I'll probably go for a couple of pieces to go with the ones you get from the questline. Certainly won't go for the whole set or multiples but I'm sure that others will. I've already seen diagrams of set combinations with multiples of different pieces. I won't be doing that. I'm getting a bit tired of sets and especially moving them. If (as others have suggested) Inno would come up with a way to move a set as a single piece that would change.

To me, the total quality of the prizes seems about like last year. Sure, there are a lot of days where a set piece is the main prize and people are unhappy about that. However, last year we had daily prizes of: Winter Gate, Gingerbread House, Festive Tree, Snow Globe, Nutcracker etc. Would you rather have those? Last year Store Building was up 3 times and people complained about that too. :)

DeletedUser31498

Did a google search for barracks, and only found the legionnaire, soldier, etc. What barracks prize is everyone referencing?

And obviously the complete set is impossible, but are there any particular ones anyone think is worth getting to achieve an efficient FP generator? I assume SoK is just the best?

DeletedUser

Ah well with all the good sets lately, we were bound to get one that some players wouldn't like.

I'll go for the oldies but goodies this event instead.
I'm actually considering getting rid of the sets I have from previous events.

DeletedUser30312

Orius, send a thief over to break into my Inventory. 33 RF and 31 WF. Steal all you want.

Heh. I wish. :) Shouldn't be a big problem once the RNG decides to start cooperating again.

That was from Jan 2016. How the times have changed.

That was when I started. Caught the very end of the 2015 event, but it wasn't my current city. I had a lot of trouble getting my name to change properly on mobile and redid things 3 or 4 times before things finally took right. Took me a week to figure out who the different servers worked too.

To me, the total quality of the prizes seems about like last year. Sure, there are a lot of days where a set piece is the main prize and people are unhappy about that. However, last year we had daily prizes of: Winter Gate, Gingerbread House, Festive Tree, Snow Globe, Nutcracker etc. Would you rather have those? Last year Store Building was up 3 times and people complained about that too. :)

Hmm. Maybe it's just because I'm not at all interested in the set the prizes seem junky. I mean there is a LOT of trash up, coins, supplies, basic units (like we need these now with GE and BA PvP changes), normal buildings which I also get enough copies of in the GE. Some of those older Winter/Christman themed buildings weren't all that attractive to me either. Store Buildings aren't too bad though.

I'm actually considering getting rid of the sets I have from previous events.

I dunno, the Elephant Fountain isn't too bad because it has a number of boosts on it. I can see dumping the Cherry Garden since it's a big plunder target, and IIRC the combat boosts don't change with age. Indian Palace? Let your neighbors build it. :p The Garden Ruins aren't too bad, they don't take up a lot of space and have some decent benefits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

Did a google search for barracks, and only found the legionnaire, soldier, etc. What barracks prize is everyone referencing?

In the 2015 Winter Event you could Win Baracks of yoour Era. Which meant if you entered the Era jyst before the Event you couls win Barracks for tech you were still weeks or months away from.

This sadly changed with Winter 2016.

you have finally surpassed yourself on stinginess and fruitlessness

Bot quite sure how you can justify this. Aside from the set pieces this Event seems identical to last year. What did I miss?