• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

WINTER 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser29623

Today’s board has two “gold” prizes: Wishing Well and Watchfire. Is it possible that the number of superior prizes on the board will increase as the even proceeds?

DeletedUser25795

At a guess they might class them as minor gold prizes as I also noticed this when they had a one-up or store-building a few days ago. So if they are minor gold they have 2 up and major gold ones only 1 up each day. (major/minor might not be what you class as major/minor as some minor gold prizes I need more than some of the major ones).

DeletedUser26120

Today’s board has two “gold” prizes: Wishing Well and Watchfire. Is it possible that the number of superior prizes on the board will increase as the even proceeds?
Unlikely, they just happened to have watchfires on today and marked it gold as they're rare.

I don't think we will see more than 2 gold prizes on the board at any given day but I could be wrong.

DeletedUser30312

I got lucky yesterday with a double payout on Watchfires for my main, and a Wishing Well for my farm over on Parkog.

DeletedUser

I absolutely hate this random holiday game. Absolutely hate it, possibly the most out of all the random contests. I've spent money and gotten absolutely nothing for it that I couldn't have got by doing Expedition battles and that made me feel stupid.

I do not enjoy things that are stacked against you; the shuffle screws you over every time wiping out your progress to narrow down your selection. I have missed many of the holiday buildings. This has been a deeply frustrating and unrewarding experience.

DeletedUser29623

I do not enjoy things that are stacked against you; the shuffle screws you over every time wiping out your progress to narrow down your selection. I have missed many of the holiday buildings. This has been a deeply frustrating and unrewarding experience.

I feel you on this. I almost bought stars today but stopped myself in time. The only way to play this, given the poor odds, is to expect nothing and spend nothing. Just collect the stars you get for free or quests, spin when something good pops up, but always be ready to walk away from the table when you run out. Expect to get nothing good, and everything you do get is just random free stuff.

DeletedUser27023

Houston we have a problem here in Houndsmoor......i hit 2x payout and then clicked show two and that's what i got two NOT four or 4 see below :

Should it not be show 2 x 2 = show 4 ?????

Again if images are above requirements I will thumbnail them all ...........

Twice I got a 2x payout and the very next tile was a shuffle! It’s infuriating and feels like more than just bad luck. My favorite tiles were twice when I got a show 2.the first time it showed me the shuffle so I could avoid that. The second time it showed me an SoK. I guess good and bad luck is all relative.

DeletedUser26656

does not have a complete working set..
they should not have released it if you can not get all of the pieces and get all of the rewards
need to have 2 touching then you could do as you wish.. esp since they are very expenseiveScreenshot_29.png to buy.

DeletedUser30312

I wouldn't worry about it too much, the set looks nice, but collecting the whole thing is more trouble than it's worth. It's very possible the pieces may show up in the Daily Challenges once they finally get released too.

DeletedUser31592

Will event buildings return? I missed one at the start (sugar building)

Some are showing up for a second time already. I have 2 of one of the 1x1 winter set. Well, technically one was a reward for 10 quests. But a Champion's Retreat just showed up for the second time today.

DeletedUser31592

I was referring to the Pieces of the nine set

And I said that I have a double from the set already.

Some are showing up for a second time already. I have 2 of one of the 1x1 winter set. Well, technically one was a reward for 10 quests. But a Champion's Retreat just showed up for the second time today.
Madame Fortuna's Tent to be more specific. It was a reward for the 10th quest and then showed up as a daily prize.

DeletedUser26656

hi
got blow out 3 days in a row(building days). so now it is not possible for me to get the complete set that does not work any way. over all very disappointed that is is a lose, lose game rather then a winning game
hit the shuffle = lose as the next one was the prize ! 3 times now. to hard to get stars to little chance to get the building prize. at the end i will figure out what i have and delete there rest next event maybe delete this all together

DeletedUser29623

I have two cities. In one, I’ve gotten almost every event building I’ve gone after. In the other, I’ve only got one in addition to the automatic prize of Madame Fortuna. Fortunately, I might just have the room for a set in the lucky city, but that’s all it is: luck. The bad luck of my main city doesn’t define the event any more than the good luck of my secondary one.

DeletedUser29623

No, it's the less than impressive main prize itself that defines this event. Whether or not this event turns out to be beneficial depends on the "secondary" prizes you're able to acquire, while avoiding the relatively worthless set pieces.

You’ll get no argument from me on that. I have a bunch of the pieces and am still not sure if I can make good use of them. I was just responding the preceding post and the recurring complaint that players are not guaranteed to receive the prizes they want over the course of an event predicated on RNG.

DeletedUser31882

Another garbage set and event by Inno. This was my first winter event and I wa s really excited about it, then I saw the event and Innos MASSIVE greed come through, yet again. You think for a CHRISTMAS event, yeah I said it, they would give us a better event instead of a HUGE set that is not easily placed and you cannot even get unless you are the luckiest person on the planet or willing to shell out big bucks for diamonds. I for one will NEVER spend anther penny on this game after seeing Innos latest greedy event. Way to go scrooge, I mean Inno. You must think people are really dumb and don't see through your greedy bs.

To give a counter perspective, this is my first winter event and I was really excited... until I discovered shuffle didn't work the way I thought it did (I assumed current board shuffle, not reset shuffle... Whoops!). Now I am just 'regular' excited for my chance to roll for an SoK or wishing wells. I don't feel entitled to any specific reward, as none was promised to me. Is it ironic how your entitlement blinds you to your own scrooge like behavior... After all, if you were truly a 'champion' of the Christmas Spirit, wouldn't you be all for 'gifting' money to Inno and your fellow players? You must think rich people are entitled to better treatment just because they spend money. Take the silver spoon out of your mouth and learn how RNG and free game apps work. That being said...

I understand why budget gamers go wide-eyed when we run the numbers of what an SoK costs in $ $ bills. I kind of like the steep price, it keeps me FAAAAAAAR away from spending money I don't have for a minor advantage, but gives the whales a chance to throw their weight around. I'm all for that kind of wealth redistribution. That further being said...

The downside is, I won't be constructing a winter set. Not unless Daily Challenge chests end up dumping the set in my lap next year. In that way, I agree with you @dedley the great . If the winter set is supposed to represent the Christmas Spirit of FoE players... I say Ba humbug.

Especially after I didn't get my SoK after blowing all my stars:rolleyes:.